VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

crazydan

Jul 26, 2017
Wow, I was wondering what happened to the monthly updates and it turns out he's completely reworked the game... good for him though! Honestly the previous system wasn't that interesting and trying to unlock lewd scenes was a chore.

A card system where you collect cards from enemies sounds interesting and unique. It also sounds like a lot more work but it could turn out much better than what he was doing before.

Reactions: Blake639

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
It's not.
Hating your opinion and telling you about it is also not a fucking crime.
Welcome to internet.
You may want to be careful with the word "hating": disagreeing with someone is one thing but hating someone else's opinion can be considered a crime under some circumstances.
Also if these 6 sentences
He's got a point tho, not having the standing picture change according to the cut-ins is a bit immersion breaking.
For example in Saria reclaimed cut-ins are better because are tied to the different poses (excluding the sexual harassment ones).
Were so controversial to trigger someone I'm not the one here who needs to grow a thicker skin.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I've no idea if the card system is really going to be like Library of Ruina, but I sincerely hope not. Not because I don't like the game, but I can't imagine Ruina's style of deck building and progression is practical for a small dev team.

At a glance, you can tell that Ruina's production value is nothing to sneeze at. You get cards pretty much every new encounter and you have to constantly replace old ones to keep up. This is what keeps the fights relatively fresh. Even between card sets of similar themes, the process doesn't seem to be as simple as copying and pasting with minor adjustments. But the game is also driven by an engaging story that's rich in lore. Both game and story work together to space apart the tedious parts and keep the player engaged.

They would have to figure out how much of Ruina they want to mimic and condense it into a form that is both enjoyable by players and achievable by a much smaller dev team. And unlike Ruina, which is a completed product that's probably been refined by play testing, the way the cards work and their stats would likely be in a constant state of change and rebalancing, which is what caused Velminth to seek a different battle system in the first place. That's why I was against the idea of making this a deck builder when everyone was guessing at what the new battle mechanic will be like.

Reactions: EmilIrving

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Kind of feels like a lot of games are trying to do deck building these days. I hope Velminth can pull it off, but it still seems like a pretty odd choice on his part.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Kind of feels like a lot of games are trying to do deck building these days. I hope Velminth can pull it off, but it still seems like a pretty odd choice on his part.
I feel like roguelites (or at least their influences) too. I get the impression that NewGame+ because your character died/got a bad ending is becoming more and more of a thing.

I'm all for more deck builders, but the reason Velminth was having such a hard time balancing the game in the first place is because he couldn't condense Karryn's Prison into a more simplified form. I can't imagine it being any easier trying to condense a deck builder, especially an atypical one like Ruina. Ruina's battle system relies on you having a full team and clashing (cards that roll higher negate the opposing card). You get 3 Light (energy) per person, a 9-card deck each, 3 or 4 cards per person to start, regen 1 Light every turn, and Emotion levels to restore light over the course of the fight (so you don't just have dead hands are playing a couple 3-cost cards).

Even if we take out the more complex mechanics like stagger (stun and 2x damage taken), speed dice (complicated to explain), and one-sided attacks (when you don't/can't play a card to clash with), I'm having a hard time picturing how a 9-card deck is going to work in like a 1v3 fight. Do you draw and play a shit ton of cards every turn? Does only one person attack every turn?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: drone4of2

Psajchol

Sep 2, 2019
To be honest - while I do like impregnation and pregnancy as well, it's nice to have some sort of after effect and some games really expand upon childcaring as well - probably wouldn't make much sense outside of some sort of bad end. Saria doesn't have a single location where she stays, maybe if you'd have a possibility of getting an apartment or house in the city...

Well, there are still mods. Karryn's Prison didn't have a pregnancy but now there's a fully functioning pregnancy system.

However, I do believe that something like egg pregnancy by some enemies as part of 'defeat scene' could be added.

I honestly think that parasites could be very much in game's spirit, already seeing the spider-soldiers and amount of insectoid enemies. Parasites could be like debuffs - like decreasing dmg dealt, increasing received, randomly spiking pleasure during combat, affecting various other stats - with their own cut-ins and having to get a cure. They'd be after effect because of sex with insects and infested enemies.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
I think it's good to remember that a big focus of this game is the fact that Saria is very muscular. Even when she's wearing clothes her outfit shows off her muscles and abs. This is a game filling that niche and pregnancy would very much detract from that.

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
I think it's good to remember that a big focus of this game is the fact that Saria is very muscular. Even when she's wearing clothes her outfit shows off her muscles and abs. This is a game filling that niche and pregnancy would very much detract from that.
I wouldn't say it would detract from that but rather adds another layer of corruption to her where she probably wouldn't care anymore if she gets pregnant

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
I wouldn't say it would detract from that but rather adds another layer of corruption to her where she probably wouldn't care anymore if she gets pregnant
What I mean is the focus isn't just the corruption the focus IS the fact that she's muscular. That's who it's appealing too. Making her pregnant strips that.

Shirobine

Sep 17, 2017
You've clearly never seen a jacked up pregnant chick with abs before my dude, it doesn't just go away for everyone.

Also it mostly depends on how the preggo system is used. Considering the dev doesn't plan for outfits to have additional CG outside of the unique scenarios they'd be involved with, it's safe to say preggo art will not be in the battle HCG. In which case it would be relegated to it's own unique scenario, possibly similar to the Saria captured H scenes. Or he could just have off screen preggo content and focus mainly on the impregnation and X-ray of the fertilizations. Considering this dev takes a lot from LISA I'd say there's a chance for preg content, if anyone has played LISA before, they would know what I mean.

Azzo

Sep 4, 2017
No fucking way. Screw this pregshit, update in the DoL with that content takes like half year :cautious:
And you want absolute new game starts to spend time for this doubtful fetish and all future updates for this too? Its just wasted time, better to spend it for lore, gameplay, costumes or something else.
P.S I fapping to sex not what happens after it.

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
What I mean is the focus isn't just the corruption the focus IS the fact that she's muscular. That's who it's appealing too. Making her pregnant strips that.
I don't think it could detract the appeal, if the proposed system could somehow add abortion or use contraceptives as a counter to pregnancy as a whole, or even allow birthing as long as the base cg of her being muscular stays, I say go ahead add it

if anything I'm actually praying someone would make a pregmod after all this I mean Karryn had one, and that was before it was finished too

Reactions: Christin Eleven

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
You may want to be careful with the word "hating": disagreeing with someone is one thing but hating someone else's opinion can be considered a crime under some circumstances.
Having an opinion about other people's opinion is not a fucking crime but under some circumstances can be considered a crime.
And English is not even my mother language.

Reactions: Christin Eleven

amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
All this back and forth with preggo requests is just noise at a rock concert anyway tbh.
Velminth has already made it clear he has a gameplan in mind, and if he isn't planning to do extra costumes because of the additional workload to existing assets that would involve I seriously doubt he is going to do the exact same thing to appease the few requesting this niche.

Your best chances have already been mentioned, either you get a single scene from a broodmother or game-over image, or you go like DoL and get preggo voted high on a "what should I focus on next?" poll as a paying patron.

Otherwise it's as much just a breeze on a windy day as all the other futanari, NTR, preggo and niche demanders. Move on.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
You've clearly never seen a jacked up pregnant chick with abs before my dude, it doesn't just go away for everyone.

Also it mostly depends on how the preggo system is used. Considering the dev doesn't plan for outfits to have additional CG outside of the unique scenarios they'd be involved with, it's safe to say preggo art will not be in the battle HCG. In which case it would be relegated to it's own unique scenario, possibly similar to the Saria captured H scenes. Or he could just have off screen preggo content and focus mainly on the impregnation and X-ray of the fertilizations. Considering this dev takes a lot from LISA I'd say there's a chance for preg content, if anyone has played LISA before, they would know what I mean.
There is no chance for pregnancy unless someone mods it in later. There is no discussion beyond that point. 1690199842508.png

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes