VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

LordChiruChiru

Aug 1, 2017
Oof the remade game is ass. Went from a game with promise to a dime a dozen on rails visual novel. Should've just stuck with either the action oriented combat or the previous card system. Now its just boring and without promise. Really sucks because it looked like it had potential. Doesn't help that he's lashing out at any critics of the remade version.

Oct 28, 2021
The remade is not bad, just lacking content. If it has the same amount of content v0.15 has then no one would be complaining. Give the dev time
That is straight up false the gameplay was a big part of why people liked the game and now it's just all gone people are mad because Vel turned this from a really cool lewd RPG to just a run of the mill VN which are a dime a dozen unless the RPG and open world elements get added back in this game is gonna lose a lot of support. Vel is also apparently lashing out at critics which is not a good look and will also turn people away.

LordChiruChiru

Aug 1, 2017
The remade is not bad, just lacking content. If it has the same amount of content v0.15 has then no one would be complaining. Give the dev time
It really isn't about content. Its about the fact that this new rebuild of the game leaves almost no flexibility. Alot of people like the gameplay. The VN style doesn't have alot of milage. Plus it's hard to be understanding when he's just kinda nailing people to the wall for minor criticisms.

Reguna

Jun 1, 2017
That is straight up false the gameplay was a big part of why people liked the game and now it's just all gone people are mad because Vel turned this from a really cool lewd RPG to just a run of the mill VN which are a dime a dozen unless the RPG and open world elements get added back in this game is gonna lose a lot of support. Vel is also apparently lashing out at critics which is not a good look and will also turn people away.
You really liked the game because the "open-world" "gameplay" element? People liked this game because they liked the gameplay? Really? Is there even a lot of open-world-ness in v0.15? I have doubts about that.

I like this game because of the artstyle, not the gameplay itself. If the dev keep adding back CGs before the remake and add more new CGs on the way, then I will be satisfied.

Oct 28, 2021
You really liked the game because the "open-world" "gameplay" element? People liked this game because they liked the gameplay? Really? Is there even a lot of open-world-ness in v0.15? I have doubts about that.

I like this game because of the artstyle, not the gameplay itself. If the dev keep adding back CGs before the remake and add more new CGs on the way, then I will be satisfied.
Yeah have you not paid attention to what people are saying? That's the main complaint, a game should be fun to play same goes with H-games and it was fun but now it's just hold enter most of the time the card system isn't a terrible idea but going from an RPG to a VN when you built your games following off it being an RPG is a bad move and yes it was pretty big and open before with several areas to explore the areas and backgrounds were just as nice as the CGs Vel is a good artist that's for sure.

LordChiruChiru

Aug 1, 2017
I stuck around when he changed the combat to that card system because I still believed in the vision he had for the game but there is just nothing engaging about yet another hentai visual novel. There's about a million of them out there.

I'm pretty firm in believing that he has no idea what he wants this game to be at this point and has no gameplan. I would wager that this games development doesn't have alot of life left in it. There's nothing wrong with remaking a game from scratch when there is a necessity for it but there's no point when it's just the developer being finicky.

Oct 28, 2021
True hentai VNs are everywhere and I doubt they make much money for how simple they are looking on steam most are cheap the expensive ones are poorly reviewed and probably didn't sell well. There are exceptions though but they were VNs to begin with and not changed halfway through development.

However that said with all the changes and the inability to take criticism the way things are going this game may likely end up being abandoned sadly. :/

Reguna

Jun 1, 2017
Yeah have you not paid attention to what people are saying? That's the main complaint, a game should be fun to play same goes with H-games and it was fun but now it's just hold enter most of the time the card system isn't a terrible idea but going from an RPG to a VN when you built your games following off it being an RPG is a bad move and yes it was pretty big and open before with several areas to explore the areas and backgrounds were just as nice as the CGs Vel is a good artist that's for sure.
To me, the problem of this dev is he spent too much time revamping the game system instead of using this time to create content, draw more CGs, etc.. The gameplay itself matters much less than the content imo.
Hopefully this is the last time he make major change to the game system, and focus on pumping out content. This is what I want to see anyway

nickelpower

Jun 1, 2022
some people might already have said before me. Interesting format, but big downgrade in content terms...
see again in a few months i guess

jimmydiddly

Nov 5, 2017
To me, the problem of this dev is he spent too much time revamping the game system instead of using this time to create content, draw more CGs, etc.. The gameplay itself matters much less than the content imo.
Hopefully this is the last time he make major change to the game system, and focus on pumping out content. This is what I want to see anyway
theres actually a lot of content in the .15 version of the game. this update just gutted alot of it temporarily i think. theres also alot of new art in this version but its like the entire premise of what people wanted from this game got walked back on when it got turned into a VN. I'm sure the art from previous versions will be cannibalized as it's added back into the game via this new VN style. I personally really like the new standing art for Saria in .16 but I really wish the dev would find a middleground between this VN style and the previous RPG version that people liked.

nickelpower

Jun 1, 2022
also im not a patron, i dont give money to mister dev, so i cant blame or criticise him roughly. But as man who wishes him all the best at work and life, my little wise advice to him - bro, just take at least one day off from your development and overthink things please. In my honest opinion of random rtard, you have to find an equilibrium between what you want/want to create and what a public wants. A pleased crowd - maximised profit, its simple, i think where is no lie or doubt that one of the main goals is to earn some money from your game. Then a metroidvania exploration format + previous battle system were great and everyone seemed to enjoy. People were intrigued and interesting in, came here or there and started supporting you
Thank you, and wish you again all the best

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Safe to say if he's banning people on his hugbox discord we're likely not gonna see him posting in this thread anymore lol.
I dunno, last time he changed to the card update and was being a smug prick about it; was kinda funny. Maybe we'll have a repeat of that first.

Oct 8, 2018
Personally I can see this format being better than the previous wandering around in a mostly empty open world grinding same enemies to move forward. Makes it easier to have story and written CG scenes implemented, rather than the dynamic random incombat ones.
A lot of RPGmaker games IMO suffer from excessive amounts of mobs and walking big empty maps. This one did have gorgeous artwork for the world though.
Now, how will he reimplement the corruption and incombat sex and seduction, that is a question. Not to mention leveling, gear, deck building.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes