VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

gabblegobble

Jul 4, 2018
Other then Karryns Prison is there any other games like what this used to be?
From what I've seen/read the dev is a bit of a cunt & the remake made this boring as hell.
The arts good so Ill just look it up once the game gets abandoned
Anyone suggest games that are similar to the previous version? (before the card stuff)

Reactions: foriifyrh

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Other then Karryns Prison is there any other games like what this used to be?
From what I've seen/read the dev is a bit of a cunt & the remake made this boring as hell.
The arts good so Ill just look it up once the game gets abandoned
Anyone suggest games that are similar to the previous version? (before the card stuff)
Lisa, just looking at Lisa you can see how it's more than a major inspiration from the start. Even now, with major revisions, Lisa's DNA is undeniable.

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
By Lisa, are you guys talking about this game? https://f95zone.to/threads/lisa-v2-853-palegrass.86725/

Cause I'm not going to lie, while there's a million screenshots, none of them seem to show gameplay, the 3d art is atrocious (high quality in terms of fidelity, but the style is awful) and the description makes zero effort to describe how the game itself actually plays. On top of that, even looking at some reviews there's like no mention of gameplay, other than hints of it being a sandboxy VN...which is pretty much as far from Karryn's Prison or the old Saria Reclaimed as you can get tbh.

Nov 14, 2020
By Lisa, are you guys talking about this game? https://f95zone.to/threads/lisa-v2-853-palegrass.86725/

Cause I'm not going to lie, while there's a million screenshots, none of them seem to show gameplay, the 3d art is atrocious (high quality in terms of fidelity, but the style is awful) and the description makes zero effort to describe how the game itself actually plays. On top of that, even looking at some reviews there's like no mention of gameplay, other than hints of it being a sandboxy VN...which is pretty much as far from Karryn's Prison or the old Saria Reclaimed as you can get tbh.
They're referring to LISA: The Painful/Joyful.

Reactions: Frostfire281

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I've been glancing at this game for some time now because the artwork looks incredible, but do i understand it correctly?

Two patches ago this was a very grindy combat focused RPG with very little story.
Last patch it was a rogue-like card battle game.
Now it is a visual novel in RPGM?

I never got far into the older versions and i haven't tried the new one to form an opinion, but if i understand it correctly, this has got to be one of the wildest series of swinging directions i've ever seen.

Reactions: zazazaku

The_Thiccness

May 20, 2022
My guy, his patreon was created for his art in general. If you go to his about page there, it hints that it has at least existed since 2019. The game was first released in 2022. The patreon is not for the game. And seeing as he's willing to make these kinds of radical unpopular changes, clearly patreon income from the game is not a priority.
You can want to pursue a passion free from the financial motive but still appreciate people throwing dollars your way. They are not mutually exclusive.
Why create a patreon if he has no need for the donations and doing it for the joy of what it is? Why not just stick with the hosting platform and why create a game that you plan to sell once complete? Why not, make the game free for life? Over 99% of his donations/followers came after the first sights of his game. Yes he's free to do as he pleases but those who support him and his game are rightfully upset about drastic game changes. If I gave you apples for an apple pie then took away the apples and gave you avocados to be used for the apple pie you wouldn't be happy about it even though both are fruits. Why did he change his direction of the game entirely after 2 years of support? If he didn't care about the communities ideas why did he post most of his polls on the patreon within the last 6 months? Clearly he likes the attention and money, who doesn't like be appreciated for their work financially and fame.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
What's the CN mod?
It's the Chinese Mod, that modifies + adds a ton of (erotic) stuff and makes the game even more interesting + challenging.

Usually it's always been kind of a hassle, because you first had to get the Chinese version, copy over the Chinese mod and then patch it with the English patch from ULMF. But right now you can just grab a pretty recent fully patched version on here, thanks to YokoSan:

https://f95zone.to/threads/magical-...ra-workshop-kagura-games.116302/post-11878172

Sep 28, 2017
Before I add to the list, just a quick heads up:
There are a ton of games, that are in the vicinity of all the mentioned games, that I like, but might feel too far removed from something like Karryn's Prison, ergo games like Caliross, Liz, Claire's Quest, The Agnietta, Naked Ambition, The Queendom of Lithzena etc., then there are the tons of pretty good games, that just get too samey too quickly for my taste - or that can only be found in the Translation part of F95 for a reason :p):

Light-Space Love (it's still not very content rich and long in the tooth, but it's Karryn's ambitions are clear):
https://f95zone.to/threads/light-space-love-v0-43-halftilt.127735/

Succulence (play it for some time and you'll see, why it's not just a simple "Find the CGs" game, but goes pretty wide + deep):
https://f95zone.to/threads/succulence-v2-5-ae-r-nest.6339/

Magical Girl Celesphonia (try its CN Mod, if you liked the Vanilla experience):
https://f95zone.to/threads/magical-girl-celesphonia-v1-07-shimobashira-workshop-kagura-games.116302/

Sarah of the Rotation Cut:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rj155863-sarah-of-the-rotation-cut-v2-2-1-translation-v2-3-5.7676/

Corruption Town (kinda like Karryn's Bar mini game with some story attached):
https://f95zone.to/threads/corruption-town-v0-3g-boredbasmati.168818/

Succum Brewery (same as above, but with a few more light RPG elements; I really like it, but it still has a long way to go):
https://f95zone.to/threads/succum-brewery-v0-2-9-6a-limejuicegames.134566/

Mature Quest (it's intentionally old school and kinda long in the tooth, but it's got the right idea):
https://f95zone.to/threads/mature-quest-v1-1-t-soft.1214/

Star Knightess Aura (one of the games I've supported via Patreon. It's really great in its tech, its mechanics and its RPG elements - I'm just not a fan of its type of corruption - not because it's slow and sparse, which doesn't bother me - but because I don't like turning the protag into a dummy):
https://f95zone.to/threads/star-knightess-aura-v0-38-0-aura-dev.76764/

Ashley the Pirate (it's a tad stale for me, but a lot of people seem to really like it):
https://f95zone.to/threads/ashley-the-pirate-v0-5-0-1-yioruyioru.58083/

One last addition:
Some of these games really benefit from realtime upscaling with something like Magpie (I like to combo Anime4K UL + Jinc, don't forget to change the preset accordingly and then set it as the default):
What is that Sarah of the Rotation Cut game? Any screenshots? Trying to figure if worth investing time to install.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
What is that Sarah of the Rotation Cut game? Any screenshots? Trying to figure if worth investing time to install.
It's a deep corruption game with exploration + fighting with clothes damage, touching and fucking.
Out of the similar bunch of games like Sangeki of Gear, Rhode's Fortress etc. it's considered the best when it comes to the corruption part (battle-wise SoG and RsF have more "interesting" mechanics, though).

The dlsite screenshots are pretty small, but I guess it's better than nothing:

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Why create a patreon if he has no need for the donations and doing it for the joy of what it is?
You can want to pursue a passion free from the financial motive but still appreciate people throwing dollars your way. They are not mutually exclusive.

Why not just stick with the hosting platform and why create a game that you plan to sell once complete? Why not, make the game free for life?

Over 99% of his donations/followers came after the first sights of his game. Yes he's free to do as he pleases but those who support him and his game are rightfully upset about drastic game changes. If I gave you apples for an apple pie then took away the apples and gave you avocados to be used for the apple pie you wouldn't be happy about it even though both are fruits.
I don't know about that. I agree that he is free to do as he pleases. Your analogy needs a bit more to flesh it out to this context. I would say it's something closer to:
You were making apple pie, and then people decided to pay you for apple pies every month. You graciously accept, but say you're not here to make pie for their tastes, and will not be listening to feedback. You just want to cook something with apples. Eventually, you switch up the recipe and decide you want to make apple crumble. Some people complain, some people stay cause it's good apple crumble. Then, you decide to switch it up completely and make apple roasted turkey. Nearly everyone dislikes it, so many leave.
Whether or not his donations came from the game, he clearly isn't letting it affect what he wants to do. I am not happy about the new direction, and that means I will walk away from supporting something I don't like.
There's no sense in attacking the author. It's not going to lead anywhere. Venting is great here, but it's also time to move on. As I've said before, appreciate what came out, download whatever version was your favourite for posterity, play that and stop supporting him until he releases something else you like. Then consider his track record and whether or not you should support him. Acting like the supporters are entitled to something is what I don't understand. I would say you can make that case against a creator that had explicitly promised a very specific concept then changed it, but in this case it's not applicable.

Why did he change his direction of the game entirely after 2 years of support? If he didn't care about the communities ideas why did he post most of his polls on the patreon within the last 6 months?
Look man, you can not want your vision compromised by patron/supporter suggestions and still ask them for opinions every now and then. He doesn't want to make the game his supporters want. Doesn't mean he can't ask for feedback.

Clearly he likes the attention and money, who doesn't like be appreciated for their work financially and fame.
I'm glad we agree. Great talking to you

Last edited:

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023

Look man, you can not want your vision compromised by patron/supporter suggestions and still ask them for opinions every now and then. He doesn't want to make the game his supporters want. Doesn't mean he can't ask for feedback.
So, you just justifying his actions and saying that people who's money he was gladly accepting up until that point are now dirt-equivalent and that he never cared about money in the first place (which is in fact are hypocritical crap).

And no - you can't ask for opinions if you stated that you don't want any influence on your work from the outside cause it's another layer of hypocrisy.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
It's a deep corruption game with exploration + fighting with clothes damage, touching and fucking.
Out of the similar bunch of games like Sangeki of Gear, Rhode's Fortress etc. it's considered the best when it comes to the corruption part (battle-wise SoG and RsF have more "interesting" mechanics, though).

The dlsite screenshots are pretty small, but I guess it's better than nothing:
It's a nice game, and love the battle mechanics but there are points where the story feels thin and unfinished. Especially near the end.

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
Hil I'v been playing this game since first versions, and here is my review about 0.16.

It's almost a totally different game, but using the previous one CG.

Good Things:
·You cannot longer get lost in the maps.
·Bosses have special moves
·Combat system is funny

Bad Things:
·It's too much lineal. Can't make any choice (going to A or B).
·Can't find the Arousal levels of the parts (mouth, tits..) don't know if it will be added later, never, or is already but i can't find it.
·Very little Content. I was expecting to find almost all cgi from last version (humans, troglodites, etc).

So... Waiting for the new release. I won't complaint. It's a nice (new) game :D

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes