VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Another glitch I found is when I go to refight the drunk boss, I build up his pleasure gage to full but he won't go down. It's works the first time I fight him, I get the option to netrualize or "neutralize" like normal, but when I refight him using the effigy, its like he's immune to being defeated by pleasure damage.

BLACKFOX505

Feb 13, 2020
You mean like how 80% of RPGM games are all turn based grindfests?
...oh wait!
I mean the change itself is bad, i start playing something coz i see what it is. Imagine playing cod and few updates in they remove guns and make you do math tests to deal dmg. If i got the name right, astral lust has card based fights, but it was there when i started.

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
I mean the change itself is bad, i start playing something coz i see what it is. Imagine playing cod and few updates in they remove guns and make you do math tests to deal dmg. If i got the name right, astral lust has card based fights, but it was there when i started.
I will make you take an algebra exam with your dick in hand. It doubles as recommendation for employment.

Mar 18, 2019
Well, shit. For someone who loves TBS and absolutely hates card games, to the point I can't even try Midnight Suns even though I have well over 7000 hours in various Xcoms, this just went from one of the most anticipated games straight to the garbage bin.

Hope for the rest of you peeps that this system is better than the previous one, but I fail to see how this system could ever possibly give you more control than the previous system.

Reactions: Beats9821

halcyonpurge

Feb 7, 2019
jokes aside, i'm pretty sure i've done everything that can be done with the actual minigame part of the masseuse job, and these are my findings:

Interface

most people will be looking at a screen similar to this one:
1690530360910.png
whether or not there's supposed to be any more information other than what is shown is unclear. you get one massage technique, that may or may not be bugged, seeing as when your turn starts, it randomizes to something else that isn't what it first showed up as, which was already random - so it randomizes twice. you are stuck with one option and face a very real possibility of being softlocked into skipping turns until you lose. the only way to get more is to happen onto the Break Time technique, which unlocks one more fixed option for you, up to three times. if none of those work for the specific ailment(s) you need to cure, best start praying that you find a New Approach technique, which will randomize your fixed techniques with no guarantee that at least one will be suited for your given ailment(s).

there is also a very small blurb of text on the bottom right of the screen, above Saria's status indicator, that reads "The". i don't know if the client does, in fact, have his own information, and it's supposed to be displayed alongside that nametag - it's merely something worth noting.

i have written a guide that, to the best of my knowledge, encapsulates all of the ailments and all of their cures, and it reads as follows:
Code:
Key:            ++ Good Heals

+ Heals

X Do Not Use

Ailment:        Techniques:

Stiff           Rough Kneading ++

Dynamic Massage ++

Deep Pressure +

Cold Stone +

Warm Oil X

Gentle Rubbing/Stroking X

Sore            Dynamic Massage ++

Cold Stone ++

Deep Pressure +

Rough Kneading +

Warm Oil X

Inflamed        Rough Kneading ++

Deep Pressure +

Dynamic Massage +

Cold Stone +

Warm Oil X

Aching          Rough Kneading ++

Dynamic Massage ++

Deep Pressure +

Warm Oil X

Cold Stone X

Feverish        Warm Oil +

Gentle Rubbing/Stroking +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Cold Stone X

Relaxed         Gentle Rubbing ++

Gentle Stroking +

Warm Oil +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Cold Stone X

Loose           Gentle Rubbing/Stroking +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Warm Oil X

Cold Stone X
some of these don't make any sense and act counter to their flavor text, such as Warm Oil stating that it treats inflamed muscle tissue, only for your client to get pissy and leave when you use it on their inflammation ailment - which, on that note, also seems random. whether there's supposed to be on-screen information regarding the client's satisfaction is, again, unclear - you are spending the entirety of the minigame guessing what does what, what will happen next, and when your client just decides to piss off. i suspect this is an issue partly because the UI, in its current iteration, leaves much to be desired, and partly because the RNG is sporadic and merely leaves you with playing a memorization game - one that i already played for you. and, again, if you have ailments that you have no cure available for, tough luck, better skip and hope you haven't run out of willpower - which is also missing, alongside stamina, despite the interface suggesting that actions cost stamina and skipping costs willpower, so you never know how much you have or need.

Gameplay

as mentioned previously, the minigame is 90% reliant on RNG, as the 10% of player input comes from remembering which technique is supposed to cure which ailment. you spend it clicking on the given hand symbol that corresponds to your desired technique, and then clicking on the box with the ailment you want to treat. once you actually get a technique worth using, the amount it heals the ailment for seems to be random, anywhere between 1 to 5, though some techniques might show bias with specific ailments, providing more healing in return, though that could be due to random chance. i took note of which techniques seemed to heal their respective ailments more in the guide.

your clients come in one of three flavors, that i have personally marked as stoic, sensitive, and aroused.
  • stoic clients never get aroused, no matter what techniques you perform, how naked you are or what your status/reputation is. they just want a rubbing and then they leave.
  • sensitive clients run the risk of popping a stiffy under their massage towel. as of now, there is nothing you can do with this information. the client may begin slowly undressing Saria, and sometimes force a single cut-in to play that depicts Saria from a lower 2/3 angle, allowing you a view of her groin. his pleasure meter will fill up, as with most enemies in the game, but once it hits full... nothing happens. you can spend forever in limbo if you like, or you can try forcing through the techniques to just end the massage and move on.
  • aroused clients are the same as sensitive clients except they're horny from the get-go. again, as of 0.14, nothing more can be done with them, aside from hear Saria constantly jabber about staying still.
i, personally, have encountered a bug that notifies you that the client has gotten aroused, along with a quip from Saria saying something to the tune of "that's a normal reaction" - except the art for the client didn't change, and it repeated the arousal message and quote from Saria at the start of every turn. however, this bug only occurred once for me, which, while comforting, is far from the only issue with this system. as evidenced by the screenshot in the Interface section, your options for information and interaction for both Saria and NPCs is lacking, so you cannot see any of the CGs, cut-ins, or poses hinted at in the changelog. this is all, of course, accurate to 0.14, and will hopefully (by the grace of our lord and savior Terry Davis) be fixed before the next monthly dev cycle starts.

Cutscenes

you get 4 fairly brief cutscenes that have a random chance of playing instead of launching the minigame, and they are listed in the spoiler box below. do not open it if you don't want to spoil yourself on these cutscenes, as i will name and describe them generally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i encountered a bug where one of these cutscenes played back to back to back, three times in a row, after having only pressed the button to start the masseuse job once. this, again, only happened once, and it was business as "usual" after that.

ultimately, unless you really really get off on seeing Saria wearing a pair of long rubber gloves and little else, you can safely pass on the masseuse content until these issues are addressed.

TL;DR for zoomers with zero attention span

masseuse job currently broke. UI bad, RNG bad, CGs absent, cut-ins absent, numerous small bugs, unenjoyable in its' current state. return in a couple patches when fixes and adjustment passes are made and the content is restored.

moogles

Mar 7, 2018
I remember pressing something to get a skills menu before? What key do I press to get it to appear now? I've pressed like every key on the keyboard and not getting the menu for combat skills...

halcyonpurge

Feb 7, 2019
I remember pressing something to get a skills menu before? What key do I press to get it to appear now? I've pressed like every key on the keyboard and not getting the menu for combat skills...
the game system was changed, there isn't a "skills menu" per se. all of your "skills" are now bundled into the new deck builder system. so if you're looking for the menu with the attacks, recovery actions, lewd actions, and whatnot, you won't find it.
that said, right now the old menu system sort of still exists for some reason. on the very bottom right you can see this scroll bar 1690535491389.png
if you press W and S, it will cycle between three invisible buttons. the first is your menu that reduces corruption for various body parts. the second is a fucked up view of all the skills you currently have access to. some of them don't have names in this menu, some do, i dont really know. 1690535807250.png
the third button is the escape button, but again. you already have an escape button on the top middle dial, the boot looking thing. i suspect this ghost menu is either a debug thing or an oversight, maybe both.

we love to see quick progress on the bugs though (y)
1690536057934.png

nickelpower

Jun 1, 2022
jokes aside, i'm pretty sure i've done everything that can be done with the actual minigame part of the masseuse job, and these are my findings:

Interface

most people will be looking at a screen similar to this one:
View attachment 2806021
whether or not there's supposed to be any more information other than what is shown is unclear. you get one massage technique, that may or may not be bugged, seeing as when your turn starts, it randomizes to something else that isn't what it first showed up as, which was already random - so it randomizes twice. you are stuck with one option and face a very real possibility of being softlocked into skipping turns until you lose. the only way to get more is to happen onto the Break Time technique, which unlocks one more fixed option for you, up to three times. if none of those work for the specific ailment(s) you need to cure, best start praying that you find a New Approach technique, which will randomize your fixed techniques with no guarantee that at least one will be suited for your given ailment(s).

there is also a very small blurb of text on the bottom right of the screen, above Saria's status indicator, that reads "The". i don't know if the client does, in fact, have his own information, and it's supposed to be displayed alongside that nametag - it's merely something worth noting.

i have written a guide that, to the best of my knowledge, encapsulates all of the ailments and all of their cures, and it reads as follows:
Code:
Key:            ++ Good Heals

+ Heals

X Do Not Use

Ailment:        Techniques:

Stiff           Rough Kneading ++

Dynamic Massage ++

Deep Pressure +

Cold Stone +

Warm Oil X

Sore            Dynamic Massage ++

Cold Stone ++

Deep Pressure +

Rough Kneading +

Warm Oil X

Inflamed        Rough Kneading ++

Deep Pressure +

Dynamic Massage +

Cold Stone +

Warm Oil X

Aching          Rough Kneading ++

Dynamic Massage ++

Deep Pressure +

Warm Oil X

Cold Stone X

Feverish        Warm Oil +

Gentle Rubbing/Stroking +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Cold Stone X

Relaxed         Gentle Rubbing ++

Gentle Stroking +

Warm Oil +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Cold Stone X

Loose           Gentle Rubbing/Stroking +

Rough Kneading X

Deep Pressure X

Dynamic Massage X

Warm Oil X

Cold Stone X
some of these don't make any sense and act counter to their flavor text, such as Warm Oil stating that it treats inflamed muscle tissue, only for your client to get pissy and leave when you use it on their inflammation ailment - which, on that note, also seems random. whether there's supposed to be on-screen information regarding the client's satisfaction is, again, unclear - you are spending the entirety of the minigame guessing what does what, what will happen next, and when your client just decides to piss off. i suspect this is an issue partly because the UI, in its current iteration, leaves much to be desired, and partly because the RNG is sporadic and merely leaves you with playing a memorization game - one that i already played for you. and, again, if you have ailments that you have no cure available for, tough luck, better skip and hope you haven't run out of willpower - which is also missing, alongside stamina, despite the interface suggesting that actions cost stamina and skipping costs willpower, so you never know how much you have or need.

Gameplay

as mentioned previously, the minigame is 90% reliant on RNG, as the 10% of player input comes from remembering which technique is supposed to cure which ailment. you spend it clicking on the given hand symbol that corresponds to your desired technique, and then clicking on the box with the ailment you want to treat. once you actually get a technique worth using, the amount it heals the ailment for seems to be random, anywhere between 1 to 5, though some techniques might show bias with specific ailments, providing more healing in return, though that could be due to random chance. i took note of which techniques seemed to heal their respective ailments more in the guide.

your clients come in one of three flavors, that i have personally marked as stoic, sensitive, and aroused.
  • stoic clients never get aroused, no matter what techniques you perform, how naked you are or what your status/reputation is. they just want a rubbing and then they leave.
  • sensitive clients run the risk of popping a stiffy under their massage towel. as of now, there is nothing you can do with this information. the client may begin slowly undressing Saria, and sometimes force a single cut-in to play that depicts Saria from a lower 2/3 angle, allowing you a view of her groin. his pleasure meter will fill up, as with most enemies in the game, but once it hits full... nothing happens. you can spend forever in limbo if you like, or you can try forcing through the techniques to just end the massage and move on.
  • aroused clients are the same as sensitive clients except they're horny from the get-go. again, as of 0.14, nothing more can be done with them, aside from hear Saria constantly jabber about staying still.
i, personally, have encountered a bug that notifies you that the client has gotten aroused, along with a quip from Saria saying something to the tune of "that's a normal reaction" - except the art for the client didn't change, and it repeated the arousal message and quote from Saria at the start of every turn. however, this bug only occurred once for me, which, while comforting, is far from the only issue with this system. as evidenced by the screenshot in the Interface section, your options for information and interaction for both Saria and NPCs is lacking, so you cannot see any of the CGs, cut-ins, or poses hinted at in the changelog. this is all, of course, accurate to 0.14, and will hopefully (by the grace of our lord and savior Terry Davis) be fixed before the next monthly dev cycle starts.

Cutscenes

you get 4 fairly brief cutscenes that have a random chance of playing instead of launching the minigame, and they are listed in the spoiler box below. do not open it if you don't want to spoil yourself on these cutscenes, as i will name and describe them generally.

i encountered a bug where one of these cutscenes played back to back to back, three times in a row, after having only pressed the button to start the masseuse job once. this, again, only happened once, and it was business as "usual" after that.

ultimately, unless you really really get off on seeing Saria wearing a pair of long rubber gloves and little else, you can safely pass on the masseuse content until these issues are addressed.

TL;DR for zoomers with zero attention span

masseuse job currently broke. UI bad, RNG bad, CGs absent, cut-ins absent, numerous small bugs, unenjoyable in its' current state. return in a couple patches when fixes and adjustment passes are made and the content is restored.
did you find out how to get hardcore masseuse scenes? never happened to me for playing a while

halcyonpurge

Feb 7, 2019
did you find out how to get hardcore masseuse scenes? never happened to me for playing a while
as of right now, i think they're broken or not implemented properly, if you're talking about the scenes that play mid-game. if you're referring to the random cutscenes i mentioned in the spoiler block, they can play at random when you choose to start the massage job. again, they have a random chance to play, and when they do, they replace that instance of the minigame, so when it ends, you can start the job again and see what happens. i've attached the requirements to start some of the cutscenes below:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Feedback on 0.14:

- I don't know what each tenet does. If not for the patch notes, I'd have no idea what a tenet even is.
- It was only by accident I discovered I could take actions when knocked down by pressing Space. Playing with mouse controls, there's no indication I can do anything besides skipping the turn until I can stand up.
- It's not clear how dodge works. Those stonescale lizards seem unhittable.
- Is there no keyboard support for selecting cards? And the hit detection for just selecting the cards with the mouse is very wonky, like there's only a specific area on the lower-left of the card where I can click to select it.
- Hovering over enemy names to see their arousal status is also janky. It shouldn't fade-in, in fact it should probably be displayed when hovering the cursor over the enemy itself.
- I've had a situation where MC gets knocked down and gets deadlocked with incoming stamina damage overtaking regeneration, so she can't stand up.
- Energy Reserves only draws 1 card, and even then it's very spammable for stamina fights since it doesn't end the turn.
- Yeesh, still no option to just turn off the VA separately from sound effects?

Last edited:

macrutt

Jun 5, 2017
I will say this: Holy fuck bro did you ever work hard on this version.

It's unclear how certain things work, certain things don't work, certain things work surprisingly well (suddenly I am rifling through items to use again). The little card illustrations add sequential life to the battles, which is interesting in that now Saria has the possibility of seeming less passive *in the art* if lewd choices are made.

Reactions: Beats9821
May 25, 2022
The new card system is really bad...
I was very excited for this update but the thing that made me more skeptical was the card system and at the end was the worst part indeed. Now the game is just pure RNG without strategy or control over the situation, the battle menu is unresponsive and the combat feels very slow and clunky.

I know that RPG turn combat is lame but there are better options than a card base combat. I really don't see how is this an improvement, I could say that is even a downgrade because the porn content depends heavily on the combat.

Oct 8, 2018
- which, on that note, also seems random. whether there's supposed to be on-screen information regarding the client's satisfaction is, again, unclear - you are spending the entirety of the minigame guessing what does what, what will happen next, and when your client just decides to piss off. i suspect this is an issue partly because the UI, in its current iteration, leaves much to be desired,
There is a brief less than a second long flash of text in top left after each action you make, that says whether or not the client liked the action you did. Nothing about overall satisfaction, aside from bodypart specific HP bars you're trying to deplete.

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
Definitely gonna wait for the bugs to subside... Perhaps another week? It has been 3 months so it's gonna be ok....> <

qwerty111222333

Jan 3, 2020
I knew I recognised the card system with 3 different damage types and 2 defence types from somewhere, those are the card borders and deck building system from Library of Ruina. Tenets are basically just the Pages from that system too.
If you're going to lean into the LoR Card System, I'd recommend stealing a bit more from LoR. I only played for about half an hour, so perhaps some of these are present deeper into the game.

1) Cards from each "source" usually have synergy with each other once you get out of The Tutorial Levels - for example, in the Urban Legend levels of LoR there's one source with the "theme" of Card Discard/Hand Size Matters, and at Urban Plague there's a Bleed Matters "theme"
2) Multi-hit cards - right now they don't offer much of a choice outside of when enemies telegraph a defensive move, while in LoR attacks can clash against each other so there's a tradeoff in doing one big swing, as the opposing 3 hit combo sneaks in the two stabs with no resistance.

As someone currently beating their head against the Urban Plague levels in LoR (man am I bad at deckbuilding), I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the card system gets refined.
I will echo the UI feedback above - mouse detection is wonky, you don't have UI feedback for why a Dodge is successful (For those who never played Ruina - Dodge is an all or nothing negate where the Dodge card wants to roll higher and repeats on success, don't play your multi-hit 1-3 damage cards into the lizards), and I had no idea that I could do anything while knocked down except pass turn until I read other posts here.

nickelpower

Jun 1, 2022
as of right now, i think they're broken or not implemented properly, if you're talking about the scenes that play mid-game. if you're referring to the random cutscenes i mentioned in the spoiler block, they can play at random when you choose to start the massage job. again, they have a random chance to play, and when they do, they replace that instance of the minigame, so when it ends, you can start the job again and see what happens. i've attached the requirements to start some of the cutscenes below:

nah i meant:
Hardcore Pose : Masseuse 69
Hardcore Pose : Masseuse Nuru
Hardcore Pose : Masseuse Cowgirl
so they are from battle not from masseuse mini game?

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes