Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
It does seem like I got the worst one based on my choices but that is how it goes I suppose. Might play through it again sometime. With games like this I usually consider my first play through my actual experience but with this I think I want to try again.
Sanguine Rose is very much intended to be played multiple times. Without going into too much detail on the story's themes, it's pretty much a tale of deciding what Roman (and by extension you the player) value most. Your choices matter not just because they impact how events play out, but because there is no right set of choices that get you everything. You're pretty much always giving up something to get something else.

Twilight Noir

Apr 29, 2018
Where did you download it from?
What are you using to unpack the files?
What, EXACTLY, are you doing?
What, EXACTLY, is the error you're seeing?
My Bad, I wrote my first post not fully awake. I downloaded it from the first page, it was like a day or two ago and I just kept getting an unspecified error(0x80004005). I used windows extractor, should've just used 7zip first.

Reactions: HowlsMovingRascal

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
My Bad, I wrote my first post not fully awake. I downloaded it from the first page, it was like a day or two ago and I just kept getting an unspecified error(0x80004005). I used windows extractor, should've just used 7zip first.
So using 7zip instead of the builtin unzip worked for you?

Reactions: HowlsMovingRascal

nodice20

Jun 26, 2019
Sanguine Rose is very much intended to be played multiple times. Without going into too much detail on the story's themes, it's pretty much a tale of deciding what Roman (and by extension you the player) value most. Your choices matter not just because they impact how events play out, but because there is no right set of choices that get you everything. You're pretty much always giving up something to get something else.
Well I will certainly replay it then! Though considering what happened in my playthrough I need to clearly re-evalute what I value most.

Jayr204

Oct 31, 2019
I can throw you a persistent savefile in that case. Just throw it in your saves folder and it should unlock the full gallery. Apparently I can't attach it to F95 though so here's a mega link:
Is it possible for you to provide all the images from the gallery?

Campfire84

Jul 5, 2018
Dusky Hallows This is without a doubt one of the best NSFW games that I have played till date, great setting, history, characters (Carmen :love:), everything! What caught my heart the most was the art of this game, It is simply AWESOME, GORGEUS, I always find myself returning to the game just to admire the art.

I wish you guys all the success in the world, Hope we can see much more of your great work in the future

• Angry
Reactions: Gerfenikss

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I am in the same boat of getting the failure to extract the exe file errors reported upthread. I've downloaded from all the links on the OP, none of them extract. (7ZIP)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I am in the same boat of getting the failure to extract the exe file errors reported upthread. I've downloaded from all the links on the OP, none of them extract. (7ZIP)
Have you updated your 7zip?
Maybe just use the system zip tool?

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I downloaded from another site and it worked fine.

The art style of this game is kinda cool, I like it.

dragoon747

Nov 11, 2017
A question :
Were is the femdom tag?
I mean, the MC is basically far weaker than Carmen and there is no way you can "win" against her. She's an invincible dominatrix, always smarter than the MC from start to finish.

Please, add the femdom tag.

Also, fantastic art!
I would have loved to see one or two artworks for the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: pika2018 and Sole

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Having this exact same problem. Did you come up with a solution?

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
A question :
Were is the femdom tag?
I mean, the MC is basically far weaker than Carmen and there is no way you can "win" against her. She's an invincible dominatrix, always smarter than the MC from start to finish.

Please, add the femdom tag.

Also, fantastic art!
I would have loved to see one or two artworks for the
Have you played each different path? Suffice it to say there is both male and female domination, as well as neither in some paths.

dragoon747

Nov 11, 2017
Carmen can go away whenever she wants. You never "dominate" her. It's all a game for her, she's the cat and you're the mouse.
Your three options are :
The femdom tag is needed. It's a femdom game (nothing wrong with that but I wish I knew before playing). Now, I see there's a "female domination" tag, but I'm talking about a femdom tag in the description, in the "Genre" section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Carmen can go away whenever she wants. You never "dominate" her. It's all a game for her, she's the cat and you're the mouse.
Your three options are :
The femdom tag is needed. It's a femdom game (nothing wrong with that but I wish I knew before playing). Now, I see there's a "female domination" tag, but I'm talking about a femdom tag in the description, in the "Genre" section.
If you feel the tags are incorrect, the correct way to get them changed is to report the OP and explain what needs to be changed, and why.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes