VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

haus2

Jan 14, 2019
I am sure I am in the minority but I doubt I will see many of the scenes as I am the type of player who tries really hard to win every fight even grinding to make sure I don't get overpowered in a fight lol. Probably defeats the purpose but I am going to be the strongest ninja there is lol.
As long as you are having fun, keep going games are there for fun and everyone defines fun differently. so Enjoy

Vincent654

Jul 1, 2018
I'm kind of wondering around after beat all enemy down and kinda... found myself lost, Am I doing correct?

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
Is there any hope of beating Karin? I think the costumes are a little better than Karin
There's cut ins but nothing actually changes in the full body sprite so no, they already fucked up

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
"fucked up" is a rather rude thing to say about not having added an extremely laborious feature.
Costumes means every single cut-in and scene would have to be altered accordingly.
He's got a point tho, not having the standing picture change according to the cut-ins is a bit immersion breaking.
For example in Saria reclaimed cut-ins are better because are tied to the different poses (excluding the sexual harassment ones).

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
He's got a point tho, not having the standing picture change according to the cut-ins is a bit immersion breaking.
For example in Saria reclaimed cut-ins are better because are tied to the different poses (excluding the sexual harassment ones).
I would not be quick to judge a game that has exactly one post on cien. Seems like an exceedingly early judgement to make.

Kaerth

May 31, 2020
Very promising, I loved the general premise, the aesthetic and especially the MC. Keep up the good work!

Decker

Aug 6, 2016
Velminth I've recently reached the blowjob amount that should allow Saria to swallow but even so the game displays the same text that I had before the goal. Is all correct or something is missing. If you need it I can provide you the saves (no cheat was used so they should be "clean").
Thanks.

SheinBein

Dec 8, 2019
The game is still early development, and all the "regular" cut-ins for all the sexual activities aren't even done yet.
And there's a difference between adding alternate cut-ins for various damage to her normal clothes versus doing that AND redoing every single cut-in for a new costume, and every single damage variation of each costume in turn.
Better for Velminth to focus on the standard clothing and whatever else they want to prioritize first and foremost.
Otherwise you just end up with disappointing half-features like how in Night of Revenge the unlockable costumes have no defeat/sex variations, and the animation just switches to the regular costume when doing anything other than moving/fighting. And that game's creator wasn't being lazy when he did that either, but rather plain exhausted and burned out as he would explain when the final update was released. The probably still considerable amount of work effort that went into those costumes could and should just have been invested into polishing other parts of the base game, or as free time for the creator to avoid their burnout in the first place.

The last thing us content-craving horni troglodytes should do is needlessly increase the pressure on a creator in a way that can suddenly cause an end to any new content at all. Sometimes the only thing keeping such projects going is passion, so we don't gain anything from filing down the passion needlessly by speaking of the creator's effort in the same needlessly rude way you'd expect towards some Yandev-type creator who milks crowdfunding for years without accomplishing anything.
(not even getting into how various conditions like adhd make people vulnerable to involuntarily losing passion and the will to do even something they were already planning to do when "ordered" to do it)
Velminth has had pretty solid updates like once a month so far, and it's already enjoyable even at such an early stage of development. I see the effort put in so far perfectly reasonable for a solo-developer.
I think people forget that games like this isn't just "making art", but also shitloads of coding and bug testing to make sure that anything added doesn't just collapse in on itself seemingly at random. All of TF2's coding revolves around a JPEG of a coconut. Coding might as well be arcane wizardry as far as my understanding of it goes. I just know it can sometimes be almost inexplicably time-consuming for even seemingly mundane tasks.

If Velminth says it is too much work... well we can't negotiate their own mental/physical stamina, can we?
The best chance any of us has for such extra features to get added beyond Velminth's current intended scope is to just let them cook and give fair and honest feedback to the stuff that does get put out.
Enough indie games (AAA games as well for that matter) die in development or end up as unfocused dreck because the creators crush themselves with scope creep, not setting firmer and more realistic limits on themselves. If anything it's a rather good sign for the game's future progress that Velminth can be so upfront about hard limits to what they'll do.
It's fine to ask about specific features you'd like to see, I have done that here myself multiple times. Just don't be a snide ass about it for no reason.

Last edited:

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
The game is still early development, and all the "regular" cut-ins for all the sexual activities aren't even done yet.
And there's a difference between adding alternate cut-ins for various damage to her normal clothes versus doing that AND redoing every single cut-in for a new costume, and every single damage variation of each costume in turn.
Better for Velminth to focus on the standard clothing and whatever else they want to prioritize first and foremost.
Otherwise you just end up with disappointing half-features like how in Night of Revenge the unlockable costumes have no defeat/sex variations, and the animation just switches to the regular costume when doing anything other than moving/fighting. And that game's creator wasn't being lazy when he did that either, but rather plain exhausted and burned out as he would explain when the final update was released. The probably still considerable amount of work effort that went into those costumes could and should just have been invested into polishing other parts of the base game, or as free time for the creator to avoid their burnout in the first place.

The last thing us content-craving horni troglodytes should do is needlessly increase the pressure on a creator in a way that can suddenly cause an end to any new content at all. Sometimes the only thing keeping such projects going is passion, so we don't gain anything from filing down the passion needlessly by speaking of the creator's effort in the same needlessly rude way you'd expect towards some Yandev-type creator who milks crowdfunding for years without accomplishing anything.
(not even getting into how various conditions like adhd make people vulnerable to involuntarily losing passion and the will to do even something they were already planning to do when "ordered" to do it)
Velminth has had pretty solid updates like once a month so far, and it's already enjoyable even at such an early stage of development. I see the effort put in so far perfectly reasonable for a solo-developer.
I think people forget that games like this isn't just "making art", but also shitloads of coding and bug testing to make sure that anything added doesn't just collapse in on itself seemingly at random. All of TF2's coding revolves around a JPEG of a coconut. Coding might as well be arcane wizardry as far as my understanding of it goes. I just know it can sometimes be almost inexplicably time-consuming for even seemingly mundane tasks.

If Velminth says it is too much work... well we can't negotiate their own mental/physical stamina, can we?
The best chance any of us has for such extra features to get added beyond Velminth's current intended scope is to just let them cook and give fair and honest feedback to the stuff that does get put out.
Enough indie games (AAA games as well for that matter) die in development or end up as unfocused dreck because the creators crush themselves with scope creep, not setting firmer and more realistic limits on themselves. If anything it's a rather good sign for the game's future progress that Velminth can be so upfront about hard limits to what they'll do.
It's fine to ask about specific features you'd like to see, I have done that here myself multiple times. Just don't be a snide ass about it for no reason.
I understand if a developer doesn't want to add costumes because he would have to redo all the cgs and cut-ins in fact i personally believe in quality over quantity.
But if said costumes were advertised as part of gameplay and not as a bonus feature for example then there's a problem because either you implement it or you don't.
I know that both games are in very early development and my previous post wasn't a critique on the games in themselves but just an observation on the fact that a feature should be fully implemented and not half baked.
For all I care saria and the mc of the other game can have their standard costume and thats it.
I did not demand anything nor wish that both games finish in development hell or fail.
guess having an opinion nowdays is a fucking crime.

Last edited:
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes