HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Seeker23 Nice going on that watermark removal! Unfortunately, You missed the watermark on the bill (tip) of her cap. Sometimes they are really hard to spot! "Where's Waldo?" Eat your heart out.

XenoHaze Nice work on those watermark removals! I feel your pain.

Sometimes there are slight light filters over the different variations so you can't exactly use the same watermark removals on multiple variations.

Reactions: Seeker23

andddddd

Jul 17, 2020
To those who complete and adding voice over tutorial in OP, THANK YOU!!!!! Somehow it is hard to find one by one, and there is the quick one. Thanks!!

mistkat

Dec 26, 2020
Seeker23 Nice going on that watermark removal! Unfortunately, You missed the watermark on the bill (tip) of her cap. Sometimes they are really hard to spot! "Where's Waldo?" Eat your heart out.

Sometimes there are slight light filters over the different variations so you can't exactly use the same watermark removals on multiple variations.
Yep that's the same problem I had when I was editing some versions together, their shading color was different which made it difficult to merge together.
XenoHaze Thanks for the edits as always! You're a hero for removing watermarks for us lol. If you ever have time could you remove the one where Sakura isn't wearing the over-the-knee sockings? I thought the bare-skin looked the best (or even the fishnet one but like you said, it's tougher to remove watermarks for them). You absolutely can just ignore this too, you've already done so much for us so I'm being a little greedy asking for a version I prefer more.
Always appreciate you!

Reactions: XenoHaze

XenoHaze

Feb 10, 2018
Yep that's the same problem I had when I was editing some versions together, their shading color was different which made it difficult to merge together.
XenoHaze Thanks for the edits as always! You're a hero for removing watermarks for us lol. If you ever have time could you remove the one where Sakura isn't wearing the over-the-knee sockings? I thought the bare-skin looked the best (or even the fishnet one but like you said, it's tougher to remove watermarks for them). You absolutely can just ignore this too, you've already done so much for us so I'm being a little greedy asking for a version I prefer more.
Always appreciate you!
Hey, thank you for you kind words :)

I added the nsfw4 and 7 variant edits of the naruto girls. I might do more.
I guess you mean nsfw4 with no over-knee-stockings?

Reactions: mistkat

SgtKahuna117

Mar 10, 2019
Good eye, most people don't notice the face edits I make lol...Sakimichan still challenges herself, and while it sometimes results in poorer quality art, she learns more through that as an artist

Partial nudity is more difficult technically but faster, while full nudity will be easier but more time consuming lol...also I'm only emulating her style, my own is very different to Sakimichan's
Just wanted to clarify as she pioneered the anime realism, so she should take credit for that
Had a lot of free time this past weekend, so here's my rudimentary rendition of her nsfw NFT piece...will maybe come back to finalize it if ever the HD version is shared lol

View attachment 1321714
You did a great job with the NFT version, what did you use to upscale it? I saw a version somebody uploaded with AI Gigapixel but it looked blurry and bad, this version you did look very good compared to it, almost like if it was redone in high res

ghoulghast

Feb 26, 2018

Not sure who it would help, but I'll add a few tips here that may allow people using photoshop to remove watermarks faster

Step 1:
Import essential layers from the PSD which would help (PSD's provided are normally half the size of the painting, so go to Image>Image Size, set the attribute on the right to pixels and enlarge to however many pixels the painting is at, for example, Mai's height was at 3600 pixels, so set it to that)
Then duplicate layers by right clicking on the selection of folders and indicating which open document that you wish to duplicate them to...your document should them look like this

1.jpg

Step 2a:
Look in the PSD layers and locate any watermarks that exist; Ctrl+Click that layer to obtain a selection as shown below (Isolating the watermark itself is mandatory, but showing this to caution that it is sometimes hidden in other layers)

2.jpg

Step 2b:
If you cannot locate the watermark itself, or as seen above, the watermark selection is not the one in the painting, you will have to manually make a selection either by using the lasso tool, or what I favor usually by creating a layer and filling it in with a contrasting color, add a mask to it and start painting in the watermark area selection (Alt+Click the mask to see the area that would show up in Black/White)

3.jpg
4.jpg

Step 3:
Once you have the selection complete, Select>Modify>Expand and input somewhere 1-3 pixels to enlarge selection, then blur it by using Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur with somewhere around 2.8 value
If your selection was done by lasso tool, the feathering option would do, or if you forgot to set that before you made the selection, you can go into the Select and Mask menu as shown below...the values you can self determine
When everything's done you will see the edges blurred

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Step 4a:
If you manage to find a usable background in the PSD layers, make a copy of that (here I found that by showing only the edit and bg folders in the PSD, the resulting image is close to the background in the painting, so I decided to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E to get a new layer of all visible merged, then use the mask/selection obtained from previous steps in order to confine this layer to covering only the watermark area
However, as seen below, the merged image is still slightly different to the painting that it shows up with a weird border, so the simplest method is to clip a few adjustment layers to that and modify accordingly...of course it won't be final, so painting over that afterwards will also be a must

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Step 4b:
If you don't have the PSD or did not find any usable background, then simply use content aware while having the watermark area selection active and pressing Shift+Backspace to get a content aware fill...results will be different from the original background given it's AI deduced, but you won't need to adjust the hue or brightness as much and simply focus on painting over the weird parts

11.jpg

Since this is simply a problem solving task, the solutions are many and you really don't have to follow the steps to a T unless it improves your workflow...but a lot of people tend to not be able to deduce proactively so writing this here as a reminder...use this however you want lol

You did a great job with the NFT version, what did you use to upscale it? I saw a version somebody uploaded with AI Gigapixel but it looked blurry and bad, this version you did look very good compared to it, almost like if it was redone in high res
I didn't, the image is a screencap from the video, and yeah, I saw the AI upscale a couple posts earlier and decided the tech wasn't mature enough lol

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
ghoulghast Thanks for that writeup on removing watermarks. Very nicely detailed!

I would like to add that if you have the PSD, sometimes the watermarks are in different places than the published art. Then it's easy to just resize and then cut/paste the part of the pic without a watermark.

Most of the time though, I can't find the PSD so I just have to rely on the content-aware method or if the watermark is on a difficult detailed area, I just redraw the part myself.

SAAVEDRA How do you usually make those renders? Do you just painstakingly use the pentool to cut out the background?

SAAVEDRA

Uploader
Aug 11, 2019
SAAVEDRA How do you usually make those renders? Do you just painstakingly use the pentool to cut out the background?
I Can't Just Crop The Background Of All The Images At Once, Sakimi Only Sends A Psd File That Only Brings One Or Two Of The Many Variations That She Makes TwT So I Have To Edit All The Versions One By One And Add Extra Layers To The File ^-^
For Example This Edit Of Rory Mercury, I Have To Recreate The Full Axe Because I Don't Like Incomplete Edits 7u7
1628396205715.png rory mercury_older nsfw1.jpg

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
I Can't Just Crop The Background Of All The Images At Once, Sakimi Only Sends A Psd File That Only Brings One Or Two Of The Many Variations That She Makes TwT So I Have To Edit All The Versions One By One And Add Extra Layers To The File ^-^
For Example This Edit Of Rory Mercury, I Have To Recreate The Full Axe Because I Don't Like Incomplete Edits 7u7
View attachment 1341440 View attachment 1341438
Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing!

Great work on recreating those parts that were incomplete in the original! Nice!

Also, I don't know how you can stand having such a bright white background as your desktop wallpaper. Must be a psychopath. :p

Last edited:

mistkat

Dec 26, 2020
Hey, thank you for you kind words :)

I added the nsfw4 and 7 variant edits of the naruto girls. I might do more.
I guess you mean nsfw4 with no over-knee-stockings?
Yep exactly nsfw 3/4/7 where there's no over-knee-stockings (3 is bare skin and 4/7 are fishnet) , thanks so much!
Earlier I made a version with the edit you first provided, and decided to have only Sakura and Hinata wearing headbands where Hinata is showing one of her eyes cause I liked what you did with them :)
I'm still playing around with it and will edit the other versions that you so kindly updated!

fishnetXhot spring  edit test.png

Reactions: xEnryux and Ezra

gef48

Jan 30, 2019
Upscale: yea Gigapixel has a bad upscale, if you want to upscale pictures go to the discord upscale server and use ESRAGAN (written in Python) with the user trained models, if you dont want to use python with a terminal use "NMKD Cupscale" here are an example of it.
View attachment 1341307
View attachment 1341309
Could you provide the name or the trained model?it's not cool with the standard model.

Reactions: Ezra
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes