VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Lady Luck

Aug 6, 2021
I feel like the card system has potential. it's enjoyable in it's own way, but it definitely has room for improvement.

uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Don't know what are u all quarrel about. There is literally no any system in current build. Just some outlines. It can become something interesting in the future...or not. For now, it just a bunch of 'abilities-drawn-as-cards' with almost no synergies.

I like that there is (almost) no rng abilities and battles feel (almost) non random-heavy if you play with small deck.

The most annoying random actions are actually come from the opponents. All that 'clit vs puss', 'ass vs anal' stuff.

Massage parlor feels like a complete rng mess, though.

Overall, the project feels like a threesome between `lisa the painful`, `karryn's prison` and wannabe `slay the spire`.

Never played pre-remake, so can't compare.
If some1 can share it, I'd be grateful.

Reactions: Inmoueid

money22

Jun 23, 2022
You know sometimes when you change the approach in terms of game design, you get backlashes.
I truly believe there is something to dig in when it comes to card games.
Definitely a lot still to be worked on in order to provide quality of life changes, that's not the issue.
There is in my opinion a way to create a middle ground between this card system and what people want.
Asking people what they want between a risky game-changer system with fear of it going poorly, or an alike RPG like many others you can find here and there, it always comes down to your (Velminth) opinion of how the game should look like.
It does not mean you should go against the flow of things.
Nevertheless, most great things have always started little and with resistance.
Feedbacks are important, for real, but please don't focus too much on what negative, dull, fearful, unconstructive people may believe the game should look like, otherwhise you are going either to remove damn lots of things and end up with a base game, or fall into despair believing no one likes the changes you've made.

Keep up the good work!

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I don't really blame him. He probably spent a lot of time designing and actually getting the card system to work only for people to say, "this dogsh1t mitake pls undo all work u jsut did :mad:".
That may well be true, but just becasue you spent a long time on something doesn't mean that it's good.
You can pour weeks of effort into a change that's a total net negative and rolling it back and 'wasting' all of that hard work is the right option.

People were saying when he first said that he was going to cards that it wasn't a good idea and that he shouldn't waste time on that.
I should know, because I was one of them.

Personally... I don't really have any strong feelings about the cards anymore?
Like, I really disliked the idea when it first came out.
I was worried about being stuck with RNG, but your deck is so small and your hand is so large (and you start with completely free 'draw more cards' cards) that drawing the card that you need is absolutely not an issue.

Also, lets not pretend that the regular turn-based combat was super deep either.
There sure were a lot of unlockable moves, but you got like 4 skillpoints throughout as much of the game as was playable, and most of the skills you could unlock were hardly better than the default attack (except anything that attacks multiple times in one turn, obviously, which were god tier and completely invalidated all other moves)

TLDR:
The card system is fine. Unlocking new cards by fighting monsters/bandits is pretty cool.
It limits your lewd options in each fight, since you can really only slot one or two lewd cards per deck but that just means that if you wanna focus on blowjobs for a while, you need to rebuild your deck for that.

The biggest problem currently is that it's buggy and that he hamhandedly tried to fold clit/anus bodyparts into pussy/ass, but didn't go all the way.

Enemies can still be interested in clit/anal action, but you have no way of actually forcing that interest onto them because you don't have cards for that.
There's still a separate corruption/action track for anal/clit actions, but you don't have an in-combat corruption bar or actions for that so you have no control over it.
Which leads to odd interactions.

Plus, the lack of initiation (sex stance) cards meant that players were taking a step back on what actions they could take.
The ability to force an enemy into a blowjob/titjob/sex stance was added in like v0.12 or something, but then v0.14 took it back out again because every tease action had to be implemented as a card and some of them weren't done yet.

It's understandable that he had a lot of work to do to make the cards for those moves and program them in, but people didn't like losing access to moves that lead directly to sexscenes.
That's very predictable.

Rather than going back to how it was before, it'd probably be more payoff for less work to just keep going in this direction.
The only way out it through, as they say.
Iron out the bugs, fix the logic problems and keep the cards.
Stop wasting time and energy on stuff like journo-mode and commit to the direction that you've chosen full force.

I would suggest undoing the combination of bodyparts tho.

There's so many pussy/clit and ass/anal interactions that folding them all together into 2 bodyparts instead of 4 would probably make it unwieldly.
Also, I have no interest at all in 'assjob' scenes, so i'd be kind of annoyed if I used ass taunts on an mob and got that instead of a proper assfucing scene.

Last edited:

The Imp

Aug 12, 2018
hi Velminth i am great user of steam and hentai games on steam, will this be on steam at some point when its closer to a finished state? :)

jimmydiddly

Nov 5, 2017
idk what issues other people have with the card vs rpg combat. the cards are nice to make it more unique but it just doesn't run as smoothly as I would like. There's also just small quality of life things that would make a better user experience imo. like if a card is targetted, currently when you click on the card and move the mouse to click on someone, the card goes back down so theres no visual indication that this card was selected to be used. sure this doesn't impede gameplay cuz u know what card u clicked, but visually it isn't engaging.

there's also just gameplay and balance issues with the current system that the old system didn't have. what is really frustrating is there doesn't seem to be a way to recover willpower or decrease pleasure in the current card system, but in the old system saria had moves to do these things. it takes such a long time to get any kind of H content going in a fight and by the time u do, her willpower is so low that the fight is over before u get to see much.

both systems also had the issue where u just couldnt restore willpower once any kind of H content was actually initiated. intended or not, i dont really like the lack of control the player has when the whole reason i let it get to that point was because i wanted to see it more of it. it's like by the time any kind of content actually starts, it's over seconds later.

I would vote for the card system but unfortunately that also means development time going into improving and balancing it over the rpgm combat where it's more streamlined and content could be released at a faster pace because the combat is like an afterthought. the card system gives the player far less control just because certain things aren't there like being able to increase saria's willpower, too many things give pleasure which just doubles down on her willpower disappearing, and balance issues that are just hard to design around. Like currently you just pick energy reserves and chomp and u just win against everything spamming 2 cards. Combat isn't any less trivial now than it was before.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DemonLord98

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
That may well be true, but just becasue you spent a long time on something doesn't mean that it's good.
You can pour weeks of effort into a change that's a total net negative and rolling it back and 'wasting' all of that hard work is the right option.
I never said otherwise. I'm just trying to express that maybe it's not a great or constructive idea to be a dickhead to the guy. Game development is complicated and almost always a messy process. There isn't a dev in the world gets everything right on the very first try.

Regardless, it's his project. He's free to do whatever he wants with it. What's considered a waste of time is completely up to him.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I never said otherwise.
and I never implied that you did.

I'm simply pointing out that having invested a bunch of time into something is no guarantee of it's actual quality.

It sucks to hear, but "You fucked up and make it worse, go back" is a legitimate criticism and sometimes those people are correct.

Personally I don't feel like there's much actual difference between the two modes and I'd rather the dev focus on ironing out the kinks and adding more content instead.

Mar 29, 2020
Look, you know, I've played my share of card games. And this has potential, but man. Haven't had a chance to upgrade/get new cards, and this time around when I get to that bandit leader, my hand ends up bricking. Like 6 turns of drawing and didn't pull one of those heal+draw 2 cards, just got stuck in a loop of, minor damage, dodge, minor damage, dodge, etc, until inevitable loss. Couldn't even gain enough stamina to stand up. And idk, when I played the original mode, this fight was completely a pushover...

Still, great artwork dev and I do like what you're trying to do.

Reactions: Fhinix

Martinsuki

Apr 26, 2017
Im really glad on what the game has become, i've tried it in a very early release and i've always wanted to see a more polished version. I get that some people might dislike the card and RNG gameplay but its really not that big of a deal, some bosses might be hard if you don't have a good build but that's the point of boss fights i hope. The only thing i would like to see implemented is a gallery of some sorts since these type of games tend to have a very wide variation of scenes

WooshyWashy69

Sep 4, 2023
Hello I'm new. Is there any information or on how the various combat mechanics function? How does dodging, block, might, corruption, and sensitivity work? Also how can I make the text/animations go faster so I can die and get soft-locked trying to stand up more times per minute?

Bask-0a

Formerly 'Chetti'
Nov 19, 2020
My Saria is a biological weapon, she never cleans the semen on her, she is just spreading STD here and there, and now it occurs to me to look for a game where you spread STDs, god I'm a sucking sicko.

Bask-0a

Formerly 'Chetti'
Nov 19, 2020
Is it normal that the card "Initiate blowjob" doesn't disappear after use?
Edit: Yeah, the card is buggy, doesn't add corruption and doesn't disappear. edit 2: Additionally, the enemy doesn't react any more after using it.

Last edited:
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes