VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Volxie

Sep 7, 2019
I mean, I don't get the "it's a pirate site" argument, this has been dealt with to death. A lot of 'pirates' only 'pirate' literally because toxic backhanded shiz like this is so common, games release broken and unfinished, and demos are so rare.

I myself pirate everything at first, but if the game actually releases in a complete state and I like it, then I buy it. If I don't, then no one loses anything. I wouldn't have played it anyway because I don't like it and now I don't lose my doubloons just to find that out... I also don't like the idea of spending $300 over 10 years or whatever for a game that might never come out that will cost $15 at release...

And anyone who actually pirate-pirates your game never would have bought it anyway, so you lose nothing, but have the potential to gain organic orbital sells through world of mouth, because even pirates usually join in the game's discourse.

That was why the suppressed UK research into pirating found pirating wasn't only non-harmful, it could actually be beneficial in some cases.
Bro, you're preaching to the choir here. I just did a thing called playing the devil's advocate.

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! you had fans. you had a patreon. you had everything you needed, and it all ran like clockwork. You could've shut your mouth, programed and made as much money as you ever needed. It was perfect. But, no, you just had to blow it up. You and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man. If you'd done your job, known your place, we'd all be fine right now.
Planet of the scams.jpg

W_31-93

May 8, 2018
I went through a few pages and skimmed, so correct me if I'm wrong. This guy essentially took his golden goose, the one that had nice customization and exploration and turned it into a Visual Novel hold shift kind of game that lacked necessary UI panels? And then despite the obvious horrible decision doubled down despite backlash? And also the response to backlash on the official discord was to ban people? And to also add insult to injury the main system that drew me to this (battle fuck) is actually something the dev dislikes? What the hell is going to happen to all the cut-ins and such?

Please tell me there's an archive somewhere with older versions because this game has been on my watchlist since it's inception. The title music itself had ahold of me when I first listened to it. The complete change in direction is both disingenuous and downright astonishing. There was greatness to be had!

K115

Jun 3, 2018
Holy crap and here I was waiting for the Karryn's Prison style gameplay to be fully completed with sexual skills and all (played 0.2 or 0.3 I'm not too sure, it was super early) since the art was breathtakingly good and Saria's design was so unique and hot. I waited so much to the point I wasn't even checking this anymore. Yet today my inbox was blown up by reviews for this current version. I was like "holy fuck did Saria Reclaimed get good enough to be reviewed this much?"

Hooo boi was I not prepared to see THIS disaster

Last edited:

OogaBoogaBoo

Oct 16, 2016
I went through a few pages and skimmed, so correct me if I'm wrong. This guy essentially took his golden goose, the one that had nice customization and exploration and turned it into a Visual Novel hold shift kind of game that lacked necessary UI panels? And then despite the obvious horrible decision doubled down despite backlash? And also the response to backlash on the official discord was to ban people? And to also add insult to injury the main system that drew me to this (battle fuck) is actually something the dev dislikes? What the hell is going to happen to all the cut-ins and such?

Please tell me there's an archive somewhere with older versions because this game has been on my watchlist since it's inception. The title music itself had ahold of me when I first listened to it. The complete change in direction is both disingenuous and downright astonishing. There was greatness to be had!
Someone posted the .15.2 a few pages back. It also might still be on the itch.io? Idk. Fucking wild the changes that have been made.

Iblis2150

Sep 14, 2017
It's actually wild that the dev made people pay 2~ years for the development of the game, just to scrap most of it and turn it into an entirely different experience.

Hell, there's nothing wrong with making an VN, but it's a fact that the game would've gotten a lot less initial support, if the game was always advertised as an VN, because there's already a billion other h-games that fill that oversaturated type of game.

It's really a sad reminder that you can't trust even the most promising looking games in early access.

I guess there's probably still people either coping or just not checking their subscriptions, but even though the art is nice and all, I wouldn't trust this dev ever again with my money.

Who knows if in a year the game will turn from an VN into one of those 20min puzzle games that knock of candy crush.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I feel I gotta point out that a recent DLC gave you the option to actually reduce her boobage.
Wait, for reals? Like, real-reals?

ww.jpg

Now I got to go back and play the game again, lol. Hopefully it's a substantial reduction. I can usually tolerate "unusually big" but man like I said, maybe ~70% of her body weight is in her breasts.

I have the game on Steam so I guess I'll go see if I can find the DLC.

EDIT:

Motherfer, you deceived me. Your choice in breast size is either asteroids or meteors.

Last edited:

GolChimmera

Oct 29, 2017
I don't entirely hate the new direction, but I will miss the old vision for the game.
I personally do not believe I have any right to be mad about the changes, Velminth wants to do something different so I see no reason why he can't. I feel bad for the people that paid to support the original vision, but that is about it.

But I will certainly miss the original vision. The universe this game was presented interested me WAY more than Karyn's Prison ever did at all, and its combat was pretty fun. At the very least the art will probably remain as hot as its been, and with the reduced workload of the original vision; I hope to see unique scenes for everything we fight.

Doponuts

Jun 4, 2017
I was so hyped when I saw there was an update, I had a genuine smile on my face. Saw it was remade but I was like "Oh no...But maybe it's not what i think". As I played the light slowly left my eyes as I watched a massacre unfold before me. Now I'm just sitting here disappointed,confused and sad.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Damn, I was one of the players here to see this game get launched and fell in love with the game. At the time, I wanted to support this game but decided not to, due to the... Incidents of games like these. So glad I didn't give money since the game is just...
look-how-they-massacred-my-boy-meme.gif

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Wait, for reals? Like, real-reals?

View attachment 3251595

Now I got to go back and play the game again, lol. Hopefully it's a substantial reduction. I can usually tolerate "unusually big" but man like I said, maybe ~70% of her body weight is in her breasts.

I have the game on Steam so I guess I'll go see if I can find the DLC.

EDIT:

Motherfer, you deceived me. Your choice in breast size is either asteroids or meteors.
Hey, I said you could reduce them. I never said how much ;) Also, I think he's working on an option to make them even bigger.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
I don't entirely hate the new direction, but I will miss the old vision for the game.
I personally do not believe I have any right to be mad about the changes, Velminth wants to do something different so I see no reason why he can't. I feel bad for the people that paid to support the original vision, but that is about it.

But I will certainly miss the original vision. The universe this game was presented interested me WAY more than Karyn's Prison ever did at all, and its combat was pretty fun. At the very least the art will probably remain as hot as its been, and with the reduced workload of the original vision; I hope to see unique scenes for everything we fight.
I just finished the game and don't understand the problem and why people are angry and review-bombing at all. This game now have a direction and I like it. Yes, now it's more like a demo in terms of content but he will add same amount really fast i believe because it's already partly done.

I didn't miss it at all. Previous versions didn't make ANY SENSE, it wasn't even close to Karryn's prison. Combat was divided in 2 parts for no reason (but i didn't check this game for a long time) and gameplay was like: you go and complete a game without any problem and after that you go and lose on purpose to see H (bad game design) - but now it's all solved, yes it's clunky but have direction.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I just finished the game and don't understand the problem and why people are angry and review-bombing at all. This game now have a direction and I like it. Yes, now it's more like a demo in terms of content but he will add same amount really fast i believe because it's already partly done.

I didn't miss it at all. Previous versions didn't make ANY SENSE, it wasn't even close to Karryn's prison. Combat was divided in 2 parts for no reason (but i didn't check this game for a long time) and gameplay was like: you go and complete a game without any problem and after that you go and lose on purpose to see H (bad game design) - but now it's all solved, yes it's clunky but have direction.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that there's direction, it's way too early to know for sure. Unless you're mistaking an inherently linear format for narrative and interactive direction, which is not the same.

We will see if he has a direction or yet another seed that doesn't sprout and just gets replaced by something else... Valid points on the previous version of the game, but if anything that really should only increase concerns for the new one since the very fact he flipped the table at random really only further proves he continues to be aimless.

It feels and looks like it was done on whim, not with careful and lengthy planning he eased his supporters into by explaining his thought process and WHY he thinks this will be a BETTER choice (longterm, that is).

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes