VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

maismuffin

Jun 19, 2023
History of this game:

<= v0.13

Everything went smoothly, game was fun and had potential

v0.14
Trashed combat system to card battles. Noone really liked that and reviews went down to 3.5 stars.

v0.16
"I remade the game from scratch"

I expect this to be Abandoned soon :sneaky:

Update: Reviews are at 2.5 stars now....

Last edited:

Nanapower

Jun 15, 2018
I wont deny that older version were already good and had some proper battle system and flow !
But people that pay him vote to be card battle vn game ! So hope when i visit it next time to have
Proper flow and good battle system again ! I have seen good card games after all !
I have seen bad games strating and turned into master piece and good games turned into forgoten crap !

Nanapower

Jun 15, 2018
History of this game:

< v0.13

Everything went smoothly, game was fun and had potential
v0.14
Trashed combat system to card battles. Noone really liked that and reviews went down to 3 stars.
v0.16
"I remade the game from scratch"

I expect this to be Abandoned soon :sneaky:
again people that pay him voted to be like that ! Everyone liked already progressed game but who are we to judge the power of money

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
No animations in the future? I just genuinely don't know.
What about actual corruption system, battle-fuck, actual gameplay? Mediocre card game can be fixed, maybe?
Open-world is cool if there is something to do, no?
For now, none of that. After receiving a lot of criticism, Vel decided to implement something that combines elements from both the old and new versions of the game in the future. He even added this plan to his Trello board as an explanation. However, he later deleted it, and from what I understand, the game will remain in its current form.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
For now, none of that. After receiving a lot of criticism, Vel decided to implement something that combines elements from both the old and new versions of the game in the future. He even added this plan to his Trello board as an explanation. However, he later deleted it, and from what I understand, the game will remain in its current form.
So, long story short, no point in keeping this game on my watch list after this whole 'rework' debacle since there seems to be no hope of it returning to the old genre?

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Oh, so it really is one of those devs that gets over ambitious (I figured that out when they added SO MANY DIFFERENT EROGENOUS ZONES), gets bored when they realize the mess they've gotten their ass into, decides to change everything to make things easier on themselves, people get (rightly) pissed from the bait and switch so dev spazzes out on everyone. This is most likely to lead to a few eventualities: keep milking 'supporters' for years on end, drop off the face of the planet all together while leaving the game in a state of either 'Oh-Hold' or 'Abandoned', start working on a separate game with this system/genre they now want to do while simultaneously saying they also intend to work on this game as well, or just bum rush the current game to a 'completed' state just to [move on to the next thing/disappear]. This is why I don't monetarily support games that aren't even close to a ver 0.7 at the most while also having a decent track record on numbers/updates, no point is risking my cash on something so early when there's been a slew of games that went down this same route and burned down harder than the Hindenberg.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
Rudest developer ever :LUL:
So I was right after all, I just can't not respect him after this shit, honestly. But being rude after... that's excessive.

Amazing argument for why you should never, ever pay for patreon and such. You can't know what you're getting, when you're getting it or if you're getting it at all.
But is he full-time dev tho? I just want to prove a point by this conversation and this one.

Reactions: Dyhart
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes