Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Awkward. I guess that's a bug, then?
Yeah I've just tested this and you're right. Won't have time tonight but I'll release a fix tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Somehow the version on Newgrounds doesn't have the bug so it's probably just a problem with how the gallery screen is organised.

Edit: Final gallery item in the latest builds is remaining locked despite the gallery code being identical to previous builds without the bug, including the Web build, so it's not how the gallery is displayed which is causing the issue. Most likely culprit now is the persistent variables I added to keep animated gallery items unlocked. Very confusing since I definitely had a full gallery unlock before publishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomaito

tomaito

Jul 9, 2017
That shit was one of the weirdest bugs I've ever tackled, but I've implemented a work around so if you redownload it should work now.
Now I'm having trouble getting the animations to stay unlocked. It's fine when I view them in-game, but as soon as I load a different save, they reset.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Now I'm having trouble getting the animations to stay unlocked. It's fine when I view them in-game, but as soon as I load a different save, they reset.
Yeah, I thought I had this bug fixed but its reared its head again. Not to worry, I've tweaked the gallery and it's definitely fixed now (the jury is out on whether some other bug will pop up) and I'm reuploading the builds to Itch right now. Should be done by the time you're reading this, so redownload and you'll be good to go!

how much content does it have right now?
3.1.0 (the current public build) has 149 gallery unlockables, dozens of CGs which don't show up in the gallery, over 90k words, four distinct ending routes, and something like 10 distinct variations, depending on how different an ending has to be before its distinct.

3.4.1 (our $1+ patron build) has all of that, and 10 extra gallery CGs (all of which are nsfw) and about 10,000 words. These are epilogue scenes, and aren't necessary or particularly relevant to the plot of the main game. They're more of a reward for our patrons.

3.6.0 (our $10+ patron build) is 3.4.1 but with two more epilogues, four more gallery CGs, and something like 5,000 words.

Can someone please drop a 100% walkthrough or save
Do you mean a walkthrough to get 100% of the content in one save, or a walkthrough to get 100% of the content unlocked in the gallery? Sanguine Rose has multiple branches and routes, but it's a linear game, so a '100%' save would just give you access to the full gallery, it wouldn't let you replay individual scenes unless they saved those too. I'm working on a proper walkthrough, but it's a little hard to map out graphically since the routes intersect so much.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I can throw you a persistent savefile in that case. Just throw it in your saves folder and it should unlock the full gallery. Apparently I can't attach it to F95 though so here's a mega link:
It's probably a file extension thing. It will probably work if you zip it.

joypinse

May 5, 2018
love this game !
cant seem to find the last two abort mission gallery items
what branch do i have to take?
thx for any help

p.s. by the way the version in OP seems to be not the latest there is a newer public version out (linked
on patreon) 3.1.0
it has more gallery items as well...
does anyone know how to get the new poison carmen stuff?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusky Hallows

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
love this game !
cant seem to find the last two abort mission gallery items
what branch do i have to take?
thx for any help

p.s. by the way the version in OP seems to be not the latest there is a newer public version out (linked
on patreon) 3.1.0
it has more gallery items as well...
does anyone know how to get the new poison carmen stuff?
Thanks! The last images from abandoning the mission are probably from the "Wholesome" route. That's the route where Carmen ties Crow up, and then Crow and Roman have sex in the attic afterwards. You want to abandon the mission afterwards and you get an ending where the gang all goes to Hythe.

You're right that the version listed here isn't the latest public version. 3.1.0 is the last public build we're making (at least for now). To get the poison Carmen end you want to have Carmen give you a blowjob to end the first day, then when Glasha wakes you up, say "You're right. Even if I watch myself, one of the others could break." at the end of the conversation. When Carmen makes her offer, agree to listen to her. At the end of the day Roman should pocket something called Red Velum, if he does this then at the start of the third day you can choose to finish the mission no matter what.

joypinse

May 5, 2018
thanks for you help!
i found the poisining end thanks to your guidance
unfortunately the last two pics in the gallery for abandon the mission arent for the make love
to crow and then abandon mission path
what other abandon mission scenarios are there? i remember at least getting one other one...

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
thanks for you help!
i found the poisining end thanks to your guidance
unfortunately the last two pics in the gallery for abandon the mission arent for the make love
to crow and then abandon mission path
what other abandon mission scenarios are there? i remember at least getting one other one...
If you send Crow out whoring and then abandon mission at the end she chooses to stay with Carmen with Markus. If you Lay Low during day 1 and then abandon mission at the end then Crow comes with you but Markus stays behind. There's some art variations based off of these so that could be it.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
So is the game completed?
More or less. 3.1.0 is the last public build we're planning to release, at least for now. We have epilogues available to our patrons currently, and I'd like to make a few more, but they're more of a reward for our supporters than part of the game. If we do release them outside of Patreon it'll probably be as a paid "extended" version of the game, with art packs and other goodies like that.

We're also not ruling out returning to Sanguine Rose at some point in the future and polishing it a little, or even adding new routes, but right now we're eager to work on something totally different so if we do that it'll be a long way away.

My personal favourite ending to write (y)

Reactions: Incognito Guy
4.20 star(s) 78 Votes