Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
My thoughts and prayers go to your partner's dad. Hopefully he will be able to recover. Do not stress about the game, there are things in life that are much more important.
Thank you so much for your good wishes and thoughts :D .I told him that nothing is more important than health and family so that he can focus on his father's health and family's well being. This is one of the hardest times of his life but he is holding up pretty good so far.

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
Some signatures:
Savior-00.gif Savior-01.gif Savior-02.gif
Savior-03.gif
Links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/07/742130_Savior-00.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/07/742132_Savior-01.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/07/742133_Savior-02.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/07/742137_Savior-03.gif

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Hey, it's been a while! Sorry, we've been dealing with personal family issues. Unfortunately, my partner's father has been diagnosed with cancer. It's been a really hard time for us, especially for my partner, who is the renderer/animator. He's had to take over doing the work at his father's shop in his father's absence while working on the game as much as he is able to. It's been like this for the last 3 weeks. We're sending v0.4 out for proofreading soon, and then it will be out shortly thereafter. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.
I was just about to type in some curiosity in how long the next update was taking, then I saw Purple Fella's post about his partner's father going through cancer, in which I sincerely feel for you both on that one, then saw someone doing the absolute minimum by saying the phrase "Thoughts and prayers", a phrase that I wholeheartedly hate.
I will tell you two guys this, my mother fought through something called acute myeloid leukemia, which is a cancer of the bone marrow, and had to hold her hand through what could possibly be the most painful procedure next to straight out torturing someone...spinal taps.
Not just once in her lifetime, no a daily procedure that's like digging a knife past every barrier and form of armor, deep into your soul, while she felt them extracting some.
She always wanted to go on a whale cruise, one that they could witness them close enough to touch, which she was fortunate enough to be able to do, it was like they were swarming her boat out of all others because they knew.
We lost her 272 days into her treatment, which was exactly 9 months, but she had support throughout from start to finish, which it sounds like your partner's father has as well.
This is never something anyone in their right mind wants to happen, but the cycle must continue, she came from the earth, then returned to it just the same.
I am sure your partner's father is a strong man, and I see not only does he has some strong support, but you are also supporting one another through this, I encourage you to just be there for him since even talking with him will mean more than you can currently imagine...trust me on that one.
I hope for his speedy recovery since we are seeing more and more patients go into remission as better treatments are being implemented regularly, and keep your heads up.

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
I was just about to type in some curiosity in how long the next update was taking, then I saw Purple Fella's post about his partner's father going through cancer, in which I sincerely feel for you both on that one, then saw someone doing the absolute minimum by saying the phrase "Thoughts and prayers", a phrase that I wholeheartedly hate.
I will tell you two guys this, my mother fought through something called acute myeloid leukemia, which is a cancer of the bone marrow, and had to hold her hand through what could possibly be the most painful procedure next to straight out torturing someone...spinal taps.
Not just once in her lifetime, no a daily procedure that's like digging a knife past every barrier and form of armor, deep into your soul, while she felt them extracting some.
She always wanted to go on a whale cruise, one that they could witness them close enough to touch, which she was fortunate enough to be able to do, it was like they were swarming her boat out of all others because they knew.
We lost her 272 days into her treatment, which was exactly 9 months, but she had support throughout from start to finish, which it sounds like your partner's father has as well.
This is never something anyone in their right mind wants to happen, but the cycle must continue, she came from the earth, then returned to it just the same.
I am sure your partner's father is a strong man, and I see not only does he has some strong support, but you are also supporting one another through this, I encourage you to just be there for him since even talking with him will mean more than you can currently imagine...trust me on that one.
I hope for his speedy recovery since we are seeing more and more patients go into remission as better treatments are being implemented regularly, and keep your heads up.
My aunt suffered from cancer last year I witnessed every struggle and the hard time she faced and it was really hard. You want to help and do more but honestly, there are not so much you can do other than giving the person moral support. She won her battle but she still suffers from the after-effects of her treatment. Luckily, my partner's father's cancer at an early stage and we found out before it was too late so his treatment process won't be as hard as we expected but it still will be hard. I'm sorry about your mother and I thank you for your comment. As you said, I'm doing my best to support my partner. He is not just my partner, he is also my friend and one of the nicest person I've ever met. Thanks to this game, I gain a life long friend that I will always want to have in my life and I will keep helping him with everything I can. To be honest I was hesitant about sharing this info with you guys and patrons we have. Then I realized that he needs every possible support he can get and I'm more than sure that every comment and good thoughts shared by you guys will give him the strength while facing this hard time.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
My aunt suffered from cancer last year I witnessed every struggle and the hard time she faced and it was really hard. You want to help and do more but honestly, there are not so much you can do other than giving the person moral support. She won her battle but she still suffers from the after-effects of her treatment. Luckily, my partner's father's cancer at an early stage and we found out before it was too late so his treatment process won't be as hard as we expected but it still will be hard. I'm sorry about your mother and I thank you for your comment. As you said, I'm doing my best to support my partner. He is not just my partner, he is also my friend and one of the nicest person I've ever met. Thanks to this game, I gain a life long friend that I will always want to have in my life and I will keep helping him with everything I can. To be honest I was hesitant about sharing this info with you guys and patrons we have. Then I realized that he needs every possible support he can get and I'm more than sure that every comment and good thoughts shared by you guys will give him the strength while facing this hard time.
It is like you said, sometimes all you can do for a person IS give them moral support, to be there for them, to make SURE they know they aren't in this war alone.
It meant the world to my mother, so much that she didn't even need to say it, though she did anyway.
That's why I will always tell my brothers I love them, every time I talk to them directly.
I never know when MY last day might be.
You are lucky to have found so much in one individual, which makes your bond even stronger.
A decade ago I would have been envious, now I am merely proud that I can see happiness in others.
As for not wanting us to know of your plight, you set many minds at ease by notifying us, patrions that expect regular updates, and players who enjoy the incredible story you are weaving, so never be afraid to speak your mind, since everyone reading these posts are capable of great understanding and compassion, you will see this soon enough...if you haven't already.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Purple Fellas

RustyRug

May 27, 2020
That's a terrible situation you are going through and I hope he has a fast recovery. The least I can do is say that we (as a community) want you to focus on helping your loved one through these difficult times and don't worry even for a second about getting out the update soon. Take your time we'll be here when you are able to get out the update.

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Hey, it's been a while! Sorry, we've been dealing with personal family issues. Unfortunately, my partner's father has been diagnosed with cancer. It's been a really hard time for us, especially for my partner, who is the renderer/animator. He's had to take over doing the work at his father's shop in his father's absence while working on the game as much as he is able to. It's been like this for the last 3 weeks. We're sending v0.4 out for proofreading soon, and then it will be out shortly thereafter. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.
I wish both of you the strength to support your partner's father (and also each other) and hope for a successful treatment and a speedy recovery. I lost my father-in-law to metastatic prostate cancer because it was diagnosed too late. Him fighting a losing battle, feeling sorry for burdening his friends and family with it... (I may have to revisit this when I'm in another mood)

Anyways, congratulations on being featured. Without it I probably would've missed out on a very promising game. I do like the story and the renders but I am most intrigued by the relationship chart. Or rather what it's lower side is hinting at. :giggle:

I did encounter some spelling mistakes while playing and ended up compiling a list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, they've probably been fixed already and if not you still may want to run the list by Ozel as I'm a non-native speaker and bound to get it all wrong myself.

I wish you all the best!

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
I wish both of you the strength to support your partner's father (and also each other) and hope for a successful treatment and a speedy recovery. I lost my father-in-law to metastatic prostate cancer because it was diagnosed too late. Him fighting a losing battle, feeling sorry for burdening his friends and family with it... (I may have to revisit this when I'm in another mood)

Anyways, congratulations on being featured. Without it I probably would've missed out on a very promising game. I do like the story and the renders but I am most intrigued by the relationship chart. Or rather what it's lower side is hinting at. :giggle:

I did encounter some spelling mistakes while playing and ended up compiling a list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, they've probably been fixed already and if not you still may want to run the list by Ozel as I'm a non-native speaker and bound to get it all wrong myself.

I wish you all the best!
I already do proofreading for PF, though I'm only human, I've missed a few things. I'll do my best to improve. :)

If you think you're way better then by all means, talk to PF about taking over for me as proof reader. :p

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I already do proofreading for PF, though I'm only human, I've missed a few things. I'll do my best to improve. :)

If you think you're way better then by all means, talk to PF about taking over for me as proof reader. :p
Apologies for my poor phrasing. I wasn't trying to bad mouth your work or insinuate that I could've done better. If anything I merely meant to complement your work. Seeing as I'm not a native speaker and with you doing proofreading for them, I felt it best to have you cross check my findings. Hence me pinging you.

I apologize again for coming across as a smug bastard and do hope my intentions are a bit clearer now.

Reactions: Ozel

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
I suck at this stuff... Wellness and strength for your family in this harsh times. Hoping for the best result. Be strong for them.

Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Apologies for my poor phrasing. I wasn't trying to bad mouth your work or insinuate that I could've done better. If anything I merely meant to complement your work. Seeing as I'm not a native speaker and with you doing proofreading for them, I felt it best to have you cross check my findings. Hence me pinging you.

I apologize again for coming across as a smug bastard and do hope my intentions are a bit clearer now.
It's fine, I was just kidding around. I thought the emojis I used made that evident, but I guess not. My mistake. :LOL:

Anyway, glad you enjoy the game. I'll be going over older parts of the script again to make fixes whenever PF sends me v0.4 to go over. :D

Reactions: Hordragg
3.80 star(s) 132 Votes