Foreigner10

Oct 10, 2018
Considering that she's mad as fuck as well as the ruler... And that she's a noble who's education was superior in comparison to MC plus the knowledge of past experiences then, it's more than difficultt to surpass her by those conditions. What bothers me is the lack of content for Glasha.
Having a noble education doesn't mean being smarter, she could have all levels of education in strategy and etc... but smartness is something innate, and it can be honed with experience, a kind of experience easier to be acquired on the streets than in the middle of the nobility. Besides in the end where he drugged her, he could have just killed her and abandoned her body in the snow, knowing she's dangerous that would be a good option, to kill her and abandon her body in that house they were in, and set fire to the house so there were no clues or evidence, there were several options for Roman's group to win, another good story option was to keep her chained in the house, and ambush her soldiers in the snow and forest.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Having a noble education doesn't mean being smarter, she could have all levels of education in strategy and etc... but smartness is something innate, and it can be honed with experience, a kind of experience easier to be acquired on the streets than in the middle of the nobility. Besides in the end where he drugged her, he could have just killed her and abandoned her body in the snow, knowing she's dangerous that would be a good option, to kill her and abandon her body in that house they were in, and set fire to the house so there were no clues or evidence, there were several options for Roman's group to win, another good story option was to keep her chained in the house, and ambush her soldiers in the snow and forest.
Roman and his gang don't benefit from killing Carmen, so that's not a win. They're trying to get paid. As for the soldiers in the forest, they don't know where those soldiers are going to be. Also a scout party going missing would be a huge red flag to send even more soldiers. The gang don't want to take that risk.

purplebeaver

Oct 5, 2020
Man this game is phenomenal, loved the story and characters, really got me when Carmon kills Glasha in the ending I got. Not many femdom games--especially the gentle kind, but maybe that was my ending--I've come across here, so big thumbs up for pulling that off. After reading some of these comments, I'll have to try get the other ending as it seems Carmen gets the upper hand in most -- and I am all for it.

Really looking forward to any other project the devs might be working on.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
There are many people who are smarter out there but without knowledge is like a blunt knife that can harm if it used correctly but not very useful and risky in practical situations, that's Roman. Carmen isn't the most smarter "general" but her education makes her in the previous analogy like swiss knife, it can be a good weapon and can be practical in other situations. If education wasn't a factor to be taken to get a better condition or social status then nobody would want to study. Just consider that during Low Medieval Era when the printing press in Europe menace to low the prices of books and many other sorting things of the same type making accessible to many the education, the nobility in benefit of the guilds and for themselves of course, they invented the first form of IP that mess up and delay for centuries the education of the masses which in the opposite way, could (in theory) set forward the industrial revolution saving lives and getting out people of poverty as many as possible. So yes, never ever underestimate a good education.

If Roman wanted to surpass her, he could never trust in the first place with his contractor, taking her within the forest until past into another rival country to sell her as slave or claiming whatever the officials of the other country could offer for her to them get paid and Carmen would be problem of somebody else. In those examples are a variety of risks of course, but if they just can't even tie up her good nor think for other options than to still retain Carmen just to get paid by the contratist then they are not a group of mercenaries that take much risks, they just want to get paid. A mercenary would never wait if the contact don't show up as agreed, they would find another solution, like a rescue or selling her.

Foreigner10

Oct 10, 2018
Roman and his gang don't benefit from killing Carmen, so that's not a win. They're trying to get paid. As for the soldiers in the forest, they don't know where those soldiers are going to be. Also a scout party going missing would be a huge red flag to send even more soldiers. The gang don't want to take that risk.

What you said applies until the moment he realizes she was trying to manipulate him into making a deal, otherwise she would play the group against him, at that moment getting paid is no longer the main concern and immediate survival becomes primary , I in Roman's place, in a real situation, would have killed Carmen and Markus, and left with the two Orcs looking for another job, that job visibly involved bigger things than Roman's group could chew, and visibly the Roman didn't like the conduct of this queen and Carmen in the war. At the beginning of the game in some of the dialogues with Glasha, he expresses some feeling of contempt for the queen and for Carmen.

Reactions: RareFishSticks

ClickerQueen

May 6, 2019
Am I mis-remembering? I thought this game already got a full release where you go into the cellar with the princess, and there was a sequel being worked on. Is this an expansion of the original game? I love all the characters in this and am patiently waiting to see more, for sure.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
What you said applies until the moment he realizes she was trying to manipulate him into making a deal, otherwise she would play the group against him, at that moment getting paid is no longer the main concern and immediate survival becomes primary , I in Roman's place, in a real situation, would have killed Carmen and Markus, and left with the two Orcs looking for another job, that job visibly involved bigger things than Roman's group could chew, and visibly the Roman didn't like the conduct of this queen and Carmen in the war. At the beginning of the game in some of the dialogues with Glasha, he expresses some feeling of contempt for the queen and for Carmen.
This is why Glasha immediately wants to either kill the prisoner or walk. The trouble is that both Roman & Markus were offered things which weren't money and aren't going to be on offer anywhere else. Staying was risky, but characters are aloud to be flawed and stay in dangerous situations to get things they think they need. Carmen is equally irrational in getting kidnapped in the first place. Her hubris led to her being insufficiently protected, allowing Glasha and Roman to subdue her in the first place. Characters who always act perfectly would have no room for growth. Roman's growth is either realising he cares more about Glasha, Crow and Markus than he does about personal station and power, or realising that his loyalties to Hirane are misplaced, and that he'll have more success in life switching sides, even if it means leaving his old life behind.

Killing Carmen and Markus at the start of the game wouldn't be particularly smart. Markus at that point hasn't been turned, and you still don't know anything about your employer. It's covered in flashbacks that the employer sought each of them out based on reputation and spies he had throughout the land. He told them not to harm her. Roman and Co don't know how he'll respond if they kill Carmen.

Am I mis-remembering? I thought this game already got a full release where you go into the cellar with the princess, and there was a sequel being worked on. Is this an expansion of the original game? I love all the characters in this and am patiently waiting to see more, for sure.
Sanguine Rose was fully released last year, but last month we released three new standalone scenes called "The Lost Chapters", so it's sort of an expansion. It's more like bonus content though.

Aug 24, 2018
I came here to congratulate DuskyHallows on this wonderful game and to say that Crow is too precious and must be protected, therefore only the ending where she lives happily ever after with Roman is cannon. Thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: Dusky Hallows

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
so ive play this game did the wholesome ending and the one where u are promised lordship, while i like the wholesome ending i am disappointed we couldnt seduce carmen and have somekind of wholesome ending with her and crow, or just one with her like have her give up the army shit. i know its not in her character the way you wrote her but i still wish it would have happened. like you turn her into a goodish person somehow

Reactions: Dusky Hallows

ReefKoras

Nov 12, 2020
Can anyone help me i am not sure what i am missing for scenes pe1.png

I followed a 100% guide but i'm missing some scenes

ReefKoras

Nov 12, 2020
Day Two:
Shibari Crow (watching carmen tie up crow)
Ending:
Release Crow Whoring
Thanks man and this is a really hot game Dusky

Edit: I went through 100% afew times and i didn't unlock those 3 stuff still. Shibari crow, release whoring crow and day 2 scene. The gems remain yellow throughout. I can't tell if it's because i skip all text or i put in persistence file to see all gallery pics. I can see all the lost chapters tho.

Last edited:

lexdoll

May 18, 2019
What a gem this game is!! I haven't explored all paths yet but man, I am hooked! :p

Whoever designed Carmen Valentine deserves a big fucking medal,(y) I am not just talking about the artwork, which is nothing short of amazing on its own, but also her expressions, mannerism, she could turn from an exquisite whimsical sex goddess:love: to a terrifying she-devil:eek: in the blink of an eye, quite literally. Her charms are simply irresistible, I am amazed Roman and his little crew could hold out for so long. Definitely one of the most memorable characters I have seen in an adult VN.(y)

I really do hope this won't the last time we see her, any slight chance we might see her in a sequel? :love:

Last edited:

xXWolfZz

May 26, 2020
Just completed this game. This was a pretty high quality VN. As many have mentioned before the art was exceptionally hot. Characters in the game were well written especially carmen. Sad there was no scenes with Glasha and Roman. I felt the story could of been expanded upon much more (stuff with Crow being from a bastard from a noble house/Why Glasha is very loyal to Roman/Markus quest on protecting the whores/We didn't get to meet the Original employer as well which I was hoping was a route if we try to betray Carmen. Also in the lost chapters there was a male prostitute sad we couldn't fuck him oh well. Overall a great game tho.

aesc72

Jun 13, 2020
Carmen's really well written, I feel like a core part of that is because she's borderline untouchable, but not completely untouchable, which is a pretty subtle difference. She's got a nearly unfair edge over the party due to her persuasive skills and sharp reasoning, and will exploit it to create a complete opening for herself, but she can't beat every option that the MC has.

One thing I'm curious about, as a pure hypothetical: would it ever be possible to gain leverage over someone like Carmen, to the extent that even she would have to admit she has no counterplay? I feel like she's the type of person who forces herself to find options to come out on top of any situation (irrespective of how much intelligence is necessary to make it work).

4.20 star(s) 78 Votes