Mhiggey

Jun 5, 2018
Just bought the game on itch.io, super jank and laggy.
Holy shit, what the fuck!? But it's version 0.16, it should be super polished by now! Are you telling me that this 'game' runs like some kind of pre-release demo? Fuck bros, all those one star reviews for this thread are correct and we should have listened.

Dev must think we're all stupid or something, like if we were left unattended we'd trip over our untied shoelaces and drown in a shallow puddle.

MadMan691337

Jan 21, 2020
Holy shit, what the fuck!? But it's version 0.16, it should be super polished by now! Are you telling me that this 'game' runs like some kind of pre-release demo? Fuck bros, all those one star reviews for this thread are correct and we should have listened.

Dev must think we're all stupid or something, like if we were left unattended we'd trip over our untied shoelaces and drown in a shallow puddle.
Its been out 2 years. Kinda shit development for that amount of time

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
We just reworked a majority of the game. I wouldn't even consider this close to a beta state yet. Still alpha. I personally will scrap and rework systems until I am happy with it. We ask that if you purchase it you'd understand the level of development stage we are at, we are not hiding anything at all.

Reactions: icollectsouls

Mhiggey

Jun 5, 2018
Its been out 2 years. Kinda shit development for that amount of time
It isn't 'out' at all, it's obviously still heavily in development and as I've posted previously whenever you're dealing with western dev games (especially furry ones) you have to be very careful when/if you put money towards it. I'm all for criticising devs on here especially if they drag their heels while taking money, but buying version 0.16 of a game under development and then going 'It's a bit jank and unfinished' is a smoothbrain move.

Pretty much everything on this site is either unfinished western patreon scams or ugly-as-sin ren'py games anyway, you're best off holding onto your money unless your either 100% sure a game is finished and working or if you really want to support a trusted dev with some disposable cash.

Rustyshack

Feb 13, 2021
why isn't this thread(or kemono) being updated, is it because the dev is here or does nobody have v1.1 to v1.6?

mechdragon

Aug 29, 2017
why isn't this thread(or kemono) being updated, is it because the dev is here or does nobody have v1.1 to v1.6?
IMO the version changes are more equivalent to snapshot updates(that allows the dev to gain input on how the gameplay changes are received)in smaller dosages rather than in big updates that they might end up reverting. The .1-.6 is just version iterations, not intended full releases, therefore most uploaders dont really find the effort worth it. IIRC the dev releases public versions when they feel enough content is available to sate the average person. Unless you are either both wanting and willing to provide feedback on the game in its infancy, or just THAT interested in the entire evolution of the game(like I was when I payed for it), I would just wait for the public version.

Reactions: icollectsouls

cooldude5368

Oct 28, 2018
from what i can see on the itch page, it's mostly still in the design phase of the game. i think the developer probably has an idea of how they want the game to be, but still need to get the systems to achieve that into place

Rustyshack

Feb 13, 2021
IMO the version changes are more equivalent to snapshot updates(that allows the dev to gain input on how the gameplay changes are received)in smaller dosages rather than in big updates that they might end up reverting. The .1-.6 is just version iterations, not intended full releases, therefore most uploaders dont really find the effort worth it. IIRC the dev releases public versions when they feel enough content is available to sate the average person. Unless you are either both wanting and willing to provide feedback on the game in its infancy, or just THAT interested in the entire evolution of the game(like I was when I payed for it), I would just wait for the public version.
I was unaware there were public versions

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
from what i can see on the itch page, it's mostly still in the design phase of the game. i think the developer probably has an idea of how they want the game to be, but still need to get the systems to achieve that into place
Yeah pretty much. We have what we need to start making the game a whole right now. So expect things to speed up now that we know what the basic loops will be.

Sep 10, 2021
Just bought V17, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. Either I'm a terrible gamer or the dev didn't implement sex yet. How do I fuck the Mons? Honestly hoping it's a skill issue on my part.

I'm okay with paying for an underdeveloped game that tells me upfront it's still in early access, but at least tell me if it has sex yet.

laugh

Oct 23, 2017
Just bought V17, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. Either I'm a terrible gamer or the dev didn't implement sex yet. How do I fuck the Mons? Honestly hoping it's a skill issue on my part.

I'm okay with paying for an underdeveloped game that tells me upfront it's still in early access, but at least tell me if it has sex yet.
Unless things have changed from v16, have a look at
and more specifically the " Sex and Observers " section

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019

That stuff is coming we just have a focus on getting in the core missing components first.

ankedi

Apr 5, 2020
For the people who are complaining that this game is too long in this EA phase, develop a game of this scale yourself. Especially when the dev team consists of only a few or one person. Then you know how much time something like this takes. You see it all too often with indie titles like this that the devs lose interest after a while, because it's a lot of work, and they usually do it as a hobby on the side. Large development teams have many full-time employees, and yet games like Scum etc have been in the EA for over 5 years and are still far from finished. You better be thankful that the devs here have so much love for this game.

Luvs you all <3

Arta.umb

Dec 13, 2019
im afraid by the time the game is at, lets say have a proper state of performance my life would be over

1.50 star(s) 13 Votes