VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Serw23

Sep 19, 2022
To be honest, the new update causes two feelings.

On the one hand, it seems to be cool, but considering that there have been almost no updates since August, there is very little content in the redesigned version. And the game itself has really turned from a game into a visual novel.

On the other hand, one of the disadvantages is connected with this. If I was used to the card system and it was cool, then cutting off everything that was - to put it mildly, unpleasant. This is a very radical step and I hope the developer knows what he is doing. I will wait for updates in any case, but the game has dramatically changed its development vector. There are suspicions that it was because Karrin looked like a prison, but I think many people liked this idea the most.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
To be honest, the new update causes two feelings.

On the one hand, it seems to be cool, but considering that there have been almost no updates since August, there is very little content in the redesigned version. And the game itself has really turned from a game into a visual novel.

On the other hand, one of the disadvantages is connected with this. If I was used to the card system and it was cool, then cutting off everything that was - to put it mildly, unpleasant. This is a very radical step and I hope the developer knows what he is doing. I will wait for updates in any case, but the game has dramatically changed its development vector. There are suspicions that it was because Karrin looked like a prison, but I think many people liked this idea the most.
Yeah, this is suppose to be more of a skeleton for the new system with the next update in January to flesh it out with more focus on corruption, H-content, and a town.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Interesting approach for development. I'm eager to see more! Thank You, Velminth, for an update!

I catched one bug, where cum stains are transferred to other scenes on top of all images.

Reactions: ktazok

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Seriously peeps cooldown...
you're taking this as un update,....while it's clearly not..
This is a reboot,as you can see.
If this started with a new thread nothing would have happened.
I can't say i'm not disappointed of the choice, (since it will costs another 2-3 years of my life),but i still see a lot of potential in this anyway..
But that's exactly why people are concerned. In the adult games sphere, 'reboot's are almost always a death knell.

There was also nothing wrong with what the game was before, so as someone who actually for once decided to support a game I liked, I'm kind of pissed.

Last edited:

Morgelen

Oct 30, 2021
Catering to everything your backers want is a good financial move but a terrible creative one, that being said I'm going to have to agree that this update is a complete mess. The card update was implemented bit clunky, but I understand wanting to step away from generic RPGM and I definitely didn't hate the system, but now one major update later and the game is completely revamped again, tons of content is removed, and the miniscule amount of content that IS there now is an unbalanced and bland mess. Ultimately the dev can do what they want, but I'm extremely disappointed with the direction this is taking and –based solely on the dev's response to this criticism– that we'll be seeing another headstone at the WEG graveyard.

Reactions: Monteo

Xiblis

Aug 10, 2020
Instead of getting on forums and arguing with people unhappy with your inability to stick to a single cohesive vision for your game and changing it every six months into something fewer and fewer people want to play, how about you stick to what you attest to be good at and make your goddamn game, because with the rate this is going, this entire game, and you as a result, REEK of the same stench that YandereDev puts off.

A complete and utter inability to deliver a product that people actually want to play, continuing to drip-feed content at an unsustainable rate while at the same time making major, sweeping changes to the game's mechanics that NOBODY but yourself asked for, all while continuing to make nearly $1,500 a month off of your almost 800 patreon backers who bafflingly PAY you to continue to jerk them around with your inability to focus on a single vision for a project.

I played every single build of this game up until you introduced the half-assed card system, at which point I simply stopped playing, and now you're changing the entirety of the game AGAIN to the extent that even your patreon backers are displeased. So do everyone here a favor for the holiday season, and either roll back the changes to either the original turn-based RPG mechanics, create a more fleshed out version of the card system that doesn't play like ass, or just do what you clearly want to do and abandon this project for something else and stop wasting everyone's time, and your backers money.

The minute you started taking money and donations for this project is the minute you opened yourself up to harsh criticism, so stop acting like a petulant child, pull the stick out of your ass, the pacifier from your mouth, and do your job.
Are you paying? Do others force the backers to pay? If you dont like his vision dont support him, as simple as it is. He is the game dev, he adds the mechanics he wants. He takes the risk for it, he puts its time into it. He is not wasting anyones time, you are wasting your own. End of Story.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Are you paying? Do others force the backers to pay? If you dont like his vision dont support him, as simple as it is. He is the game dev, he adds the mechanics he wants. He takes the risk for it, he puts its time into it. He is not wasting anyones time, you are wasting your own. End of Story.
Look anon, that's not relevant, people are free to discuss a product both positively and negatively here. If you want a filtered discussion without negativity then consider joining his discord. He placed his product out in a public so he's getting public opinions.

johnnytwohats

Sep 12, 2017
Tbh from playing past versions and this new one. The rebrand or remake just feels like a lot of the soul got taken out of the game. The exploration made the game feel a little more unique and stand out. Same with the massage parlor and interacting with different people. The new update just feels like "fast forward text, fight, intentionally lose for sex scene and then go back and win." Which alot of generic other games do. The other versions helped the game stand out but with this rebrand it feels like now it'll just get lost in the monotony of other games. I can see why people are upset at others for torching the game with a lot of piss and vinegar. But I can see how it would be really disheartening to be excited for an update for something your really looking forward to and it's turned into something bland and generic. Not that going overboard with being upset is an excuse. My two cents at least.

blackdraft

Jul 5, 2018
to follow the games, the saddest thing with this latest update is that A LOT of old hentai drawings for the combat scenes or the massage for example were purely deleted from the games, I find that these are a waste of time and money. money from the people who finance, so sad. These games had potential but changing everything about this is a mistake for me. at worst make 2 different games why not, but here these are just starting from 0 a game which was nevertheless progressing well

Reactions: Monteo

Alteis

Sep 26, 2019
Hmm, my first actual post.

It's just a pity when "too many cooks spoil the broth", really.

Everybody wants to be funded for doing things. Everybody wants to be acknowledged. Everybody wants feedback.
But modern world is like we want everything 5 seconds ago. Fastfooding everything before its even warm in the oven. There are times when that's good, but increasingly it making lots of things go worse. And the overworld was bare because its alpha. So what? Things would get added eventually.

pre-13.1 was okay. Somewhat Typical RPGM, but seriously its RPGM, and its not like it didn't have its unique twist that worked. Basicly just add a fastforward-on-press (like, Ctrl?) button in combat and it's perfectly workable.

And then 14&15. It turned into a different game. I don't like it either, but I could live with it. If 1.0 was done this way though maybe I'll be fine with it, but till now I already expected what I looked for and what I wanted, so suddenly flipping everything around ain't gonna fit right with a lot of people. Plus, subjectively speaking the card thing was really kinda in the way compare to the old way, so... Openworld whatever. I have no opinion there. It's fine, but maybe that'd take too much effort for one guy? That can really burn whoever doing it out.

Maybe 16 was the creator fed up with the BS and literally flipping everyone off by flipping everything around again? I know its barebone and everything would be added in, but... It just feels like a waste of something that was perfectly fine in the first place. Like seeing a perfectly fine chocolate cake suddenly getting a 2nd layer made of overly sticky licorice, and then a 3rd layer that was Fishcake.

RPG --> Semi-CCG --> Adv/CCG. I came here for the first one. I am not sure I wanna stay for the 3rd one. I mean I might as well wait for someone to do a CG-rip at this point?

Does that have to do with too much customer-side BS? Most people seemed to be fine with things in the first place, so just listen to a few really vocal guy and then getting pissed so much that it turned out like this... That's why creating anything is hard, especially nowadays.

I would want 13.1 style back, but I guess I don't have a say there.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes