Akida21

Feb 21, 2021
1)what artists are you talking about?
2)I think sakimi draw only characters that produce her a profit:(, not those she wants
Well, several of the artists that I followed began to draw nft and stopped drawing for the public, I will not put names

I said that I prefer, I didn't say that she drew, and I don't know if she only draws to generate money, sometimes she makes drawings that generate a lot of controversy, and also she stopped drawing so many male characters, that lowered the number of patreons a lot, therefore less money

One more thing to draw, what generates the most money, he does a very detailed study of the character, if he does not consume the content of what he draws, it is impressive

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
Well, several of the artists that I followed began to draw nft and stopped drawing for the public, I will not put names

I said that I prefer, I didn't say that she drew, and I don't know if she only draws to generate money, sometimes she makes drawings that generate a lot of controversy, and also she stopped drawing so many male characters, that lowered the number of patreons a lot, therefore less money

One more thing to draw, what generates the most money, he does a very detailed study of the character, if he does not consume the content of what he draws, it is impressive
I think it is quite obvious what she does. She does 70-30% in favor of what she likes against what is popular. For example, we have Tifa and 2b every 2-3 terms. She said that she watched Akame ga Kill recently and drew Esdeath, now she draws her again. We have daily Genshin stuff, which is more on the miss side in ter of quality imo. And the daily hot show like SpyXFamiliy for example, but considering it is more of the cutesy side and I am not surpised that we are flooded with multiple art pieces from the series. After following her art for so long it is easy to understand her taste that she is Nintendo fangirl and enjoys cute stuff.

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
It's true, but the anime is over and everything, I don't know, I prefer that I draw anime characters in broadcast, I have a long list, although I suppose we will continue to have 2b and tifa for eternity, hopefully sakimi doesn't abandon us like other artists
You do that, if you care about popularity. In my opinion having a distinct preference like Dandon is way better than trying to draw what is purely popular because more often than not it does not mesh well with your art style.For example, lewding Komi which she did or Nagataro.

You can argue that this is subjective but this is why we have polls or surveys which from my experience are dead. She does a newsletter thingy and asks for suggestion which is bloated and thus I haven't seen her draw anything out of them. Considering how big she is, it is baffling how much lack of communication there is with her.

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
i mean fairy tail isn't over its not a new spin off and its pretty good the 100 year quest. Don't forget just because a series end doesn't mean the characters can't be redrawn. But again it depends on the patreon subscribers they I believe get to vote and decide what she draws and will draw.
Definitely, agree with you brother. Unfortunately, her Patreon is just to get whatever she has in mind for the month you can make suggestions but she will brush it off most of the time because she interact with her patreons on surface level only.

Akida21

Feb 21, 2021
Definitely, agree with you brother. Unfortunately, her Patreon is just to get whatever she has in mind for the month you can make suggestions but she will brush it off most of the time because she interact with her patreons on surface level only.
do you expect her to interact with all her 8k on patreon, or maybe with the million followers on twitter? How could she satisfy her entire audience with only 8 +/- drawings per month, is it normal for her to draw what more people would like, or should she selfishly draw for a select audience? what I think is that by chance you are part of the minority and that is why you are not satisfied with their work, but in my case I cannot complain, every month I have at least 1 or 2 of their arts that I like a lot

in any case there are too many better artists in the world and artists in progress, and also art for all tastes, just let them be, one is supposed to be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone

And if you can't, ask him for a commission, and he will surely make you a custom drawing, probably...

Reactions: Veralyn

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
do you expect her to interact with all her 8k on patreon, or maybe with the million followers on twitter? How could she satisfy her entire audience with only 8 +/- drawings per month, is it normal for her to draw what more people would like, or should she selfishly draw for a select audience? what I think is that by chance you are part of the minority and that is why you are not satisfied with their work, but in my case I cannot complain, every month I have at least 1 or 2 of their arts that I like a lot

in any case there are too many better artists in the world and artists in progress, and also art for all tastes, just let them be, one is supposed to be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone

And if you can't, ask him for a commission, and he will surely make you a custom drawing, probably...
I did not want to come off as rude but did you read my reply? I never said anything about satisfying anyone. You follow artist , doing art meaningful to you.

Moreover, there are many ways you can interact your with patreons no matter their size - polls, suggestions, posts so your argument is invalid. From my experience, she keep doing surveys without saying or doing anything. Why would you ask for opinion, if you don't consider it?

Akida21

Feb 21, 2021
I did not want to come off as rude but did you read my reply? I never said anything about satisfying anyone. You follow artist , doing art meaningful to you.

Moreover, there are many ways you can interact your with patreons no matter their size - polls, suggestions, posts so your argument is invalid. From my experience, she keep doing surveys without saying or doing anything. Why would you ask for opinion, if you don't consider it?
honestly I'm tired I guess everyone has their points of view, good day

Tengu404

Oct 27, 2021
Does anyone have her Mori Calli (T 170) or honolulu (T169) process or video or step by step image she posts with them? I looked in the megas and couldnt find honolulu pics she was missing. thank you

cadenhuh2

Nov 13, 2021
I don't know bro, but she started doing this longtime ago so I guess there probably are someone complained about this 'attitude' and got ignored eternally
she literally cuts it because the face takes more time to paint especially if you are going for a more specific look, she always talks about how picky of an artist she is when it comes to things like the face, and she indeed DOES have lots of tutorials with her painting the face!

tryitagain777

Apr 24, 2020
But does she really notice that long videos are not really a problem to us? Most of her current tutorials are between 1,5GB - 2GB if they reach 3GB - 3,5GB with 10 - 12 hours length it still means nothing, just like her videos process long time ago we download them anyway. She had lots of face-draw tutorials yes, so that is the reason for not making recording more of the process? She changed her style every few months and she wants us to look for the most critical part in last years videos? How about the new comers? And her longtime patrons, too? They could be professional artists so she wants them to base on her old guidance to re-simulate her style now? I don't see any difficulty for her to record the entire process, she just doesn't "feel like" to publish it

she literally cuts it because the face takes more time to paint especially if you are going for a more specific look, she always talks about how picky of an artist she is when it comes to things like the face, and she indeed DOES have lots of tutorials with her painting the face!

macmasEK

Jun 28, 2021
Does anyone have her Mori Calli (T 170) or honolulu (T169) process or video or step by step image she posts with them? I looked in the megas and couldnt find honolulu pics she was missing. thank you
Have only

Reactions: Tengu404
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes