thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Finally after so many years this game finally got it latest update, now can't wait to download it again to check out the new storyline and new sex event

Cricco

May 5, 2021
After seeing most of the endings, i struggle to understand how Roman and his band of baboons even managed to capture Mary. Great art, no doubt about that, but the writing kind of bogged down the experience for me. Wasn't bad, but as the game went on it just started to feel like Sue was the only one allowed to not be dumb, hence her amazingness.

All in all, wish the POV character was smarter and had more agency, i think it would have made Carmen more of a character and less of a caricature while also providing a more fun dynamic, but oh well.

Last edited:

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
Since forever I'm missing 4 pictures in the gallery (3 on page 11 and 1 on page 12) called "Send Crow to the Tavern" aswell as 1 ending, 3rd from below (between Roman submissive and Offer refused).
Even while using the, by now, probably outdated guide written by Dusky Hallows no progress on my side...

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
This game had good art, but ruined by shit tier writing, where the kidnapped "general" is the absolute incarnation of a Mary sue. She subdues an entire mercenary company, kills them all, or turns them against each other, despite being locked in a basement. This is the equivalent of making a character in DnD with 10 strength, 10 constitution, 10 Dexterity, 10 Intellect, 10 wisdom aka cheating. You even reach a stage where the members of the company are afraid to enter her cell. lol. You have to wonder non of the mercenaries had the bright idea of gagging her or ruining her smirk tier smile by shattering her teeth with a clenched fist, making it impossibly painful to open her mouth.

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
This game had good art, but ruined by shit tier writing, where the kidnapped "general" is the absolute incarnation of a Mary Sue. She subdues an entire mercenary company, kills them all, or turns them against each other, despite being locked in a basement. This is the equivalent of making a character in DnD with 10 strength, 10 constitution, 10 Dexterity, 10 Intellect, 10 wisdom aka cheating. You even reach a stage where the members of the company are afraid to enter her cell. lol. You have to wonder non of the mercenaries had the bright idea of gagging her or ruining her smirk tier smile by shattering her teeth with a clenched fist, making it impossibly painful to open her mouth.
The writing is good, it's the plot that's lacking. The characterization of the main character/antagonist could bore a sheep.
I strongly agree with the whole MarySue thing. Those were my thoughts exactly as I was playing the game: " When do I get to gut this uninteresting, insufferable MarySue-ish b*tch like a fish and move on with the rest of the characters?"
Alas, it wasn't meant to be, because the creator/s are too much in love with their "stronkwomyn" discount femme-fatale to address the issue of having everything revolving around an annoying primadonna you can't even bear to love-to-hate. She's oh-so-absolutely-evil, such an intelligent, corruptive influence, a sexual-maelstrom of pure... No, boy. She's a mere nuissance.

Faithless_Lehane

Jan 8, 2018
This is the equivalent of making a character in DnD with 10 strength, 10 constitution, 10 Dexterity, 10 Intellect, 10 wisdom aka cheating.
A ten in everything is perfectly average, aka a commoners statblock which I find oddly fitting as it describes the situation perfectly: Carmen is completely average and every single one of the mercenary company are naïve, gullible and stone cold stupid.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I really like the art in this game but after checking the last few pages I don't think that I would like the game when it comes to story and writing.

Reactions: 88dBJ2vR62SW

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
The game's certainly not for everyone but a lot of the criticisms above are covered within the story, or can be explained by looking at historical precedent. Roman and his band of mercenaries were instructed by their employer not to harm Carmen, and that severely limits their options in dealing with her. They don't want to beat their prisoner within an inch of her life, they want to get paid, and they have the wrong team to hold someone as dangerous as Carmen for a long period of time so they have to make risky decisions. The game isn't a power fantasy about abusing your prisoner, it's a claustrophobic thriller about what to do when a job goes south. The latter appeals to a lot of people, but if you want the former then this isn't really the game for that (some of the endings excluded) and that's fine.

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
The game's certainly not for everyone but a lot of the criticisms above are covered within the story, or can be explained by looking at historical precedent. Roman and his band of mercenaries were instructed by their employer not to harm Carmen, and that severely limits their options in dealing with her. They don't want to beat their prisoner within an inch of her life, they want to get paid, and they have the wrong team to hold someone as dangerous as Carmen for a long period of time so they have to make risky decisions. The game isn't a power fantasy about abusing your prisoner, it's a claustrophobic thriller about what to do when a job goes south. The latter appeals to a lot of people, but if you want the former then this isn't really the game for that (some of the endings excluded) and that's fine.
Please, someone bring this oscar a person. :KEK:

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
I haven't played the game, so are you saying the mercenaries are so inept that they can't keep this Carmen, tied up and gagged, which would mean less issues with her?

Reactions: 224488

Cricco

May 5, 2021
I mean, if we go by historical precedent i'm sure there are many nasty things human being can do and have done to eachother that don't result in permanent and evident damage. Starving, for example. Or just plain sensory deprivation.

But really, if we're being candid that "no harm" clause only exists to make things narratively easier for Carmen. I mean, let's put aside that she's a slip of a woman with not an ounce of muscle in her body, her father's clearly John Wick and her mother's a Siren. Who in their right mind would not understand it's probably not feasible to capture and deliver such a monster of doom without leaving a scratch on them. It's preposterous at best, and the very first sign pointing at our heroes' lack of brains.

Which, i guess, leads me to my main gripe with this game, that I was forced to be dumb. Maybe had it been written in third person, or had the supporting and main characters been a whole less foolish/gullible, perhaps i and others wouldn't have found the experience nearly as frustrating. But like i already said, oh well.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I haven't played the game, so are you saying the mercenaries are so inept that they can't keep this Carmen, tied up and gagged, which would mean less issues with her?
Less that they can't, more that it wouldn't really solve all their problems. Whether or not Carmen is bound doesn't majorly effect the game. It would make sex scenes more difficult, but in every ending where she escapes its because she convinced one of the mercs to help her. She gets away with plenty because she's not restrained, but ultimately she either does or doesn't escape because of outside help. It's not even like her escape is a bad thing for the player anyway, given that she is genuine in her offer to give Roman a place in her army and a whole ass harem in return for her freedom, which is more than can be said for Roman's original employer.

I mean, if we go by historical precedent i'm sure there are many nasty things human being can do and have done to eachother that don't result in permanent and evident damage. Starving, for example. Or just plain sensory deprivation.

But really, if we're being candid that "no harm" clause only exists to make things narratively easier for Carmen. I mean, let's put aside that she's a slip of a woman with not an ounce of muscle in her body, her father's clearly John Wick and her mother's a Siren. Who in their right mind would not understand it's probably not feasible to capture and deliver such a monster of doom without leaving a scratch on them. It's preposterous at best, and the very first sign pointing at our heroes' lack of brains.

Which, i guess, leads me to my main gripe with this game, that I was forced to be dumb. Maybe had it been written in third person, or had the supporting and main characters been a whole less foolish/gullible, perhaps i and others wouldn't have found the experience nearly as frustrating. But like i already said, oh well.
By historical precedent I meant ransoming nobles. Generally speaking, you avoided harming them or giving them reason to come after you once they were free.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I mostly agree. It's frankly maddening that anyone would expect Carmen to be delivered unharmed by four undersupplied and inexperienced mercs, which is addressed in game and is why your employer never shows up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll admit though, in hindsight a third person mode might've been worth including, since Roman has too much of a backstory to exist as a player insert for some people.

Would there ever be a gallery mod?
There's an art gallery and a scene gallery built-in if that's what you mean.

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
Less that they can't, more that it wouldn't really solve all their problems. Whether or not Carmen is bound doesn't majorly effect the game. It would make sex scenes more difficult, but in every ending where she escapes its because she convinced one of the mercs to help her. She gets away with plenty because she's not restrained, but ultimately she either does or doesn't escape because of outside help. It's not even like her escape is a bad thing for the player anyway, given that she is genuine in her offer to give Roman a place in her army and a whole ass harem in return for her freedom, which is more than can be said for Roman's original employer.

By historical precedent I meant ransoming nobles. Generally speaking, you avoided harming them or giving them reason to come after you once they were free.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I mostly agree. It's frankly maddening that anyone would expect Carmen to be delivered unharmed by four undersupplied and inexperienced mercs, which is addressed in game and is why your employer never shows up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll admit though, in hindsight a third person mode might've been worth including, since Roman has too much of a backstory to exist as a player insert for some people.

There's an art gallery and a scene gallery built-in if that's what you mean.
I’m talking about a mod that unlocks the gallery.

4.20 star(s) 78 Votes