VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sarah's Life: Re-Imagined [v1.0] [SteelyDan]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I could have this wrong but IIRC, the original was completely predicated on the protagonist being a moron who was constantly harassed, blackmailed, easily fooled by the dumbest of ploys, and raped, right?

I hope this reboot is a bit more creative...
So basically pushing the "blonde" stereotype to the max? Shame this had potential.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
I've tried both now and for what I can see:
1 - the RPGM game is pretty woeful. There are no meaningful options, so it's pretty much a linear non-interactive story. Couldn't even finish it after the old neighbor.
2 - The original had only two models: Sarah and "generic disembodied unrealistic penis representing all the males"
3 - While Sarah is pretty much an idiot in both, at least in this remake she can refuse to have random sex with the first weirdo who asks her. This means that the player can dictate the pace of corruption.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we should be happy that Sarah's life is finally back, and this time hopefully we get to an end.
also, we should not expect the highest quality comparing the best 3d games right now, we should not expect original locations, its limitations that are obvious for a starter dev and we should not demand that anyway.

what i hope is that, this time Sarah is smarter, and has choices, so more routes, even if this means it will take more time making this game. in the original, Sarah is dumb and easy, but what did make that game so great was her model. today, theres a lot of hot models, that are better and more sexy than Sarah. that means, this game need to be much better than the original to keep it up and thats a challenge.

as the title says: re-imagined, so it should not be exactly like sarah's life, but something similar, that reminds us of that old crappy and low quality game in rpgvx.

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017
Are we sure Geekbone is NOT Impure?! :D
I played the original game back in the days and i loved the Sarah model, but the dev just milked his patreons and then disappeared.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It is nice to see all the feedback and the thoughts.

Let me start by saying, no... I am not Impure... lol. I am just a guy who has been on this site for a couple of years now and has been playing with fan art for a while and decided to try creating a story. I have, however, tried to contact him but so far no joy.

Regarding the blackmail... I am taking an existing concept as well as some of the original content and using it for the game, and while I like the original game, I was not a fan of all the crazy blackmail situations either. I am trying to write Sarah as smart with more control over her situations. This is not a remake. This is taking the original model and concept and re-working it.

And yes, my models are currently 720, but this is something I am working on.

Yes, there is not a lot of content right now. We are talking day one of the story. I wanted to put together something to see if enough people liked it to warrant me continuing, but I promise it will not take long to get there. There will not be a lot of grind.

This is my first attempt at creating anything like this. I thought it might be easier to start with something that already had somewhat of a following and a story. My thought is to make this a short 14 to 20 day story, build up some experience, have fun with a beautiful model, and develop a process.

Also, there is nothing you can say to upset me. All feedback is welcome as long as it is polite. I can't learn without feedback.

The next release is scheduled for the end of November, and I will commit to at least one day a release, with the hopes of getting to 2 days.

Again, it is really nice to see all the activity around this. I hope I can create something a lot of people like.

looping999

Mar 18, 2019
The last game i expected to see make a come back in anyway, very happy its happening tho, was one of the favorites.
Looking forward to the next update.

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017
What would be the point of lying?
Easy thing: Nobody would support him, because Impure milked the Patreons for good. So yeah, lying would make sense.
BUT:
I don't think Geekbone is Impure. It was meant as a joke. See the ":D" after the comment ;-)

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017

Let me start by saying, no... I am not Impure... lol. I am just a guy who has been on this site for a couple of years now and has been playing with fan art for a while and decided to try creating a story. I have, however, tried to contact him but so far no joy.

Regarding the blackmail... I am taking an existing concept as well as some of the original content and using it for the game, and while I like the original game, I was not a fan of all the crazy blackmail situations either. I am trying to write Sarah as smart with more control over her situations. This is not a remake. This is taking the original model and concept and re-working it.

Yes, there is not a lot of content right now. We are talking day one of the story. I wanted to put together something to see if enough people liked it to warrant me continuing, but I promise it will not take long to get there. There will not be a lot of grind.

This is my first attempt at creating anything like this. I thought it might be easier to start with something that already had somewhat of a following and a story. My thought is to make this a short 14 to 20 day story, build up some experience, have fun with a beautiful model, and develop a process.

Also, there is nothing you can say to upset me. All feedback is welcome as long as it is polite. I can't learn without feedback.

The next release is scheduled for the end of November, and I will commit to at least one day a release, with the hopes of getting to 2 days.

Again, it is really nice to see all the activity around this. I hope I can create something a lot of people like.

Yeah, looks good so far. Wish you the best :)

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
If your idea is to actually change the game, which i like, dont make a short one. As you said the original had a following so there's big potential here. Dont worry if its unpolished and not as "refined" as more experienced devs' titles here. Put more effort on the story and you'll do great.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018

great !

will there be lesbian content ?

how about incest ?

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
Lesbian, yes. Incest, no (not against it, just does not fit in the story).
ok best of luck !

a piece of advice, if this is your first project, just take it easy and don't over do it

maybe make a shorter, more compact game, with just enough content as you can easily manage.

then learn from there and make more sexy games !

good luck

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Ren'py re-image of the original that is fucking lovely, never expected to see this game ever again, while it is a good thing and all that I am a bit skeptical here, is this guy legit or is this impure just rebranding and coming back for some milking ?

Sorry if it sounds harsh but I rather come out straight and ask.

Edit: also is this going to continue like a new writer or whatever or will this go all way to where impure left and or will there be more added to what there is or we getting the same exact story but with just a re image and ren'py?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote