VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sanguis et Imperium [v0.2] [Helheim]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I like the cinematic feel from the renders, now let's see if there's anything more to it.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I enjoyed this a lot.

It was short but it is also a good taster for what is to come. Good job. :coffee: (y)

Reactions: Helheim.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well not really a fun and exciting situation to some (others will love the possible early sex though) but as an early plotpoint and fact that that world is not always kind it does make some sense and I understood from remark dev scenes will be avoidable at least :p. Based on renders and fact story seems definitely different and interesting, hoping it will continue and def checking it out when bit further in development. Will be interesting to see what this dev will be able to do with the new Nvidia cards coming soonish. :p

Reactions: Valeck and 215303j

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.1.1 Compressed & Patched :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
And after trying this first version I'm speechless. The render quality, the soundtrack, the expressiveness in every sentence....
WOW!
It's so short though! :cry:

Just a couple of pedantic complaints:
- 1502 is NOT the Middle Ages but the early modern history. That's not medieval France any more.
- I doubt people of that time period would say "ass", "motherfucker", "cum" or "I blew it" :ROFLMAO:
Previews look very good; I'll give this another update or two before trying it, but just chiming in to agree that 1502 is way past the Middle Ages, esp. in the Mediterranean, but swearing is not a new invention: It's absolutely reasonable for people of any period to use (their language equivalents of) fuck, cunt, etc.

gamer2012boy

Jul 26, 2017
Just looking at the previews, I'm getting Skyrim vibe. But don't mind me, I welcome it with open arms & mind. Anyway, renders looks top-notch. Too soon to try for now but, let's see how the game developes. All the best! (y)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I thought it was clear enough that my comment about using modern swearwords was tongue in cheek.
But I guess I'll have to say it explicitly: Hey guys, don't take my comment about using modern swearwords seriously. I was joking :)

As for the year 1502 and the Middle Ages, I was serious about that. If the dev is going to mention or portray some real historical events in the game (which I will love since I love History!) I think it's only honest if I express my notion that we should be more accurate.
The consensus is the Middle Ages ended some years before that date. For some historians the period ended with the Fall of Constantinople in 1453. For others, it ended in 1492 when the Spaniards led by Columbus arrived in the American continent.

Let's forget this terminological shit now and focus on what matters, i.e. the game.
Update when? :HideThePain:

I'm always amazed at how some people find it unbearable when mommy has sex with someone who's not the MC (sometimes even if that's the MC's father!!) but the fact that a mother fucks her son poses no problem at all. It's really funny.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I thought it was clear enough that my comment about using modern swearwords was tongue in cheek.
But I guess I'll have to say it explicitly: Hey guys, don't take my comment about using modern swearwords seriously. I was joking :)
Hey, sorry if I jumped at you, it's a bit of a bugbear of mine. People in the past were just as varied, dirty, and horny as we are, and that tends to get written out of a lot of historical fiction that paints the past as some sort of High Romance. Words like 'fuck' and 'cunt' have been around in English for (fucking) centuries and are not out of place in any way.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey, sorry if I jumped at you, it's a bit of a bugbear of mine. People in the past were just as varied, dirty, and horny as we are, and that tends to get written out of a lot of historical fiction that paints the past as some sort of High Romance. Words like 'fuck' and 'cunt' have been around in English for (fucking) centuries and are not out of place in any way.
Not only in English. This comment deserves both a hahahaha and a like at same time. Fact by the way that most of the people that were literate in those days were either pretty rich and belonged to a certain class or belonged to a certain institution also played its part in that. Think we are talking late 19th or even early 20th century until literacy became something of a thing for segments of the poorer parts of the population in most of the Western world and was not even close to an universal skill by then.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Definitely. And whore as well as many others.
But it made me giggle when I read MC's mother call his father "motherfucker" :ROFLMAO:

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
All I can say is... God damn look at those majestic butt cheeks!! Finest cheeks in all the Realm!

Words like 'fuck' and 'cunt' have been around in English for (fucking) centuries and are not out of place in any way.
Gotta say, that was one of the first things I discovered... and it came from reading Guerin's great fabliaux "The Knight who could make cunts and assholes speak"... At the age of 16.

"So says Garin, who never lies,
and who in this story will indite
the adventures of a certain knight
who had a truly remarkable talent,
for he could make cunts speak, this gallant,
and conjure arseholes from all parts
to answer his summons by magic arts."

Medieval fablieux are some of the funniest shit I've read!

As for the year 1502 and the Middle Ages, I was serious about that. If the dev is going to mention or portray some real historical events in the game (which I will love since I love History!) I think it's only honest if I express my notion that we should be more accurate.
Which then leads one to the question... just how accurate of a portrayal do you think is good?

I mean, there's a point where It's great where the Setting is portrayed faithfully... and then there's Anally retentive levels of detail... such as "That doublet should have Z-Spun woollen yarns and a cotton weft"... or "That breastplate isn't curved enough... I'm gonna fucking burn your house down!" levels of accuracy...

In my opinion, So long as the Gist of everything is right and the renders are looking great... then I'm happy. Not to say I wouldn't be even happier if more attention is also shown on getting things such as the clothing/weapons/cooking-utensils/beds/textiles etcetera to be narrowed down accurately too... of course I would, I'mma God-damn Reenactor... sorta. But then I'm happy enough looking at those fine Butt-cheeks! :p

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Which then leads one to the question... just how accurate of a portrayal do you think is good?

I mean, there's a point where It's great where the Setting is portrayed faithfully... and then there's Anally retentive levels of detail... such as "That doublet should have Z-Spun woollen yarns and a cotton weft"... or "That breastplate isn't curved enough... I'm gonna fucking burn your house down!" levels of accuracy...

In my opinion, So long as the Gist of everything is right and the renders are looking great... then I'm happy. Not to say I wouldn't be even happier if more attention is also shown on getting things such as the clothing/weapons/cooking-utensils/beds/textiles etcetera to be narrowed down accurately too... of course I would, I'mma God-damn Reenactor... sorta. But then I'm happy enough looking at those fine Butt-cheeks! :p
No no no... I would never expect such levels of accuracy even if I could tell the difference, but I'm a thousand miles from being an expert on those subjects so...
I only commented on the distinction between time periods and the year 1502, nothing else.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes