Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
So it was just a three day affair? That's a shame. I'll be absolutely looking forward to the next game - the art alone was enough to convince me, and the writing was extra tasty icing on the cake.

About the problems of the game - I think I have made myself pretty clear (and others seem to be pointing out as well) - roleplaying as Roman sucked. As a player, I felt like I had very little narrative agency or choices in the game - especially when you have a character like Carmen, who spends quite a lot of pointing out for me to see.

I don't hate Carmen (nobody who likes strong women should or would), but I do think that the game did her bit of a disservice. By hobbling Roman's choices, you kind of hobbled as well. Sometimes it feels like she's an adult in kindergarten - she has a impervious aura; but the narrative enforces it by never letting anyone actually question it - that makes it cheap.

Once again, I'm not complaining about the characters, or writing. Carmen is Carmen, and Roman is Roman. Fine. In that case, I am upset with the presentation with the game. If this game, with no changes in content whatsoever -

1) Was a kinetic novel - I'd have no problems, because there are no choices, and I'd happily enjoy it to the end.
2) Presented it as a third person choice story -
Instead of 'I asked Glasha to come down', if there was 'Roman asked Glasha to come down' - I'd be still be okay with it, because, once again, I'm not the guy.
3) Presented it from the view of a character with agency (Carmen) -
I think the game would be much better for it; with minor switches to Roman from time to time, it could easily work.

Anyways, I don't have problem with femdom and maledom. I say this so that you don't dismiss the issue with this game as just bitching or whatever.

My problem is with the roleplay - I am the stand-in for Roman in this game. It is not Roman who makes stupid decisions or is led into Carmen's schemes, it's ne. Except that I am not that stupid, and there is a disconnect between the reality that is presented and that I want - which makes it unpleasant.

Even if all the roads are supposed to Rome (being dominated), it's too overt. The whole thing seems like a stage play sometimes - now you'll say this, and she'll say that. Part of the problem is the good writing - when everything seems to have depth, you easily notice the shallow choices.

Well, I guess I ranted a bit more again. Thanks for the great game, and best of luck for your next project.
nicely written and i couldn't agree more there. that's exactly what i wanted to say in my previoous post but failed to do so xD. to be honest your post would be good enough to put it under the review section. get a big fat like from me, packed in a present and neatly presented with a ribbon on it :whistle:. ya earned it.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
That route is the final ending and is the closest one to "outsmart her since I figured out that would be the only way to truly impress someone like her". I won't spoil it, but it's the one I'd personally most like to put an epilogue to.
Yeah I read the other posts, and I suspected you were saving the best for last. :) Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Dusky Hallows

warrug25

Jul 2, 2017
The art for this game is really amazing: the idea of drawing it instead of using 3D models gives the game very unique nuances which are much appreciated in my opinion.
As someone pointed out, the gameplay is someway debatable, but the art alone is honestly enough to make me want to see where Duski and Hallows want to go in the future.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Played the game. I have to say really disappointed with the endings. Apparently the prisoner is just so amazing that no matter what option we pick we cannot get the best of her. Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully the creator's next game will have more options than this.
I don't quite know what you were expecting.

She's a general leading an entire army and Roman is just a merc.

Reactions: Dusky Hallows

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
The art is good. Too bad it's written by...

...A hack!

You heard me, Hallows. I'm calling you out. The gauntlet is thrown. Fisticuffs at dawn!
80% of SoC art is on this level, 10% is better and 10% worse in my opinion. I'm too much of an editor to comment on writing though. Everyone's a critic...

Reactions: telc0ntar

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I don't quite know what you were expecting.

She's a general leading an entire army and Roman is just a merc.
I understand that. But if she is so dangerous why ever free her from her bonds? I just wanted more player agency at the end not just, "You won't do as I say? I guess you die now." But perhaps I am just spoiled by Seeds of Chaos. Now in that game the main character can do pretty much anything. You have a lot of choices for how you want things to go. Nevertheless despite all that, I wish the creator the best. The art truly is amazing and I look forward to their next game.

Oct 16, 2017
Played the game just now, although not nearly enough to comment on the entirety of the game, so don't judge the game solely on what I am about to write, as I am certain the entire game isn't as I am about to describe it.
My description is mostly in regards to the route where you allow Glasha to go to the Tavern with Markus (or whatever his name is) while you let Crow take the watch, then choosing to not take Carmen's deal, as well as choosing to take her deal (I chose the same route, then played both options in regards to the deal.)

First off, let's talk about the artwork.
Taking into consideration how few of the routes there are that you can choose to take that I played through, this will not be an "all in all" kind of thing.
From what little I did see of artwork included in the overall game, I can at the very least say that the artwork is varying from decent, to pretty good, if not enticing. And I can only guess from the little that I played that the artwork in each route will be mostly similar in quality to that of the route I played, meaning that there most likely will not be one "perfect" route in terms of artwork.

The dialogue is, to a person who isn't entirely too picky about it, ok, there isn't very much that I can comment on the dialogue, though I can point out that there weren't any grammatical errors, or at the very least none that were very obvious, and there weren't any typos that I can remember, except for the obvious accented "speech" of the various characters. So that is all good.

Lengthwise, the game is very short, albeit with plenty of replayability if you care for the prospect of playing through all routes, and seeing all dialogue texts.

The characters seem to have personalities and ways of "showing" themselves that fit well with their looks, and which fit well with their given roles in the merc group that they currently find themselves in.

This next point isn't entirely related to the game, as I am sure the developers aren't the ones behind it, although I would still like to comment about it.
The current Walkthrough offered in the OP isn't very good in terms of figuring things out, although it does do its job if you don't care if your walkthroughs are lengthy text-only walkthroughs.
The walkthrough could have been much better done, perhaps with pictures of each choice screen where there's included short text underneath about what each choice would open up for you in terms of future choices/scenes.
Although, having not played the entire game, I cannot say whether this would even be a method possible for a walkthrough of this type of game, where you may end up getting a specific end-scene through several different choices.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
So @Dusky Hallows is here with us... good, so I can tell you firsthand that I love the character of Crow you created: it's a really sweet character, and the visuals you created for her really reflects that, as perfectly shown by the art you're using as an avatar.
Thank you! I agree, Crow is adorable. We love her too :D

Anyone have a walkthrough for this final version?
I'll probably get around to whipping one up at some point soon.

Very well. Coffee first. Then fisticuffs!
I need coffee like a hobbit needs breakfast, so we might be waiting a while.

Played the game just now, although not nearly enough to comment on the entirety of the game, so don't judge the game solely on what I am about to write, as I am certain the entire game isn't as I am about to describe it.
My description is mostly in regards to the route where you allow Glasha to go to the Tavern with Markus (or whatever his name is) while you let Crow take the watch, then choosing to not take Carmen's deal, as well as choosing to take her deal (I chose the same route, then played both options in regards to the deal.)

First off, let's talk about the artwork.
Taking into consideration how few of the routes there are that you can choose to take that I played through, this will not be an "all in all" kind of thing.
From what little I did see of artwork included in the overall game, I can at the very least say that the artwork is varying from decent, to pretty good, if not enticing. And I can only guess from the little that I played that the artwork in each route will be mostly similar in quality to that of the route I played, meaning that there most likely will not be one "perfect" route in terms of artwork.

The dialogue is, to a person who isn't entirely too picky about it, ok, there isn't very much that I can comment on the dialogue, though I can point out that there weren't any grammatical errors, or at the very least none that were very obvious, and there weren't any typos that I can remember, except for the obvious accented "speech" of the various characters. So that is all good.

Lengthwise, the game is very short, albeit with plenty of replayability if you care for the prospect of playing through all routes, and seeing all dialogue texts.

The characters seem to have personalities and ways of "showing" themselves that fit well with their looks, and which fit well with their given roles in the merc group that they currently find themselves in.

This next point isn't entirely related to the game, as I am sure the developers aren't the ones behind it, although I would still like to comment about it.
The current Walkthrough offered in the OP isn't very good in terms of figuring things out, although it does do its job if you don't care if your walkthroughs are lengthy text-only walkthroughs.
The walkthrough could have been much better done, perhaps with pictures of each choice screen where there's included short text underneath about what each choice would open up for you in terms of future choices/scenes.
Although, having not played the entire game, I cannot say whether this would even be a method possible for a walkthrough of this type of game, where you may end up getting a specific end-scene through several different choices.
I actually am responsible for the walkthrough. I like your suggestions, and I'll probably incorporate them into the next version of the walkthrough I make. The current version is designed to be used with the in-game gallery, since before artwork is unlocked there is a short message giving a clue on how to unlock it. It doesn't cover everything though. You're right that it's difficult to make an absolute walkthrough because several paths join back together or have similar content, but split apart again at a later point. I'll have to think of an elegant solution.

SupaChill

Sep 11, 2018
Capture3.PNG
page 12

Capture4.PNG
page 13

These are the only 3 scenes I just can't find a way to unlock. The text walkthrough is too vague and hard to follow. Anyone can give me a detailed way to specifically unlock these 3 scenes?
Much appreciated.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
View attachment 284768
page 12

View attachment 284769
page 13

These are the only 3 scenes I just can't find a way to unlock. The text walkthrough is too vague and hard to follow. Anyone can give me a detailed way to specifically unlock these 3 scenes?
Much appreciated.
Looks like the animations aren't unlocking. Are you playing on Android? Animations are turned off by default on Android but should be replaced by still images. You can turn them back on in preferences but the game might crash depending on your device. I'm a little confused by this because in testing those gallery items have been replaced by still images... I'll have to look into this.

Reactions: HentaiBro47
4.20 star(s) 78 Votes