YoloCrayolo21

Dec 31, 2017
So, am I the only one having problems starting the game? It says something about Xaudio2 not being able to initialize, so if any of yall could help me I would be very happy lmao

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Whats new in this update some major or just minor changes
From the vndb page.

"Newly remastered and updated for Windows 10 and beyond. This new version includes:

* New Game Engine
* Higher Quality Image Resolution
* Improved Translation by the original translator
* Better System Compatibility with Windows 10 "

Resolution is listed with 1280x960p which goes via launcher even higher if you want to, just know that it remains in 4:3 in any case. Also doesn't seem to have windows borderless mode.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Written by Urobuchi Gen.
UROBUCHI GEN.
I'm in.
Its one of his earliest work, this game came out in 2003. So its cool that they advertise with his name, but in the end this game came way before fate zero and the like.

Caiin

Jan 20, 2019
When you download the remaster Game do you need the extra or not?
Depends where the remaster came from I believe. Steams version has some cuts to the remastered content. The JAST Remaster from their own website does not have content cuts. Just for confusions sake, JAST also sells a steam patch for $5.00 to add the cut content back into your steam version. All that said, H scenes feel kind of out of place in this game to me... I'm into some crazy Fapping sometimes but this VN.... nope... too gruesome and honestly, the H scenes mostly feel out of place.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
H scenes feel kind of out of place in this game to me... I'm into some crazy Fapping sometimes but this VN.... nope... too gruesome and honestly, the H scenes mostly feel out of place.
I was like you ten years ago. This is true art, it changed my life.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DarkMiros

Yotsuyu

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, I remember this. Such a masterpiece. Never been more grossed out and horrified yet filled with warm and fuzzy feelings at the same time. The MC and Saya's romance was truly the worst but, ya just can't help rooting for them. So many mixed feelings on it lol.

KenjiTamada

Dec 18, 2017
Welp the only book/VN that ever gave me nightmares and a temporarily fear of the dark. Good luck to all of you, I read this kafkaesk, freudian nightmare once, it was an experience but definitly not for me.

I am not writing this to disuade you from reading it but this thing hit me many times harder than muv-luv alternative or anything else. Be prepared.

LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
Think I was 16 the first time I played this. Heard about it, heard it was kinda spooky, and played the whole thing in about 2 days, with some slight ctrl-holds every once and a while. Got completely hooked. Had nightmares for WEEKS after I finished it but god damn, the translation was so professional and well written. the story was fascinating. The characters were tragic. And the whole thing has this incredible tension that builds from the start. Everything starts off kinda nice, they're happy together, living their life, and shit just goes downhill so violently.

Truly a one of a kind game and deserves its recognition as one of the most well-written visual novels of all time. With that said:

WARNING: Don't play this if you struggle with depression, anxiety, thoughts of self-harm, paranoia, etc. This would likely not be a positive experience for you, and even more likely, the opposite. It's incredibly violent, disturbing, and disgusting. The music and soundscapes are disturbing and anxiety-inducing (in a very well done and intentional way). The visuals are...graphic, to say the least. And the h-scenes are..........upsetting. There are multiple depictions of rape and sexual assault, multiple scenes of murder, and the entire thing is meant to be a depressing experience. The only other VN I've played that compared on any level content-wise is Kara no Shojo (which I HIGHLY recommend, one of my top 5 VNs of all time), and even that game, with its brutal depictions of sexual assault, images of mutilated corpses, etc. doesn't even hold a flesh-covered, oozing, throbbing, pus-filled candle to Saya no Uta. Saya no Uta is not meant to be a fun experience. Just be careful with your mental health going into it.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim
4.50 star(s) 28 Votes