VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
I'll take out the mentally deficient post-stroke essay part and implement the good advice, aka merging the right click and arrow menu.
Ahhh, my review may sound harsh but it's because I genuinely believe you CAN do better. I do not doubt your skills because while yes, I did harp on the foundation at its core it's still an RLY good foundation it's just what's built upon it needs restructuring.

It just feels as though YOUR scope is bigger than what the game can be. Hard to explain but as this clearly takes KP inspiration it feels as though YOUR ideas don't mesh well with the gameplay. Many systems that don't feel needed ya know?

I am rooting for u and ur success.

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
It's alright at the end of the day just chill with the essays lul, I know I don't see eye to eye with a lot of people here about how X and Y should be, some things I agree with and am working on, others, par example Saria taking half the screen up I like personally so I'll never concede on.

Also angry emoji
w.png

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017
ppl thought Elden Ring UI was bad lmao this takes the cake for sure.
uh? As far as i can remember the only people throwing shit at the UI in ER were companies like Ubisoft which are notorious for cluttering their UI with garbage like tips and the occasional pop up telling you to hold a key to be taken to the store.
Why does Saria take up a 3rd of the screen???
it's a... H game? the high light is the FMC and her sweaty abs and big meaty thighs, you are playing this to see that, unless you'd rather have a render of Oskar the Drunk instead.
Not to mention WHY is the perk tree and passive system hidden in a DIFFERENT menu that isn't opened by using a key but having to move my mouse to the left side of my screen nd click a up arrow...
the whole perk tree is unfinished as far as i can tell and you can only get 2 perk points either way i think, so no big deal here.

The one thing i do agree on is how this game is also a slog to play just like Karryn, i mean im still going to play it but im going to complain while doing so. At least the dev had enough mercy as to include a cheat function so its all good.
I also do wish there was a mechanic to make it so that enemies focus down on one area of Saria's body, like rubbing lotion or something in order to grind that body part instead of relying in RNG.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
The one thing i do agree on is how this game is also a slog to play just like Karryn, i mean im still going to play it but im going to complain while doing so. At least the dev had enough mercy as to include a cheat function so its all good.
I also do wish there was a mechanic to make it so that enemies focus down on one area of Saria's body, like rubbing lotion or something in order to grind that body part instead of relying in RNG.
It'll probably feel better once there's more areas and content in general, people forget how long it took KP to get to any actual penetration. I do feel like the dev has kind of shot themselves in the foot trying to introduce a scene for every body part at once while also having more targetable body parts in general, unless he plans to restrict certain enemies to specific body parts it feels like it'll be a massive pain trying to see the scenes you want and that's ignoring the amout of art they'll need for every variation.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
the devs, understand, they criticize because the game really has problems, visually and art looks good, but the gameplay is very bad so far, you can’t just take and create gameplay on your knee, take a an example some game as a basis, for example final fantasy or dragon quest, I would also recommended making hot keys here.
1662068613017.png 1662068667894.png

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
It's alright at the end of the day just chill with the essays lul, I know I don't see eye to eye with a lot of people here about how X and Y should be, some things I agree with and am working on, others, par example Saria taking half the screen up I like personally so I'll never concede on.

Also angry emoji
View attachment 2019145
While I appreciate the view, Saria's portrait does interfere with navigation, so I hope you'll consider how to implement that a little better.

Reactions: drone4of2

Jugg337

Formerly 'JuggM'
Jul 4, 2017
You guys should try devving your own games for once, then you would see the headache you're handing over and think about your criticism.

Complain about a feature, dev spends hours implementing it to be optional, only for you to complain again, all while being condescending.

It's a game in early development, take it easy.

CharacterDump

Mar 15, 2018
Cool game and all, but holy shit does it need a speed up key

Also lots of criticism here, I think the game is genuinely pretty good right now

Last edited:

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
You guys should try devving your own games for once, then you would see the headache you're handing over and think about your criticism.

Complain about a feature, dev spends hours implementing it to be optional, only for you to complain again, all while being condescending.

It's a game in early development, take it easy.
I wouldn't think anything I said is entirely unreasonable, and is simply my thoughts on the matter. I don't have much to say about the rest of the game yet, because it seems fine.
It's just the combat feels really jank and clunky, and not in a like, Deadly Premonition endearing kind of way.

thelolkat

Feb 4, 2019
I reckon I explored all content here (I got 3 dead ends) Looks fucking great, a proper KP successor and with really good art to boot! I got this error "

TypeError
Cannot read property 'note' of null
"
when fighting some of the enemies, I had it happen 3x when fighting enemies while knocked prone and I think? it's related to taking a hit that would knock you down when you're already on the floor awaiting the sex.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes