VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes
May 27, 2019
I like the remade system so far, kind of also miss the open world aspect of the game but this format can be made to work as well. Combat is hard but it's all doable, though sometimes I'd walk into a fight with the Tickler at 1-4 rolling 6 Slash before I can use a card and dealing 12 damage to me for an instant kill. Getting one shot on your first turn before you can even act kind of sucks. Some other things I've noticed as well, there seems to be no way to see the mood percentage or how much Willpower Saria has left? It's not really an issue for the fights we have now but that's definitely something you'd want to know when playing in the future. Also while skipping through the scenes I somehow got a bug where the cum from the bandit loss scene got permanently attached to the screen during any part of the game that wasn't combat.

Also as far as I've seen for content:

Loss Scenes:
-Bandits, same for stages 1-1 and 1-3
-Drunkard 1-2
-Tickler 1-4
The art for these is reused from the previous game version

Other scenes:
-Cactus fellatio? A choice in 1-2 if you've gathered enough lewd passives
-Strip dance scene at 1-3 again if you have enough lewd passives
Both new art, the second one is real great.

Other:
For the passives I'm fairly sure you get them only from enemy lewd attacks and not battle defeats, best to turn on the 100% mood cheat and skip through a few battles. I've repeated them all a few times and there seems to be 1 for the Drunk, 3 from bandits and 2 from the Tickler.
Didn't see any new cards or Core Tenets that could be unlocked.

Overall it's nice to see that the game has a unique direction going for it, looking forward to the next update.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Is it just me or this new update a huge downgrade in terms of content? A lot of the previous scenes seem to be missing, such as the massage parlor.

Honestly I think the dev should have just stuck to the pre-card turn battle and metroidvania gameplay and just drawn more lewd stuff.

JUDAEL

Jul 8, 2017
it's a nice start.
With this method i guess things may goes faster,..the problem is.....
that its a start..so i think gonna see you later in a year or 2..

• Sad
Reactions: ChirzSenpai

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah I must say I don't really like this update.
I get that the dev maybe wanted to go for a more story driven game but I feel like cutting the exploration part was a big mistake because the locations were very beautiful and interesting to explore(the gneisenau and the underground area below it for example).
On the upside the combat system became more simple and polished but remained challenging.
Honestly I would have simply revamped the combat system while keeping the locations but if the dev still manages to create a good game more power to him.
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed though.

Dupson

Dec 15, 2018
Is it just me or this new update a huge downgrade in terms of content? A lot of the previous scenes seem to be missing, such as the massage parlor.

Honestly I think the dev should have just stuck to the pre-card turn battle and metroidvania gameplay and just drawn more lewd stuff.
Next update will be in month so if dev keep up the update speed we could get one of the best game on this site maybe even better than karryn's prison (which is my number one game)

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
New combat system confuses me.

So the attack they are performing if you perform the same attack it does more damage? Is that the same you recieve more damage in a stance too if they do that attack?

Also how does it work with other stances, it only show brief example.
Slash vs slash 2x
Slash vs stab 1x?
Slash vs club .75 or whatever?

So does it go stab stab > stab club > stab slash >
Club club > club slash > club stab?

smegmaboyo

Apr 16, 2019
Neat idea but it feels like we're back to 0.3 in terms of polish and content.
What's mood and how can I tell how much I have?
Is there any difference in losing via willpower vs 0 hp?
Is everything unlockable now? No exclusive paths (Pure/Slut) as there were before?
Why is this still in RPGM when it feels way more like a Ren'Py VN now?

Honestly a huge disappointment.

Kauffman

Jul 8, 2020
So, I dont really mind the complete remake, but right now? its just too short

Though I'm guessing with the new format, it should be easier to add more content into the game

(also some bugs, but better report it directly on the discord server)

Last edited:
Reactions: rasafip143
Sep 28, 2017
Very interesting update. You can see a lot of thinking has been done about restructuring the actual skeleton of the game, and I like a LOT of what is done here.

There can always be more content added, as each level could be redesigned to have an open world section that leads up to the encounters we are currently playing through.

I think the new card system is far superior to the previous (which was broken as hell).

My main concern is how is the dev going to handle the corruption/sex mechanics? That is my #1 concern.

Content can come later.

Reactions: DariusBlunderbuss
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes