Others Sanctuary in Time [v1.4.7] [Novus Operandi Game Design]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes
May 17, 2020
Is there an option to reduce the age of any of the women you save? Feel uncomfortable sending a 57 year old grandma into potentical combat situation.
Once you get enough devotion to have the second tier unlocked in 'manage', with grooming, titles and all, you can change their age in gene options there.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
has anyone already listed the best personality/demeanor for each duty?
Thank you for playing, Eillahn! The info below should hopefully help explain how a follower's personality affects them. It's info that's being added to the in-game tutorials menu as part of an upcoming update.

• Confident followers are outgoing and versatile, but also somewhat prideful. They find themselves good at many things, but they’re not always willing to do menial tasks. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Combat, Courtship, or Medical.

• Shy followers are introverted and more timid than others. They enjoy the solitude afforded by academic study or the behind-the-scenes anonymity of menial labor. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Medical or Caretaking.

• Seductive followers are sensual and comfortable with their own bodies, as well as the bodies of others. They enjoy both giving and receiving pleasure, and sometimes find themselves drawn to the healing arts as well. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Courtship or Medical.

• Naïve followers are inexperienced and less sure of themselves than others. They prefer the certainty afforded by academic study, or the simplicity of menial labor. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Medical or Caretaking.

• Reserved followers are focused and serious individuals, good at compartmentalizing their emotions. They tend to do well in high-stress professions that require tremendous dedication. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Combat or Medical.

• Nurturing followers are natural empaths and take joy in providing for the needs of others. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Courtship, Medical, or Caretaking.

Reactions: DDSDD

Eillahn

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks NovusOperandi, its most useful. It will be a nice addition to the game tutorial.

I played your game quite a lot in the last few days, and found it most addictive. The story goes well with the mechanics of the game, which seems to offer plenty of possibilities for extensions. On the other hand, it seems a little short as it is written (the ending seems a little definitive and does not open up to other events) to be able to take full advantage of the extensions that you could develop.
But all in all I found your game really fun, I enjoyed myself a lot playing it.

Might have liked to have more additional slots when upgrading the locations (more like +3 or +4 than the current +2)

Thanks for your good work, and sorry for not being able to support as of now.

Reactions: NovusOperandi

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Thanks NovusOperandi, its most useful. It will be a nice addition to the game tutorial.

I played your game quite a lot in the last few days, and found it most addictive. The story goes well with the mechanics of the game, which seems to offer plenty of possibilities for extensions. On the other hand, it seems a little short as it is written (the ending seems a little definitive and does not open up to other events) to be able to take full advantage of the extensions that you could develop.
But all in all I found your game really fun, I enjoyed myself a lot playing it.

Might have liked to have more additional slots when upgrading the locations (more like +3 or +4 than the current +2)

Thanks for your good work, and sorry for not being able to support as of now.
Thank you for the kind words & the feedback, Eillahn. They're very much appreciated. And, they're also a form of support that I value every bit as much as monetary contributions. So, no need to apologize. I'm just glad you're enjoying the game.

May 17, 2020
Okay, after playing a bit, here's not really suggestions but some food for thought:

• More interactions between your followers, as mentioned previously, but not necessarily just of erotic nature, it just feels a shame that the settlement never really feels busy, even if we start hitting limits, it's always full of very individual episodes, outside of Matrons weekly reports and it makes it a bit jarring when there's "suddenly" all those followers around during story events. Each building has a description, maybe there could be a line of flavour inserted there, like, for example, if there are Caretakers Quarters built, every now and then in the War College we could see "Normally it should be busy with your warriors training, but they are suspiciously absent today. After short investigation you find a gaggle of excited girls in the kitchen, focusing on Caretaker XYZ as she carefully puts something in the oven."
  • Titles of followers mentioned when interacting with them, this one's also mostly about late game, when there are many followers, you can easily lose track of 'em. It would be nice if the random events or LOOK CLOSER give you their full title and name at least once, so that it would be easier to get a bearing about who you're talking to, whether that's your Holy Paladin or one of the new Knight-errants.
  • More interaction with the settlement itself, this is quite a lot like the first idea, but specifically about our character, maybe we could get a 'personal' event in the weekly reports, for what we were doing when not training anyone in particular? Something that would bring in some insignificant boons, like helping Eva to gain a bit more energy, or lending a hand to follower to raise their devotion, getting scraped while exploring and being helped by some random follower so they raise their medical skills. Could be as well something that you choose in coaching, 'Explore the surroundings', 'Help around the settlement', 'Oversee the (building's name)', each with its own set of possible outcomes and followers you could end up interacting with.
  • An upgrade to Main Hall that would allow Eva to start a targeted search, this one's a big maybe, because it could potentially break the game balance, so maybe something available only after main story ('we've incorporated their tech and look at what we can do now'), but I wouldn't mind being able to pay some energy upfront to get a specific personality and/or from specific area.
  • Redo of weight/muscle management, I don't mind it early on, but, again, keeping tabs on all the people late/post game gets a bit tedious, wouldn't mind it being a room upgrade, but I'd love to be able to just set a specific target for weight and muscles for a follower and let them sort it out on their own.
  • Clothing, this is a personal taste, but having to buy each individually and for a hefty price means that I barely ever bother during the main story and only buy top-shelf once it's mostly all done and I have silver to spend, rather than slowly upgrading through tiers that unlock. I think it would be much more enticing if purchasing a set of clothing would make it available for all eligible followers, maybe it could be just paying for a pattern so that it can be printed out at Eva's leisure.
  • Mastery levels increasing Strength and Persuasion, this one's another big maybe, but I just think it would be a nice mark of progress for your guys if becoming masters would actually make numbers go up. Not sure it even matters gameplay-wise at this point, just some positive feedback for feel-good points.
  • First Aid Station makes the Medics pretty much redundant, and I'm not sure what can be done about that, because I definitely wouldn't like to see it gone. IMO, Medics could use a rework to act more like Caretakers and provide healing even without patients assigned, maybe on building-specific basis, so there's actual reason to ever hire more than a single Medic. Right now I have one and she's mostly idle, aside of healing up fresh rescues.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Okay, after playing a bit, here's not really suggestions but some food for thought:

• More interactions between your followers, as mentioned previously, but not necessarily just of erotic nature, it just feels a shame that the settlement never really feels busy, even if we start hitting limits, it's always full of very individual episodes, outside of Matrons weekly reports and it makes it a bit jarring when there's "suddenly" all those followers around during story events. Each building has a description, maybe there could be a line of flavour inserted there, like, for example, if there are Caretakers Quarters built, every now and then in the War College we could see "Normally it should be busy with your warriors training, but they are suspiciously absent today. After short investigation you find a gaggle of excited girls in the kitchen, focusing on Caretaker XYZ as she carefully puts something in the oven."
  • Titles of followers mentioned when interacting with them, this one's also mostly about late game, when there are many followers, you can easily lose track of 'em. It would be nice if the random events or LOOK CLOSER give you their full title and name at least once, so that it would be easier to get a bearing about who you're talking to, whether that's your Holy Paladin or one of the new Knight-errants.
  • More interaction with the settlement itself, this is quite a lot like the first idea, but specifically about our character, maybe we could get a 'personal' event in the weekly reports, for what we were doing when not training anyone in particular? Something that would bring in some insignificant boons, like helping Eva to gain a bit more energy, or lending a hand to follower to raise their devotion, getting scraped while exploring and being helped by some random follower so they raise their medical skills. Could be as well something that you choose in coaching, 'Explore the surroundings', 'Help around the settlement', 'Oversee the (building's name)', each with its own set of possible outcomes and followers you could end up interacting with.
  • An upgrade to Main Hall that would allow Eva to start a targeted search, this one's a big maybe, because it could potentially break the game balance, so maybe something available only after main story ('we've incorporated their tech and look at what we can do now'), but I wouldn't mind being able to pay some energy upfront to get a specific personality and/or from specific area.
  • Redo of weight/muscle management, I don't mind it early on, but, again, keeping tabs on all the people late/post game gets a bit tedious, wouldn't mind it being a room upgrade, but I'd love to be able to just set a specific target for weight and muscles for a follower and let them sort it out on their own.
  • Clothing, this is a personal taste, but having to buy each individually and for a hefty price means that I barely ever bother during the main story and only buy top-shelf once it's mostly all done and I have silver to spend, rather than slowly upgrading through tiers that unlock. I think it would be much more enticing if purchasing a set of clothing would make it available for all eligible followers, maybe it could be just paying for a pattern so that it can be printed out at Eva's leisure.
  • Mastery levels increasing Strength and Persuasion, this one's another big maybe, but I just think it would be a nice mark of progress for your guys if becoming masters would actually make numbers go up. Not sure it even matters gameplay-wise at this point, just some positive feedback for feel-good points.
  • First Aid Station makes the Medics pretty much redundant, and I'm not sure what can be done about that, because I definitely wouldn't like to see it gone. IMO, Medics could use a rework to act more like Caretakers and provide healing even without patients assigned, maybe on building-specific basis, so there's actual reason to ever hire more than a single Medic. Right now I have one and she's mostly idle, aside of healing up fresh rescues.
Hello, Various_Issues. Thank you so much for all the wonderful feedback & suggestions. I always appreciate those. I'll be sure to keep them in mind moving forward.

Max (Novus Operandi)

Reactions: Various_Issues

DDSDD

May 29, 2018
Thank you for playing, Eillahn! The info below should hopefully help explain how a follower's personality affects them. It's info that's being added to the in-game tutorials menu as part of an upcoming update.

• Confident followers are outgoing and versatile, but also somewhat prideful. They find themselves good at many things, but they’re not always willing to do menial tasks. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Combat, Courtship, or Medical.

• Shy followers are introverted and more timid than others. They enjoy the solitude afforded by academic study or the behind-the-scenes anonymity of menial labor. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Medical or Caretaking.

• Seductive followers are sensual and comfortable with their own bodies, as well as the bodies of others. They enjoy both giving and receiving pleasure, and sometimes find themselves drawn to the healing arts as well. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Courtship or Medical.

• Naïve followers are inexperienced and less sure of themselves than others. They prefer the certainty afforded by academic study, or the simplicity of menial labor. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Medical or Caretaking.

• Reserved followers are focused and serious individuals, good at compartmentalizing their emotions. They tend to do well in high-stress professions that require tremendous dedication. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Combat or Medical.

• Nurturing followers are natural empaths and take joy in providing for the needs of others. They may start with a level of ‘beginner’ in Courtship, Medical, or Caretaking.
If I can suggest something very simple, I would like quality over quantity of personalities. Like Seductive followers would be better at Courtship than anyone else but bat at Combat for example. I do like the good levels of customization and the fact that they come with Trust, but it does help longevity to not have always the same servant at the end of the day.

Also, some more info when you save someone of what they are gonna be good/bad at. Since that event happens a lot, I found myself savescumming at the beginning because having someone not suited for Combat or Courtship at the beginning is a waste of resources and those don't come exactly fast.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.1 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront!

We've got a BEEFY update this month, with a bunch of new content & changes. Outfits now grant bonuses (a highly-requested feature), and several new side story events have been added to the game. Plus, we've got balancing updates for damage & weekly duty bonuses, minor changes to existing events, a smattering of bugfixes & more. So, dive in & check it out!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount!

Above all else, have fun!
Max (Novus Operandi)

drednex

Feb 2, 2022
while using the complete version sometimes after clicking continue after a weekly report the game screen will just be white with no other options then to just load a past save.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
while using the complete version sometimes after clicking continue after a weekly report the game screen will just be white with no other options then to just load a past save.
Thank you for reaching out, drednex. That definitely shouldn't be happening & I'm sorry you've had to experience that. If you can send a copy of your savefile to max.ingram@novusoperandigames.com, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. I'll see if I can track down the issue & add a fix to a future patch.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
The file was shown to be a virus by defender after having been downloaded from gofile, fyi.
Thank you for the heads up, SamaraYojimbo. While I can't vouch for other sources, if you download the game file from Patreon or the Itch storefront, it should be safe & virus-free.

May 17, 2020
Oh look, it's me again, hope you're not tired of me just yet, because I'll be nagging again.

I really like the idea with the clothing boosting the jobs now, it works very well and gives a proper purpose to them, but paradoxically, makes the cosmetic changes even more unachievable, now that there's another semi-mandatory thing to sink silver in. The economy, IMO, is currently in an awkward place, this game I wasn't even able to complete Temple before main story ended and I'm not sure what I could try to do differently, as I wasn't too fussy about recruits and didn't take someone in mainly when I was physically stopped by no spot in the Main Hall - aside, could we maybe have them default to becoming a patient at Infirmary if there's a free spot?

Maybe Temple and College could have its cost halved, but unlock only two spots each and have rest of the price as a first upgrade to bring them to current standard capacity of four? That way you could get the Paladins/Priestesses start bringing in extra income earlier and free spots in the Main Hall? It did seem like my Knight-Errants and Courtesans spent a lot of weeks ready to upgrade, but I had no resources for advanced building, and then there's more waiting for them to actually get built. Also, that's not a biggie, but once you get the two running, Main Hall pretty much stays empty, as you either send recruits to infirmary or to their dedicated spots. Not sure what can be done about it, or if anything even needs to be done, maybe some dedicated Main Hall posts could work?

The new event with follower getting harmed is an interesting idea to activate Medics, but they also are in a bit of a niche. Infirmaries are prohibitively expensive at the Temple/College for what little use they could have and the main one tends to be busy mostly around recruiting phase and maybe when you have someone inept trying to learn something and when the story beats leave the settlement shaken. At the same time you can't really have a random chance just straight up off a follower and make them a patient for weeks... maybe with the clothing helping with damage the offworld missions could cause harm no matter the outcome, so they can't stay grinding once you set them to? Sounds like a micromanagement hell, though, it's a tough nut to crack. I'd still say that Infirmaries and maybe even Caretakers Quarters as well at the Temple/College could use a discount, because I'm not sure they justify the investment as of now.

Okay, now that this is done, I do really enjoy the latest update, it drags the game into right direction, there's more life to the settlement and the random interactions with the followers you get now are just what I wished for. Clothing makes you search after individual followers, making you inspect or see what they're up to once you're there, so there's less weeks when you just advance a turn, because you're waiting for something to build or for resources to pile up. Very cool stuff all in all.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Oh look, it's me again, hope you're not tired of me just yet, because I'll be nagging again.

I really like the idea with the clothing boosting the jobs now, it works very well and gives a proper purpose to them, but paradoxically, makes the cosmetic changes even more unachievable, now that there's another semi-mandatory thing to sink silver in. The economy, IMO, is currently in an awkward place, this game I wasn't even able to complete Temple before main story ended and I'm not sure what I could try to do differently, as I wasn't too fussy about recruits and didn't take someone in mainly when I was physically stopped by no spot in the Main Hall - aside, could we maybe have them default to becoming a patient at Infirmary if there's a free spot?

Maybe Temple and College could have its cost halved, but unlock only two spots each and have rest of the price as a first upgrade to bring them to current standard capacity of four? That way you could get the Paladins/Priestesses start bringing in extra income earlier and free spots in the Main Hall? It did seem like my Knight-Errants and Courtesans spent a lot of weeks ready to upgrade, but I had no resources for advanced building, and then there's more waiting for them to actually get built. Also, that's not a biggie, but once you get the two running, Main Hall pretty much stays empty, as you either send recruits to infirmary or to their dedicated spots. Not sure what can be done about it, or if anything even needs to be done, maybe some dedicated Main Hall posts could work?

The new event with follower getting harmed is an interesting idea to activate Medics, but they also are in a bit of a niche. Infirmaries are prohibitively expensive at the Temple/College for what little use they could have and the main one tends to be busy mostly around recruiting phase and maybe when you have someone inept trying to learn something and when the story beats leave the settlement shaken. At the same time you can't really have a random chance just straight up off a follower and make them a patient for weeks... maybe with the clothing helping with damage the offworld missions could cause harm no matter the outcome, so they can't stay grinding once you set them to? Sounds like a micromanagement hell, though, it's a tough nut to crack. I'd still say that Infirmaries and maybe even Caretakers Quarters as well at the Temple/College could use a discount, because I'm not sure they justify the investment as of now.

Okay, now that this is done, I do really enjoy the latest update, it drags the game into right direction, there's more life to the settlement and the random interactions with the followers you get now are just what I wished for. Clothing makes you search after individual followers, making you inspect or see what they're up to once you're there, so there's less weeks when you just advance a turn, because you're waiting for something to build or for resources to pile up. Very cool stuff all in all.
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback & ideas, Various_Issues. They're always very much appreciated. It's been a challenge to balance the economy in the game, but I feel like we're getting closer with each update. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new side story events & content. Thank you for playing!

May 17, 2020
Heads up about the saves going blank, they aren't bricked! If that happens to you, reload an older save, advance turn and skip through all the events to reach next week. At least for me, if I load back the 'broken' save after that, I can advance turn no problem. Hopefully this will also help pinpointing where an issue may be.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.2 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront!

Things have been hectic lately with the release of my new book, , so we've got a smaller update this month, but one that still packs a punch. Upgrades to existing events, a few new side story events, a new coaching action, and an assortment of bug fixes & balancing updates as well. So, dig right in & let me know what you think.

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount!

Above all else, have fun!
Max (Novus Operandi)

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SanctuaryInTime-0.4.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes