VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sanguis et Imperium [v0.2] [Helheim]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
What can I say? I'm absolutely sold :giggle::giggle:
And after trying this first version I'm speechless. The render quality, the soundtrack, the expressiveness in every sentence....
WOW!
It's so short though! :cry:

Just a couple of pedantic complaints:
- 1502 is NOT the Middle Ages but the early modern history. That's not medieval France any more.
- I doubt people of that time period would say "ass", "motherfucker", "cum" or "I blew it" :ROFLMAO:

Khairus

Donor
May 14, 2020
I like European History so this is extra interesting :)

Will give it a try when I have some time

any chance of someone starting a walkthrough for it too please ? :)

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
And after trying this first version I'm speechless. The render quality, the soundtrack, the expressiveness in every sentence....
WOW!
... That's not medieval France any more.
- I doubt people of that time period would say "ass", "motherfucker", "cum" or "I blew it" :ROFLMAO:
Of course not ... because they would be speaking French, or Spanish, or Middle English, or whatever other language that had very different words for the same things still around today!

You need to just imagine that all these old languages are somehow brilliantly translated into modern English, and you will feel immersed in the story once again. ;)

e-d

Note: things like "television", "aeroplane travel", and "steam locomotive" still don't translate well for some reason. Hmmm. :unsure:

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
These are some very good quality renders.

I'm enjoying the story line as well. It's not bad. Not bad at all. :coffee:

215303j

Indeed, it was the last years of the late middle age, but technically would be Renaissance. It's my bad, I'll try to correct the description in OP and patreon/itch with the next update . And about the language well... you are right, lol :LOL:
Seems easier to slightly change the date (e.g. to 1499 ;)) unless you want to incorporate certain historical events.

Haven't played it yet though. No time yet, although it definately sounds and looks good!

Also: the combination of the dark preview pic (on the Latest Updates page) and the name, made me think about vampire horror more than historical VN. Vampire horror is not my thing but I clicked anyway for some reason. You may want to have a look into that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helheim.

Helheim.

Codex Gigas
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Seems easier to slightly change the date (e.g. to 1499) unless you want to incorporate certain historical events.

Haven't played it yet though.

Also: the combination of the dark preview pic (on the Latest Updates page) and the name, made me think about vampire horror more than historical VN. Vampire horror is not my thing but I clicked anyway for some reason. You may want to have a look into that....
Yep, that's my thing. There's a reason my mc mentions the name Giovanni.

And well the vampiric theme helps me to touch and recreate some interesting historical events in some way, but it's not my main goal to have stuff like vampires vs. wolves or fairies, etc. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Reactions: 215303j

215303j

So, I played it.

I have to say, great job!

I think it's a bit early to write a full review, but I'm definately going to watch this game!

The visuals are great in all respects, and the music really fits the mood of the game.
The story also looks to be quite deep and interesting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Although I like the looks of the UI, there are a few problems:
- The save button (after you press escape) is in the wrong place for easy saving. That's a bit annoying
- The save screen always resets to page 1. If you are like me and make a lot of saves (at page 4 now), that's really annoying...

-VALKORION-

Jul 9, 2017
So, I played it.

I have to say, great job!

I think it's a bit early to write a full review, but I'm definately going to watch this game!

The visuals are great in all respects, and the music really fits the mood of the game.
The story also looks to be quite deep and interesting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Although I like the looks of the UI, there are a few problems:
- The save button (after you press escape) is in the wrong place for easy saving. That's a bit annoying
- The save screen always resets to page 1. If you are like me and make a lot of saves (at page 4 now), that's really annoying...
I would call the scene variants, pleasantly confusing.

Leonputh_

Jul 12, 2020
Bro PLEASE!!! anything but ntr, swinging and sharing.

Don't get me wrong just can't handle that shit anymore. there's too many ntr game which I scared to play anymore . Ur project looks promising.

I hope May be romance , harem , or even Netori Or futa content changes that fetishes. But thanks for ur game bro!!!

RattledSam

Jul 21, 2020
I loved cinematic renders but too short :D I hope will be update large amount content.Good work

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes