VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
At one point in time, I had a lot of faith in this guy. However, the development is starting to remind me of past projects that I used to assist with. A nasty habit that some devs have is never really being happy with their groundwork. They'll finish part A, start on B, plan out C, but then circle back to redo A, which makes B obsolete, and C an even more distant dream. Sometimes they never break out of this cycle. Work is being done, sure, but none of it is pushing the game forward.

cruiser221

Mar 24, 2019
Eh, I think the new game looks really good. I was sure I wouldn't enjoy a VN but he's done a really good job stylizing it. As far as battlefuck goes - I think it is okay for every game to not be Karryn's prison, the new battle system is definitely more interesting but I think it needs a whole bunch of tooltips and explanations before I feel like I'm just groping around in the dark. I am not sure how they'll implement H-scenes without making it feel like gallery unlocker game-play but we'll see what the dev does.

EDIT: I think its important to add that though battlefuck was really hot, thematically it might not always mesh well with the game's themes - which might be why the dev removed it? I think its fair to reserve judgement before we see what the dev is actually intending for the game to come out as
I mean bro battlefuck was a part of this game since a long time ago. Like sure I agree not every game has to be Karryn's Prison, but it's been a fuck ton of versions where this was basically the main sex content in the game. Hell I'm pretty sure back then the plan WAS adding battlefuck. I really don't like this sudden change where BF was removed when it was a really big part of the content for this long. Either way that version of the game's dead :(.

Also regarding how it fits thematically, SR was basically a strong lone warrior that gets corrupted over time. As time goes on, she gets more corrupted and perverted, but even if she loses from time to time, she still gets the job done. She's still a woman that takes care of the job, just a shit ton more perverted. Besides, even if she's a pervert, you can still kill the guys and not make them cum. I think it still fits well enough.

Edit: Also as a guy above pointed out, the RPG exploration was cool.

DarkWerr

Feb 4, 2018
From a fun mechanic and rather ample rpg system (even for a beta) to a generic vn card game. This dev clearly needs a manager for all this decision making... I guess the people that will still support this game don't care for the system and the dev said but more for the art, because that's all there's now.

My honest reaction after reading some of the things the dev said to some supporters and what they did to the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

theess12

Mar 14, 2021
We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! you had fans. you had a patreon. you had everything you needed, and it all ran like clockwork. You could've shut your mouth, programed and made as much money as you ever needed. It was perfect. But, no, you just had to blow it up. You and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man. If you'd done your job, known your place, we'd all be fine right now.

Sorin_Gimp87

Sep 25, 2023
I'm not saying the game was on track to being a money printer, but if Vel put in the same level of love and care the dev's for "Future Fragments" did, his life would have been a lot easier. But, He would have had to get other people involved in the project and project work can be a nightmare at times.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I am totally lost in this game now as to what to even do. (Was hard before to grasp, but now is like a total Mind fuck)

Jul 1, 2018
You want version 15.2 actually, it's on itch.io
It had a whole first Chapter complete with actual H-mechanics and decent chunk of content, could've used a small update to properly conclude things in the city before Vel moved on into this remake. In fact bizarre he hasn't, this remake should've just been a sequel with 15.2 being a prequel. All the pieces were there and it would work wonderfully to introduce the new important NPC from current build and completely avoid any and all drama you see here.
Ok 15.2 it is, but is the H content past the groping stage? As in full on sex scenes?

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Eh, I think the new game looks really good. I was sure I wouldn't enjoy a VN but he's done a really good job stylizing it. As far as battlefuck goes - I think it is okay for every game to not be Karryn's prison, the new battle system is definitely more interesting but I think it needs a whole bunch of tooltips and explanations before I feel like I'm just groping around in the dark. I am not sure how they'll implement H-scenes without making it feel like gallery unlocker game-play but we'll see what the dev does.

EDIT: I think its important to add that though battlefuck was really hot, thematically it might not always mesh well with the game's themes - which might be why the dev removed it? I think its fair to reserve judgement before we see what the dev is actually intending for the game to come out as
You know, it actually wasn't as bad as it seemed to be made out here. It seemed pretty clear for a while the game was not well done in terms of balancing/systems and frankly felt sorta lost and clunky in what it was trying to do, so I can understand trying a new approach. That said, I think the issue is less the game as it's been remade and more that they remade it and completely changed everything after like 3 years of development, seemingly without any care as to how it would be received. Personally I was kinda looking forward to discount Karryn's Prison in the desert but oh well.

cruiser221

Mar 24, 2019
You know, it actually wasn't as bad as it seemed to be made out here. It seemed pretty clear for a while the game was not well done in terms of balancing/systems and frankly felt sorta lost and clunky in what it was trying to do, so I can understand trying a new approach. That said, I think the issue is less the game as it's been remade and more that they remade it and completely changed everything after like 3 years of development, seemingly without any care as to how it would be received. Personally I was kinda looking forward to discount Karryn's Prison in the desert but oh well.
Honestly yeah, if it came out like this, as a VN with really good art, I'd be completely down. But damn near everything about the game was abandoned and made into this mess. It's just really confusing for me as to how tf this even happened. Worst part is it's back to a buggy mess like it was so long ago haia

BlackMamba21

Jan 21, 2020
Nice update, i like the part where i cant beat Oskar the Drunk no matter what option i take cause his damage suddenly skyrockets before i can even heal myself

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes