VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Lmao, all of you got your rights and shits in supporting this "Turned To Shit Game" and the rest of us also got the rights to voice out our opinion that the game has turned to complete shit... Truly, wasted potential and my hopes, miniscule as it was after the card game revamp, shattered.

GamerRoman

Jun 22, 2019
That doesn't really sound good for a game after a year of development that said the current system is fine, sure the current game is easy and I lost nearly all tension after finding out just how easy it actually is but at least I can progress nevertheless.
Looks like I called it right that something like this was gonna happen less than a year ago.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Maybe cause game on steam and steam usualy don`t allow to have more than one "In progress" projects.
?

I didn't see it on Steam less it is under another name, the only thing on Steam with Saria Reclaimed is a crappy wallpaper that someone else did for Wallpaper Engine in Workshop.

amaranta

Jun 26, 2020
?

I didn't see it on Steam less it is under another name, the only thing on Steam with Saria Reclaimed is a crappy wallpaper that someone else did for Wallpaper Engine in Workshop.
Thats why i say "maybe". I don`t really know, but i know a thing that can be possible reason of switching genre. Don`t like to repeatly blame dev of mindless and, actualy, moronic behavior.

Ironclad

Jun 10, 2018
yeah, wasted my time looking forward to a decent game just to find out the dev is a childish moron
Many such cases.
So the game got turned into a VN and not even the Dommy Mommy at the new start helped the case, i guess
She came off as pretty even keeled and supportive. Saria on the other hand sounded like Altair at the beginning of Assassin's Creed dismissing getting his entire squad killed. I bet if Vel played that recently we'd get a similar cutscene to start the game, or if he watched Cobra we'd get a "turn your badge in!" scene.

Regin1

Jul 29, 2019
Vel I doubt you look at these since you constantly shit talk f95 in merchant chat and everywhere else but .16 was a flop, go back to when people enjoyed the game if you want to maintain the base you have. This is NOT like the introduction to card mechanics this will kill the fan base.
- Former Saria Fiend

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
I wonder if there's are report function on patreon if product turns being a fraud? He literally deceived his backers.
No. As much as people (myself included) are disappointed in the change in direction, he did not literally deceive his backers. I have no previous archived version of his patreon, but it states that any backing will simply support any direction he chooses. He never gave patrons any meaningful influence over the project, nor did he ever handcuff himself to any promise on what "Saria Reclaimed" stood for, other than sexy blue hair tan tomboy (even that could be up in the air). Saria Reclaimed is only described as a lewd game.

I like calling out fraud as much as the next guy, but this ain't it. Don't overuse that label and make it meaningless. Save it for actually fraudulent/scummy projects. There are so many there's no need to catch innocents in the crossfire.

In the meanwhile. Keep a copy of 0.15 and play that for now. I am here to crank my piston, it is still a great game for that. I will be waiting for CG rips once the VN gets enough content.

Another possibly great thing would be to ask Velminth to release the project files of Saria RPGclaimed, so there could be maybe a community revival project, if he really doesn't care for it anymore. I would hate to see it shelved forever.

BlackWyvern

Jan 13, 2022
I wonder if there's are report function on patreon if product turns being a fraud? He literally deceived his backers.
Yeah not really possible, you have to majorly screw up as creator to fall outside the guidelines.
The changes he made fall within (taken from the Report content page on patreon) "For example, if you are unhappy with the quality of what a creator has produced or the direction their new work is taking, please contact them to discuss the issue via messages."

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Anyone got screenies of the dev acting childish/not taking criticism well? All I see are people that insinuate that, no concrete evidence.

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
No. As much as people (myself included) are disappointed in the change in direction, he did not literally deceive his backers. I have no previous archived version of his patreon, but it states that any backing will simply support any direction he chooses. He never gave patrons any meaningful influence over the project, nor did he ever handcuff himself to any promise on what "Saria Reclaimed" stood for, other than sexy blue hair tan tomboy (even that could be up in the air). Saria Reclaimed is only described as a lewd game.

I like calling out fraud as much as the next guy, but this ain't it. Don't overuse that label and make it meaningless. Save it for actually fraudulent/scummy projects. There are so many there's no need to catch innocents in the crossfire.

In the meanwhile. Keep a copy of 0.15 and play that for now. I am here to crank my piston, it is still a great game for that. I will be waiting for CG rips once the VN gets enough content.

Another possibly great thing would be to ask Velminth to release the project files of Saria RPGclaimed, so there could be maybe a community revival project, if he really doesn't care for it anymore. I would hate to see it shelved forever.
I doubt the dev would do that cause "gives no shit" what people want or ask no matter how much money involved.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, I saw that post. Was hoping for more. It really doesn't scream a pattern of unwilling to accept criticism to me (I was expecting massive ban waves or him flipping out). It only looks like he doesn't want to cede any development decisions to his fans. As the first couple of comments when the new version dropped have stated, he is not making this for the money. He clearly cares very little about the game's financial success.
Perhaps it is purely a pursuit of passion

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes