Kirikare

Oct 2, 2020
As someone who loves yanderes, she's really laying it on too thick too quick. Like there's no buildup, no her trying to hide her shady shit from you, she just bursts right out of the dam all crazy. Dunno, would much prefer it feeling more earned rather than thrust in your face.

Reactions: くもり空

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This has the potential to be really great, the girl is absolutely gorgeous and I love the idea of 'taming' a yandere. It would be amazing if instead of just being her lover or her plaything, one could also be her dom, like when she can't help herself from breaking the rules he sets down, he disciplines her and brings her crazy side under control that way. She does keep on saying she'll do anything, after all.
The downsides though; it's a poor design decision IMO to lock scenes behind not doing anything with her, it would be better if those triggered randomly (progressive random, to ensure they do trigger) and then gave the player a choice how to react that would determine how they would influence her development.
Also, him perpetually insisting that they can't do anything is pretty weak, it barely makes sense on the love route, it doesn't make any at all if you're not trying to rein in her crazy side. And I say barely because even wanting to take it slowly, he's taking it ridiculously slowly. The 'gameplay' portion is without a doubt the weakest part of the game, the VN portion before it is much better.

Last edited:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
As someone who loves yanderes, she's really laying it on too thick too quick. Like there's no buildup, no her trying to hide her shady shit from you, she just bursts right out of the dam all crazy. Dunno, would much prefer it feeling more earned rather than thrust in your face.
That's what I like about her to be honest. It's obvious that the girl needs help and that the instant she saw the opportunity she jumped on it with all her might to the point of derangement.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Also, him perpetually insisting that they can't do anything is pretty weak, it barely makes sense on the love route, it doesn't make any at all if you're not trying to rein in her crazy side. And I say barely because even wanting to take it slowly, he's taking it ridiculously slowly. The 'gameplay' portion is without a doubt the weakest part of the game, the VN portion before it is much better.
I didn't play the latest version or two but I played the initial couple and honestly it made perfect sense to me. I mean, look at the situation from the MC perspective. The kid is in love with this girl and thus wants whats best for her. But he also wants her for him self, obviously. So he confesses prepared for either a normal relationship or normal rejection. But thing don't go either of those ways. Instead:

1. The girl is crazy. Proper crazy. Do you want to stick your dick in that? But he can't just break it off now. He loves her. And she is crazy. So the best he can do is stall and try to figure things out at his own pace.

2. The girl is clearly trying to get away from something. What? We don't know. But the way she does not want the MC to meet her parents speaks volumes. And maybe she actually is in love. But is she in love with you or with the escape you represent?

3. The girl is clearly desperately trying to use sex to bind you to her and essentially buy her way into your home. Now that is something some of us might accept. But would someone that loves her accept that? I think not. He would want her to give her self to him not because she thinks she has to but because she feels she wants to. Love and not desperation.

At the end of the day sleeping with this girl is very much a Faustian bargain. Yes you get sex, but you pay for that by doing something frankly scummy and immoral, exploiting this girl and reciprocally accepting a psycho madwoman into your home for ever or until she decides you don't love her any more and nobody else can have you if she can't.

Or you can take the love route and try to rehabilitate her, help her and be there for her, like a person in love would even if you miss out on the sex and perhaps lose her at the end.

So to me, realistically the love route should only have sex at the end as a good ending. Where as the obsession route should be all about sex but with a bad ending.

Kirikare

Oct 2, 2020
That's what I like about her to be honest. It's obvious that the girl needs help and that the instant she saw the opportunity she jumped on it with all her might to the point of derangement.
It's not that I mind her being insane. It's that she's apparently aware of how publicly unacceptable her feelings were and managed to keep a lid on it. She should've had some cracks instantly forming when he asked her out and her feelings turned to reality but to instantly drop everything feels a little too easy. Needed more subtlety.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
It's not that I mind her being insane. It's that she's apparently aware of how publicly unacceptable her feelings were and managed to keep a lid on it. She should've had some cracks instantly forming when he asked her out and her feelings turned to reality but to instantly drop everything feels a little too easy. Needed more subtlety.
But if you were the MC she definitively would look insane. And the game is called Yandere so we know she isn't right in the head.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I didn't play the latest version or two but I played the initial couple and honestly it made perfect sense to me. I mean, look at the situation from the MC perspective. The kid is in love with this girl and thus wants whats best for her. But he also wants her for him self, obviously. So he confesses prepared for either a normal relationship or normal rejection. But thing don't go either of those ways. Instead:

1. The girl is crazy. Proper crazy. Do you want to stick your dick in that? But he can't just break it off now. He loves her. And she is crazy. So the best he can do is stall and try to figure things out at his own pace.

2. The girl is clearly trying to get away from something. What? We don't know. But the way she does not want the MC to meet her parents speaks volumes. And maybe she actually is in love. But is she in love with you or with the escape you represent?

3. The girl is clearly desperately trying to use sex to bind you to her and essentially buy her way into your home. Now that is something some of us might accept. But would someone that loves her accept that? I think not. He would want her to give her self to him not because she thinks she has to but because she feels she wants to. Love and not desperation.

At the end of the day sleeping with this girl is very much a Faustian bargain. Yes you get sex, but you pay for that by doing something frankly scummy and immoral, exploiting this girl and reciprocally accepting a psycho madwoman into your home for ever or until she decides you don't love her any more and nobody else can have you if she can't.

Or you can take the love route and try to rehabilitate her, help her and be there for her, like a person in love would even if you miss out on the sex and perhaps lose her at the end.

So to me, realistically the love route should only have sex at the end as a good ending. Where as the obsession route should be all about sex but with a bad ending.
I think you're taking it way too seriously. It's a grindfest that brings down what was up until that point an excellent story. If you were as concerned as all that about whether it's OK to get intimate with a girl who is literally begging for it, you wouldn't be doing anything with her - except that the game explicitly tells us that not doing anything with her is the bad choice.

ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Message to complaints:

I appreciate constructive criticism, it makes me be able to fix things about my games that people don't like.

However a good amount of criticism on here seems to only exist because the game is in early development.

About the sandbox:

You have to be a little patient when a game is in it's third release. Things like "It's a grind" are only an issue because I'm one man, and can't add all the features I want to add. The sandbox portion of the game is only a grind at the moment because of that reason, I'd like the sandbox to feel like a place where you build your relationship up, that adds bonus content to the main story. But like I said, right now it just looks like it's a way to advance the plot by doing handjob 7 times, that problem only exists because it's early in development. It won't stay that way. That's why this criticism I can't really take into account, because it's something that only exists because I haven't added everything I wanted to add in yet.

You can just not like the fact there is a sandbox mode, but to be honest with you, I don't think I would be able to make a game without it. I'm not the best story writer in the world, and sandbox mode makes it so I am able to satisfy a couple key story elements. The sandbox allows me to add scenes that won't really fit alongside a story. They are small scenes that are self contained, that don't add anything to the story other then building a relationship between two people. I.E. Apron Scene, Shower scene, etc.

The sandbox also allows me to add things like Outfits, Personality changes, unique scenes that change, etc.

So please understand that any "Grinding" is only there as a result of "You have to start somewhere".

Maybe someday I will add a VN only mode, where you can just skip all those features, but right now there just isn't enough content for that.

About story complaints:

Let's be honest, a yandere that throws herself at you, most of us are going to accept it right away, and have sex right away, and let her do whatever we want right away. So when a game creates a yandere, and you find you can't have sex like that right away, even though she's super willing, some people will immediately be upset and say the game sucks. That's what the one star reviews pretty much say about this game. I understand where that's coming from, it's why my other game is more popular. It's a pure sex game with very simplified story, and it's designed to be that way. You go around picking up girls and bring them into your harem. That's pretty much the heart of that game. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I just wanted to make a different game that wasn't just about pure sex. Sure eventually the obsessive route, it could follow more in line with that, but right now it's just too early, I haven't had enough time to implement something like that yet. People complaining that the main character is going too slow, is a valid complaint and it's something I'm trying to figure out on how to do it correctly, it just has to be balanced enough to where it's not too fast.

So just let the story progress a little before jumping to certain conclusions. Just be aware it's a game that starts from a beginning point instead of giving everything you want right away. For example, you might think the main character is a bit of a wimp for not jumping on her immediately, but it's a story where characters are supposed to change depending on your choices. Right now it's too early for you to see any of those changes. Most likely I'll add options for you to play like that, but stuff like that takes time.

I hope this gives people a little better understanding, Criticism helps me a lot, when it's not just "The game is retarness" - Great one star review by Sesinho

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I think you're taking it way too seriously. It's a grindfest that brings down what was up until that point an excellent story. If you were as concerned as all that about whether it's OK to get intimate with a girl who is literally begging for it, you wouldn't be doing anything with her - except that the game explicitly tells us that not doing anything with her is the bad choice.
Of course I am taking it seriously. We are discussing the plot of a game. The plot or story is something to be taken seriously. If you just want to fap without thinking there is nothing wrong with that but than don't go into a game with plot where the creator is clearly trying to push for something more VN like.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You can just not like the fact there is a sandbox mode, but to be honest with you, I don't think I would be able to make a game without it. I'm not the best story writer in the world, and sandbox mode makes it so I am able to satisfy a couple key story elements. The sandbox allows me to add scenes that won't really fit alongside a story. They are small scenes that are self contained, that don't add anything to the story other then building a relationship between two people. I.E. Apron Scene, Shower scene, etc.
I don't know about others but I didn't say I don't like it because it's a sandbox, I said I don't like it because it's a grindfest. These two things are not the same, I play a lot of sandbox games with little to no grind. It's all very well saying we can't judge it because it's early on, but what is there now is all that we can judge. And what's there now is extremely grindy, not because it's a sandbox, but because we have to do the exact same thing like ten times in a row to advance. One thing that you never want is for the sex scenes to feel like a chore, which currently they do since they are required for progress and are basically the same every time. Adding more story scenes won't help any if we still have to grind handjobs to get them. The apron scene for example was good, but it should have been on like day 2 or 3 not day 7, and it shouldn't require grinding to activate.
Let's be honest, a yandere that throws herself at you, most of us are going to accept it right away, and have sex right away, and let her do whatever we want right away. So when a game creates a yandere, and you find you can't have sex like that right away, even though she's super willing, some people will immediately be upset and say the game sucks. That's what the one star reviews pretty much say about this game. I understand where that's coming from, it's why my other game is more popular. It's a pure sex game with very simplified story, and it's designed to be that way. You go around picking up girls and bring them into your harem. That's pretty much the heart of that game. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I just wanted to make a different game that wasn't just about pure sex. Sure eventually the obsessive route, it could follow more in line with that, but right now it's just too early, I haven't had enough time to implement something like that yet. People complaining that the main character is going too slow, is a valid complaint and it's something I'm trying to figure out on how to do it correctly, it just has to be balanced enough to where it's not too fast.
For me, I don't think there's anything wrong with him holding off a little bit, and I certainly don't want the game to be just sex. But like I said, a big problem there is that if he feels like having sex with her would be taking advantage of her, he shouldn't be getting blowjobs from her either. Personally I don't feel that way, I'd say that after a few days or so getting used to her living with him (this is the part that is totally missing right now; they're living together for a week and all we learn about them is that she likes giving him handjobs?) let her have what she wants, though he needs to stay in control of the situation unlike when he lets her jump him as soon as she arrives – since she has trouble controlling herself he needs to have a firm hand with her until she learns to. The way it is now is the worst of both worlds, it goes directly from her moving in straight to sex acts with no story, but it's limited to only handjobs even though she wants to do more. Starting with handjobs then moving on to blowjobs etc. is really clichéd, and here we don't even have the excuse that that's all she feels comfortable doing yet.

I'd say the biggest problem isn't that there's little content yet – game is new, nothing to be ashamed of there – but that what content that is there is being stretched out with the grind to make the game appear longer than it really is, and that's bad. Adding more scenes to the end makes it worse, adding more scenes to the earlier parts would make it better, but not fix the structural problem that progress is triggered by grinding.
I apologise if I'm not expressing myself too well here, I'm trying to cover a lot of different points and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. I just see a game that could be amazing or dull as hell depending on which way it goes, and if I can help it become the former by giving constructive criticism I want to do so.

ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
I'd say the biggest problem isn't that there's little content yet – game is new, nothing to be ashamed of there – but that what content that is there is being stretched out with the grind to make the game appear longer than it really is, and that's bad. Adding more scenes to the end makes it worse, adding more scenes to the earlier parts would make it better, but not fix the structural problem that progress is triggered by grinding.
I apologise if I'm not expressing myself too well here, I'm trying to cover a lot of different points and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. I just see a game that could be amazing or dull as hell depending on which way it goes, and if I can help it become the former by giving constructive criticism I want to do so.
My above statement was to all the complaints so far, not to you exactly.

But as I said, "Grindfest" only exists because I have to start somewhere, so all your points are just going to go away, once the game has been developed enough. The only reason it's attached to the handjobs, is simply because I have nothing else to replace it yet, I.E "Have to start somewhere". Constructive criticism is good, but you kind of have to accept that the developer has accepted that criticism lol. I agree the services shouldn't feel like a chore, but until I develop the features more, it's what has to do for now until said features are added to replace it.

I appreciate your efforts to try to help the game however, so thank you for that. Hopefully it becomes something worth playing.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
never knew this game even existed until today...ive played BOTH versions of public sex life (one of his public sex life games got an update today and THIS game was linked there)looking forward to giving this game a try
hope there will be pregnancy later on down the road??

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
So I haven't actually gotten to playing the game yet but then the game ask me if I want to change the yandere names and I think yeah sure I'll... Oh her name is already Sakura? Well cool...

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
My above statement was to all the complaints so far, not to you exactly.

But as I said, "Grindfest" only exists because I have to start somewhere, so all your points are just going to go away, once the game has been developed enough. The only reason it's attached to the handjobs, is simply because I have nothing else to replace it yet, I.E "Have to start somewhere". Constructive criticism is good, but you kind of have to accept that the developer has accepted that criticism lol. I agree the services shouldn't feel like a chore, but until I develop the features more, it's what has to do for now until said features are added to replace it.

I appreciate your efforts to try to help the game however, so thank you for that. Hopefully it becomes something worth playing.
Hopefully the grind gets evened out once Chat and Dates become more of a thing. Not sure what you have planned for the Locked options.

Anyway keep doing what you do :cool:

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Looks pretty interesting. I'll watch it and come back in a few updates when the game is working more like the dev intended. I'm not a huge fan of grinds anyway, and grinds that are in a placeholder state truly won't work for me. So -- I'll keep an eye out, and once the game is working as intended I'll be happy to give it a shot. (BTW, nice job on the previous game, both versions of it. I look forward to this game getting up to your standards so I can give it a whirl!)

blobmaneatsme

Nov 10, 2017
possible bug/ mistake? i don't know how to categorise this

loading gallery crashes game with error missing gui/Lock.png

once i placed a .png with that name in Game/gui gallery loaded up fine

so it's just missing the picture
might just be a wonky upload

other than that interesting game, kind of lacking substance in the freeform part because you can't talk or do anything other than sex and then end day but hopefully that should improve once the other things you can do in the day are added.
also the double check before skipping to the next day is a bit awkward, perhaps a don't remind me again button in the menu

also one of the ui elements is lingering in the scenes as seen in the attached image, can't help with that one unfortunately

best of luck with the game

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes