Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Hi Dusky, good to see you. Still hoping to play your next project soon!
Thanks! We're hoping to have an update relatively soon!

Im sorry, but I've played through pretty much every path in this game, and if your goal was to show that she would do anything to be with roman, thats just not how it comes off to me.

She actively works against you in most cases and rather than a desperate girl for roman, it feels more like "Im loyal to you both but at the end of the day im more loyal to carmen" she acts more like a very willing dedicated slave to carmen than someone who might see carmen as a friend and mentor but whose ultimate goal is roman. Sure, she may not want roman to die, but then again neither does she want any of them to.

She also comes off more stupid than naive if thats her true goal. If you really want to be with roman why would you get rid of his best chance at survival under any circumstances? Why help the person he actively wants to get rid of and put him at her mercy after she already knows he wants to be rid of her?

Again, this comes off as either her being braindead stupid or having more loyalty to Carmen than roman. Hell, even when the cat is out of the bag, and everything is out in the open and they had sex, who does she seemingly want to get with more? Carmen. Hell, she actively sees herself as carmens pet and lets carmen dictate how she gets with him. Letting herself be leased as a "gift" to roman. Which shows she is very much still owned by Carmen. Why let Carmen have ownership of you and let yourself be merely leased to roman as a bit of fun to sweeten a deal if what you truly want is to be owned by him and you now know he wants you? It just gives off the impression that while she wants both, if push comes to shove, she's carmens. Hell, given her strong desire to be with roman as you state, why did she so quickly give her virginity to carmen, a woman who at that point she had talked to for less than a day. Wouldnt she want to save that for the person she actually wants to be with and at least hold off carmens advances for even a tiny bit? Even given her desires?

Honestly, seeing all I did of crow, it simply soured both the wholesome scene and wholesome ending for me.

I like this game, I just wish there was a stab Crow in the stomach and hook up with ash ending. I hated that wishy-washy bitch that much by the end of it. Hell, I liked markus much more because at least him working against you to the degree he can makes sense.

In the end, going by your statement she had ample opportunity to get rid of carmen as a middle man, and dedicate herself to roman directly, but she doesnt instead letting carmen dictate what and when she does things to roman. all except in the wholesome ending. That just doesnt make sense unless she feels more attached to carmen.

The reason im so passionate about this is because i genuinely like this game so don't my response as vitriol, please. I just cant bring myself to like or even understand crow because her goal you state here and her actions are very much in obvious opposition for each other. Even for a desperate sheltered girl. It just makes her look dumb, not naive.

The sad thing is that I actually desperately wanted to like crow, I actively tried to find ways to like her because otherwise, shes my type of girl, but i just couldnt.
Oh I think it's very valid to dislike Crow. She's lived most of her life with other people restricting and making choices for her, and now she's trying to break with basically every rule she's ever been taught, while also lacking any sense of discipline, or autonomy. She doesn't know how to initiate any of the things she wants to do. She's broken with her upbringing, but she still kind of wants someone else to handle making decisions for her. She's never really developed much self-control either, so she frequently goes all-in on situations even when she didn't initially plan to. Carmen waltzes in and says she'll give Crow everything she wants if she does as she says, and Crow can't help but see if she's right. Most importantly, in many (probably most) playthroughs, Carmen is correct. Carmen brings Crow together with Roman in most playthroughs, to some extent.

Even once Crow could pivot her relationship with Roman away from Carmen, she's happy to stick with what's presently working. You, as Roman, have to be the one to untangle that knot. Crow simply lacks the social intelligence and insight to detach herself from someone like Carmen. There's hints in some of the endings that Crow is starting to grow (her getting Markus to open up is instrumental to the "Wholesome" ending) and my word of god, if that counts for anything, is that Crow does become more independent if she doesn't go with Carmen. However, yes, while she still has the above character flaws she would be an incredibly frustrating person to know in real life. The fantasy and narrative of the game hide that somewhat, but in my personal experiences people who are sheltered and then let loose on the world tend to be a bit fucking messy and accidentally destructive until they learn some self-control.

Jul 5, 2017
Thanks! We're hoping to have an update relatively soon!

Oh I think it's very valid to dislike Crow. She's lived most of her life with other people restricting and making choices for her, and now she's trying to break with basically every rule she's ever been taught, while also lacking any sense of discipline, or autonomy. She doesn't know how to initiate any of the things she wants to do. She's broken with her upbringing, but she still kind of wants someone else to handle making decisions for her. She's never really developed much self-control either, so she frequently goes all-in on situations even when she didn't initially plan to. Carmen waltzes in and says she'll give Crow everything she wants if she does as she says, and Crow can't help but see if she's right. Most importantly, in many (probably most) playthroughs, Carmen is correct. Carmen brings Crow together with Roman in most playthroughs, to some extent.

Even once Crow could pivot her relationship with Roman away from Carmen, she's happy to stick with what's presently working. You, as Roman, have to be the one to untangle that knot. Crow simply lacks the social intelligence and insight to detach herself from someone like Carmen. There's hints in some of the endings that Crow is starting to grow (her getting Markus to open up is instrumental to the "Wholesome" ending) and my word of god, if that counts for anything, is that Crow does become more independent if she doesn't go with Carmen. However, yes, while she still has the above character flaws she would be an incredibly frustrating person to know in real life. The fantasy and narrative of the game hide that somewhat, but in my personal experiences people who are sheltered and then let loose on the world tend to be a bit fucking messy and accidentally destructive until they learn some self-control.
My problem is that if she really does have roman as her main goal, why does she cling so hard to Carmen? When Carmen's promises clearly arent working, and when carmen and roman are at very clear odds with each other, why does she side with carmen rather than her stated main person, Roman in most cases? Why continue to try and convince roman to side with carmen to the bitter end? To give him what he wants? Even when he clearly doesnt want it from her? Even when they are clearly at each other's throats? That just doesnt makes sense. She knows roman likes her at that point, and she knows roman is against carmen. Even that carmen is against roman. And she still sides with carmen. Even naive people who think there can be a bright and sunny conclusion to everything know that its probably not the best idea to side against the one you care about most if nothing more than to not want them to hate you at least for a time. Thats why there is a difference between naivety and stupidity.

As for your point about crow wanting the choices made for her, once its clear that they both like each other its not a huge leap to say, "I'm yours roman." because at that point roman would make the choices for her. Hell, he *tries* to make choices for her and she outright rejects them in favor of Carmen. Thats my biggest point of contention. It would be just as easy to submit to roman as carmen once their desires are open but she still sides with carmen. That strikes me as being more loyal to carmen than to Roman.

And even if we were to say that somehow there was some twisted logic in sticking with Carmen even when its clear they both like each other and roman doesnt like carmen, why doesnt Roman himself even attempt to take Crow's reins from carmen? He clearly thinks that Carmen is doing nothing but manipulating her and even says something similar to crow directly IIRC. So why doesnt he take crow aside and take control romantically and sexually? Instead, he beats around the bush at best, and even in the wholesome scene and ending, he still lets Carmen dig her claws into crow further until the very end. that doesnt make sense for roman's intentions either.

Honestly, i think if there was a point where roman tried to convince crow early on rather than saying, "Hey, she dangerous" and take her reins so that it is a branch where its Roman, Ash, and crow against markus and carmen. or where she plays liason for you in convincing markus that carmen was no good, but that never happens really. Even in the wholesome ending that doesnt happen until the very end. If that.

I guess my biggest reason none of this makes any sense to me is that there is no path where crow is on your side of the isle even just partway through, even though you are her main love interest. She always acts as carmen's liason and never the other way around until she no longer can even when Carmen and roman are at direct odds with eachother and she knows roman wants her. Thats why she strikes me as more loyal to carmen than roman until you literally twist her hand. And even when you do get her to go with you, it seems incidental like she just couldnt figure out a way to be with carmen in all but the wholesome ending. She never goes "Ok roman, im with you on this," for any of his decisions until the end but she does that for carmen which just is kinda makes no real sense if she wants roman most of all. Why disregard your crush in favor of a woman you have known for less than a day, given she only really interacts with carmen for a few hours at a time when she watches her?

If there was even one path where she goes "Ok, I trust you Roman" after they have sex and she now knows that he wants her, that would go a long in convincing me that she isnt just more loyal to carmen. But she doesnt until the very end and when that happens it feels pretty sudden to the point where im left scratching my head as to why she suddenly is listening to Roman given she literally doesnt throughout the rest of the path.

Maybe if there was a bit more build up in the endings where she does go with roman so that it flows more into her deciding to stop trying to aid carmen that would also be a bit more convincing? Again, it just feels sudden when she does and even in the endings where she does go with roman, I cant help but second guess if she really with roman or did roman just luck out in twisting her arm enough? What if another flirtatious confident person came along? It just feels like its all flimsy between her and roman.

Honestly, i think if there was an ending where you told crow that honestly, you dont like her because she's too far in bed with carmen, and that she is more of a danger to you than anything. That you wanted to be with her but her actions have shown she's untrustworthy. Then leave without her. Let her sink in despair that its her actions that drove a wedge between them. That she may have carmen but she lost the man she wants as a result would be fun. make her choosing to help carmen feel hollow. The one reason she did it and its gone. make her regret it but have to live with it knowing the man she loves despises her.

Last edited:

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
My problem is that if she really does have roman as her main goal, why does she cling so hard to Carmen? When Carmen's promises clearly arent working, and when carmen and roman are at very clear odds with each other, why does she side with carmen rather than her stated main person, Roman in most cases? Why continue to try and convince roman to side with carmen to the bitter end? To give him what he wants? Even when he clearly doesnt want it from her? Even when they are clearly at each other's throats? That just doesnt makes sense. She knows roman likes her at that point, and she knows roman is against carmen. Even that carmen is against roman. And she still sides with carmen. Even naive people who think there can be a bright and sunny conclusion to everything know that its probably not the best idea to side against the one you care about most if nothing more than to not want them to hate you at least for a time. Thats why there is a difference between naivety and stupidity.

As for your point about crow wanting the choices made for her, once its clear that they both like each other its not a huge leap to say, "I'm yours roman." because at that point roman would make the choices for her. Hell, he *tries* to make choices for her and she outright rejects them in favor of Carmen. Thats my biggest point of contention. It would be just as easy to submit to roman as carmen once their desires are open but she still sides with carmen. That strikes me as being more loyal to carmen than to Roman.

And even if we were to say that somehow there was some twisted logic in sticking with Carmen even when its clear they both like each other and roman doesnt like carmen, why doesnt Roman himself even attempt to take Crow's reins from carmen? He clearly thinks that Carmen is doing nothing but manipulating her and even says something similar to crow directly IIRC. So why doesnt he take crow aside and take control romantically and sexually? Instead, he beats around the bush at best, and even in the wholesome scene and ending, he still lets Carmen dig her claws into crow further until the very end. that doesnt make sense for roman's intentions either.

Honestly, i think if there was a point where roman tried to convince crow early on rather than saying, "Hey, she dangerous" and take her reins so that it is a branch where its Roman, Ash, and crow against markus and carmen. or where she plays liason for you in convincing markus that carmen was no good, but that never happens really. Even in the wholesome ending that doesnt happen until the very end. If that.

I guess my biggest reason none of this makes any sense to me is that there is no path where crow is on your side of the isle even just partway through, even though you are her main love interest. She always acts as carmen's liason and never the other way around until she no longer can even when Carmen and roman are at direct odds with eachother and she knows roman wants her. Thats why she strikes me as more loyal to carmen than roman until you literally twist her hand. And even when you do get her to go with you, it seems incidental like she just couldnt figure out a way to be with carmen in all but the wholesome ending. She never goes "Ok roman, im with you on this," for any of his decisions until the end but she does that for carmen which just is kinda makes no real sense if she wants roman most of all. Why disregard your crush in favor of a woman you have known for less than a day, given she only really interacts with carmen for a few hours at a time when she watches her?

If there was even one path where she goes "Ok, I trust you Roman" after they have sex and she now knows that he wants her, that would go a long in convincing me that she isnt just more loyal to carmen. But she doesnt until the very end and when that happens it feels pretty sudden to the point where im left scratching my head as to why she suddenly is listening to Roman given she literally doesnt throughout the rest of the path.

Maybe if there was a bit more build up in the endings where she does go with roman so that it flows more into her deciding to stop trying to aid carmen that would also be a bit more convincing? Again, it just feels sudden when she does and even in the endings where she does go with roman, I cant help but second guess if she really with roman or did roman just luck out in twisting her arm enough? What if another flirtatious confident person came along? It just feels like its all flimsy between her and roman.

Honestly, i think if there was an ending where you told crow that honestly, you dont like her because she's too far in bed with carmen, and that she is more of a danger to you than anything. That you wanted to be with her but her actions have shown she's untrustworthy. Then leave without her. Let her sink in despair that its her actions that drove a wedge between them. That she may have carmen but she lost the man she wants as a result would be fun. make her choosing to help carmen feel hollow. The one reason she did it and its gone. make her regret it but have to live with it knowing the man she loves despises her.
I don't know what to say really. Carmen seeds the idea to Crow early on that when her soldiers find the gang, they'll slaughter them all. Even when Crow outright betrays Roman, she's doing it because she believes that Carmen will spare them. Roman's choices during that route make sense internally, but from the outside it looks like he's spiralling into a personal vendetta with Carmen. Even Glasha thinks that Roman's plan to try and carry Carmen North is bound to fail, and she says outright that she won't stop Hiranian soldiers from killing Carmen if that's what it comes to.

Roman's failing in a lot of the routes where he gets betrayed is not realising what his fellow mercenaries want quickly enough, and not realising his own limitations and shortcomings. At the end of the day, the gang is in a nigh unwinnable situation, and they each make desperate decisions to try and preserve the outcomes that they each individually want. Some of these decisions are very subtle and some are bold, but ultimately nobody is completely loyal to Roman. Not even Glasha.

When Roman talks sense, though, the others are more likely to be receptive. That's what makes the difference between Crow choosing to trust you, and Crow siding with Carmen.

Jul 5, 2017
I don't know what to say really. Carmen seeds the idea to Crow early on that when her soldiers find the gang, they'll slaughter them all. Even when Crow outright betrays Roman, she's doing it because she believes that Carmen will spare them.
Yea and I dont see why, at least not enough to continually side with her over roman in nearly every path. Carmen doesnt really show she's trustworthy beyond lets fuck. All she can do is make promises. While Roman has proven his trustworthiness by successfully leading the mission through to that point by successfully getting them through enemy territory and infiltrating the boat both of which are life or death situations if they got caught. Which I forget how long it took, but i believe it was implied to be at least longer than they've known Carmen. I get why in some paths she absolutely sides with carmen because Roman does get hysterical.

I'm just left wondering why we dont get at least one path where Crow trusts him about and over carmen part way through despite the fact that: He has shown he's reliable, she knows he and ash have experience she lacks, she wants him desperately, she knows Roman shares her feelings (at the very least sexually), and she's known Roman longer than Carmen.

I guess what it comes down to is I just dont see what makes Carmen more trustworthy than Roman to crow in most paths to the point that she sticks to carmens wishes like glue instead of romans. Roman has at least shown he's as trustworthy as Carmen is.

Some of these decisions are very subtle and some are bold, but ultimately nobody is completely loyal to Roman. Not even Glasha... When Roman talks sense, though, the others are more likely to be receptive.
Oh no, I totally get that. As I stated before I get why Crow does side with Carmen completely in some of the paths, and its why I have no issues with Markus siding with carmen in pretty much every path. Because him doing so makes so much sense.

I guess to boil every problem I have with crow down: I get why she sides with Carmen in certain paths. I just dont see why she sides with Carmen to the extent she does in every path unless she somehow sees Carmen as MORE trustworthy than Roman and thus is more loyal to Carmen. Because in a few paths, Roman talks sense the entire time.

And I think this also explains my contention with the endings in which she does go with Roman, because she's so pro-carmen to the very end it feels weird how she does a literal 180 heel-turn to agreeing with roman as quickly as she does over the span of one conversation. It feels... stilted. artificial.

Again, I want to state that I love this VN, and i'm thankful that you made this. I love most of the characters. I love Roman's character and how his motivations can lead him down different paths. I love Ash and how she's immune to Carmen because Carmen is too used to the intricate schemes of her realm while ash wears her heart on her sleeve. I love Markus with his heart of gold under all that backstabbing. I even love Carmen. Though more in a love to hate her kind of way as all good antagonists should be. Her scheming and the way she gets under their skin is perfect. So please dont see this as me being hateful or thinking you guys can't write (because I believe the exact opposite, I believe all in all this was an amazingly written VN) but rather as a passionate fan speaking his mind because he likes the game that much. I hope you have continued success!

Last edited:

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Yea and I dont see why, at least not enough to continually side with her over roman in nearly every path. Carmen doesnt really show she's trustworthy beyond lets fuck. All she can do is make promises. While Roman has proven his trustworthiness by successfully leading the mission through to that point by successfully getting them through enemy territory and infiltrating the boat both of which are life or death situations if they got caught. Which I forget how long it took, but i believe it was implied to be at least longer than they've known Carmen. I get why in some paths she absolutely sides with carmen because Roman does get hysterical.

I'm just left wondering why we dont get at least one path where Crow trusts him about and over carmen part way through despite the fact that: He has shown he's reliable, she knows he and ash have experience she lacks, she wants him desperately, she knows Roman shares her feelings (at the very least sexually), and she's known Roman longer than Carmen.

I guess what it comes down to is I just dont see what makes Carmen more trustworthy than Roman to crow in most paths to the point that she sticks to carmens wishes like glue instead of romans. Roman has at least shown he's as trustworthy as Carmen is.

Oh no, I totally get that. As I stated before I get why Crow does side with Carmen completely in some of the paths, and its why I have no issues with Markus siding with carmen in pretty much every path. Because him doing so makes so much sense.

I guess to boil every problem I have with crow down: I get why she sides with Carmen in certain paths. I just dont see why she sides with Carmen to the extent she does in every path unless she somehow sees Carmen as MORE trustworthy than Roman and thus is more loyal to Carmen. Because in a few paths, Roman talks sense the entire time.

And I think this also explains my contention with the endings in which she does go with Roman, because she's so pro-carmen to the very end it feels weird how she does a literal 180 heel-turn to agreeing with roman as quickly as she does over the span of one conversation. It feels... stilted. artificial.

Again, I want to state that I love this VN, and i'm thankful that you made this. I love most of the characters. I love Roman's character and how his motivations can lead him down different paths. I love Ash and how she's immune to Carmen because Carmen is too used to the intricate schemes of her realm while ash wears her heart on her sleeve. I love Markus with his heart of gold under all that backstabbing. I even love Carmen. Though more in a love to hate her kind of way as all good antagonists should be. Her scheming and the way she gets under their skin is perfect. So please dont see this as me being hateful or thinking you guys can't write (because I believe the exact opposite, I believe all in all this was an amazingly written VN) but rather as a passionate fan speaking his mind because he likes the game that much. I hope you have continued success!
That's fair. I think it's one of those things that's going to come down to individual interpretation of the characters, and the limitations we had in making the game primarily from Roman's POV. There's a lot of backstory stuff that effects the characters' decisions that either couldn't be represented well, or that wasn't worth adding. Same goes for the complexity of the different branches. Sometimes it was necessary to pull a few different branches back together rather than make three semi-identical endings, and that means sometimes characters do have little shunts in behaviour. It's very possible that the Crow in my mind and the one that comes across in the text aren't as similar as I think, or maybe we just have different standards for what makes a believable character. These are both things I can keep in mind when writing in future.

I definitely hold no ill will towards well meaning criticism. Feedback is essential to improving one's craft, and I really appreciate critique when it comes from someone who otherwise really did enjoy the game. Really that's the most important feedback. I know I'll never reach the people who hate on the central premise of the game (powerful female prisoner) but it's important to listen to people who love the game but take issue with specific details.

InkAndSaliva

Aug 8, 2022
Incredibly impressive game, I love the art more than maybe any other game on this site, but man, I don't think I've ever had my enthusiasm so immediately destroyed like when I realised Ash wasn't involved in any of the sex scenes. Ticks all of my boxes, and I was playing through all the routes trying to find at least one with her as a focus.

EthanSmithy

Apr 21, 2021
Not to say that this is a bad story, dont get me wrong. But this is dark and sinister, i feel like that should have been mentioned in the beginning. it seems to me that the message of the story is to betray your friends and abandon your commitments for pleasure. and even that isnt doing it justice. On top of that, Carmen is so mary sue its not even funny, even in the endings where you defy her, she still wins. thats not a good villain. a good villain would have you be able to defeat them, but tempt you with the darker parts of the story. but so far, every ending ive experienced has carmen winning, that isnt a good villain, its a mary sue. i wouldnt be surprised if a developer was doing a self insert with carmen, as themselves.

this honestly is the first game ive come across that ive had these issues with. it doesnt feel like a game made for fun, but instead to play up carmen as a character.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not to say that this is a bad story, dont get me wrong. But this is dark and sinister, i feel like that should have been mentioned in the beginning. it seems to me that the message of the story is to betray your friends and abandon your commitments for pleasure. and even that isnt doing it justice. On top of that, Carmen is so mary sue its not even funny, even in the endings where you defy her, she still wins. thats not a good villain. a good villain would have you be able to defeat them, but tempt you with the darker parts of the story. but so far, every ending ive experienced has carmen winning, that isnt a good villain, its a mary sue. i wouldnt be surprised if a developer was doing a self insert with carmen, as themselves.

this honestly is the first game ive come across that ive had these issues with. it doesnt feel like a game made for fun, but instead to play up carmen as a character.
There are several endings and the idea is to NOT betray your friends.

If that's your result that's due to the choices you've made.

Reactions: The0

Sothyr

May 26, 2019

So you can have all the sex scenes without betraying friends? One of the main reasons to play a sex game is to see sex scenes. If you can only get them if you betray your friends, this would be for me also a big issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: EthanSmithy

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So you can have all the sex scenes without betraying friends? One of the main reasons to play a sex game is to see sex scenes. If you can only get them if you betray your friends, this would be for me also a big issue.
It's not a sex game.

It's a story based game that happens to have sex scenes.

Of course you are going to see storylines you don't like if all you are focusing on is the sex.....

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
It's not a sex game.

It's a story based game that happens to have sex scenes.

Of course you are going to see storylines you don't like if all you are focusing on is the sex.....
It has sex scenes in it, what makes it a sex game. It is even mention in the OP that it is an erotic novel. In erotic novels is sex an important part of the story. And one of the reason to play such games is to see them.

Sex games can be story based games. Saying it is a story bsased game that happens to have sex scenes is just telling another way to say it is a sex game.

If this sex game/erotic novel offers only/mainly sex scenes if you betray your friends, it is an important information to know. Betraying friends, even in a story based sex game, would give me stomache ache.

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
Betraying friends, even in a story based sex game, would give me stomache ache.
So don't. Even if this means missing sex scenes. This is the point of a refined porn visual novel like this one.

There are plenty of "manslut to your heart content" games in this site. Allow something for different tastes.

EthanSmithy

Apr 21, 2021

Well ive gotten 3 endings, one where you obey her and she gives you whores. Another where you leave with Glasha. And the other where you defy her and she kills you and your entire party. Either way, she wins, or you give up, which isnt appealing. If there is an ending where you can win and save your friends, let me know.

Also ive gotta say her killing your entire party so easily is the pinnacle of mary sue. Glasha was obviously more powerful and would have heard the commotion, she should have beaten Carmen with ease. Same goes for markus, he just stood there like a moron. For you talking up this game as being a visual novel, instead of a sex game, it has some really poor writing for that ending. Just sayin

EthanSmithy

Apr 21, 2021
It has sex scenes in it, what makes it a sex game. It is even mention in the OP that it is an erotic novel. In erotic novels is sex an important part of the story. And one of the reason to play such games is to see them.

Sex games can be story based games. Saying it is a story bsased game that happens to have sex scenes is just telling another way to say it is a sex game.

If this sex game/erotic novel offers only/mainly sex scenes if you betray your friends, it is an important information to know. Betraying friends, even in a story based sex game, would give me stomache ache.
I am completely on your side in this one bud, i couldnt even jerk off to this game. When Carmen killed Glasha i couldnt even enjoy the ending where you get all your whores. It really does make me sick that thats the only way to get the good sex scenes. I enjoy sex games like Aurelia where its all consensual, everyone is happy, and you dont need to knife your friends in the back to have fun. Highly recommend it.

Jul 22, 2019
Well ive gotten 3 endings, one where you obey her and she gives you whores. Another where you leave with Glasha. And the other where you defy her and she kills you and your entire party. Either way, she wins, or you give up, which isnt appealing. If there is an ending where you can win and save your friends, let me know.

Also ive gotta say her killing your entire party so easily is the pinnacle of mary sue. Glasha was obviously more powerful and would have heard the commotion, she should have beaten Carmen with ease. Same goes for markus, he just stood there like a moron. For you talking up this game as being a visual novel, instead of a sex game, it has some really poor writing for that ending. Just sayin
I kinda agree on Glasha in that scene, though I think the characters all fit their role alright for a game that's trying to be darker while having more pornographic elements. It's not the best at that (though comparing to releases like last sovereign or black souls isn't fair), but it's fairly focused and coherently put together, which puts it way above most games here. Art is top tier as well of course.

There's at least one ending that really doesn't turn out well for Carmen iirc, too. Not a happy ending, but it's present.

Aurelia is cool tho, outside the really weird choices with minigames at points.

EthanSmithy

Apr 21, 2021
I kinda agree on Glasha in that scene, though I think the characters all fit their role alright for a game that's trying to be darker while having more pornographic elements. It's not the best at that (though comparing to releases like last sovereign or black souls isn't fair), but it's fairly focused and coherently put together, which puts it way above most games here. Art is top tier as well of course.

There's at least one ending that really doesn't turn out well for Carmen iirc, too. Not a happy ending, but it's present.

Aurelia is cool tho, outside the really weird choices with minigames at points.
Like i originally said: its not a bad game. But its has some flaws, and some shit i think should have been noted in the description. Its very dark, something that should have been at the fore front of describing it.

greenoil

Jul 28, 2022
is this from a pirate website? I'm seeing a bunch of sex chat and adult game .url files in the game file (Mac version), and I'm unable to play it or build distribution with renpy launcher...

Last edited:

nodice20

Jun 26, 2019
This a well crafted game and I have played it several times. It is one of the few games where I can feel I hate the characters and I feel like I am bashing my head against a wall but will try again.

My knock against the game that isn't related to my feelings about the characters and some of their choices is that sometimes I feel there are places where I the player want to be making a choice, feel like I should be making a choice but the game keeps going and there are times when that Roman's actions are not lining up with what I am telling him such as when I bind Carmen up and feed her with a spoon because I find her untrustworthy, tell her I am not interested and then somehow this leads to a a blowjob (why would you put your dick in the mouth of someone you thought was too dangerous to hold a spoon or drink from a bowl seconds later?) and then into a threeway with Crow, with no choice after saying this isn't how I roll.

The art and the intrigue are great though.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 77 Votes