LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
So, what do you think about Swan Song? I think it's probably more depressive. Let's hope maggot baits going to have its release someday (been waiting for years, damn you, MG!).
I never actually played Swan Song. Everything I saw of it seemed like I would be unable to enjoy it. Kara no Shojo and Saya no Uta both had enough going for them in the story department that I would be able to enjoy it and get immersed in the story without being so disturbed by the content that I had to quit. (Though Saya no Uta definitely had me close a couple of times, I was already hooked in). Is Swan Song worth giving a shot? I'm a pretty vanilla dude. I'm not opposed to violence and the like but there's got to be enough substance to stick through it, since I'm not like some of the other people who get pleasure out of watching rape and women getting murdered.

Edit: only discovered F95 about 6 months ago, just realized this is one of the only places on the internet that actually has Killer Queen (but not Secret Game). That's another darker VN that I enjoy, and never got to finish before my hard drive corrupted. God bless these fine people.

Last edited:

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Is Swan Song worth giving a shot?
Yes, I mean, iirc it was pretty depressive for me and I'm not easily depressed. MLA seems like some kind of generic moeshit in comparison. So, if you're up to some truly disturbing story, give it a shot? I dunno.
I'm a pretty vanilla dude. I'm not opposed to violence and the like but there's got to be enough substance to stick through it, since I'm not like some of the other people who get pleasure out of watching rape and women getting murdered.
I don't think this is why most people can enjoy it, for me it's just that I don't usually feel much empathy, especially for fictional characters, and if I feel some realistic struggling I can be empathic (I was quite perturbed by Higurashi and Madoka Magica for example).

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
This is one ofthe games where I actually feel bad about there being extreme sex scenes in it because I'd love for this to be more recommendable. The sex in this isn't really 'hot', don't go in for a fap is my rec, its more played to be disturbing rather than arousing.

Main selling point of this is how it immerses you in a well done atmosphere that is at once nihilistic and disturbing but also really weirdly touching when it wants to? Its special.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I finally read it after years of people recommending it to me.

I was already crazy in the head, but I still feel like i'll never be the same again.

FemaLep

Nov 4, 2018
Ah, I remember going through this on my DS, still just as unnerving as if I were to go through this VN on PC. Even if I can't really get off to this, I still think this VN is okay.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Modernized Lovecraftian/Sci-Fi horror.

Always a good story when I root for the bad guys. ~4 hours to get through all branches moving quickly (save at the branches, play out the obvious worse choice for fun then reload and continue on the main line.)

The visuals are a kind of stylized gruesome on par with a haunted house. If you don't gibber in terror on Halloween you should be fine :)

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
Oh hey... It's one of the early works of Gen Urobutcher... The Dude who made Puella Magi Madoka Magica... This is one of those stories he made during the phase of his life where all his characters either has a dead end or an end worse than death... Don't look for a happy ending here...

SonicMan1234

Mar 17, 2019
Downloaded the JAST edition and ran the remaster updater exe. Playing on Win10 but I have no sound? Anybody know how to fix?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Can somebody put the upgrade patch & extra in a spoiler? When you download the Remaster Version you have the uncensored Version. I hope somebody can clear this on the first side so it is only a confusing mess.

The desktopexe don´t work by me (japanese error message, I delete it and replace it with a copy from the exe).

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
after playing this for a while and thinking in all the lore present, i can happily say, saya is nothing more than a lovecraftian elder god who was summoned to this planet thanks by doctor oiga research.

Song of Saya ver1.00 9_30_2019 5_50_36 PM.png Song of Saya ver1.00 9_30_2019 6_29_46 PM.png

Last edited:

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Oh hey... It's one of the early works of Gen Urobutcher... The Dude who made Puella Magi Madoka Magica... This is one of those stories he made during the phase of his life where all his characters either has a dead end or an end worse than death... Don't look for a happy ending here...
if you choose to regain your normal life, you end up in jail, tbh not as good for a happy endind, it is at least the end of an never ending nightmare...so...

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
if you choose to regain your normal life, you end up in jail, tbh not as good for a happy ending, it is at least the end of an never ending nightmare...so...
It's not a jail though... MC's stuck in a mental asylum for life... and he gets to only contact Saya via a cellphone passed through the door of his room via text... He never gets to see Saya ever again... Technically still falls under the "end worse than death" category...

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Saya no Uta Remastered Edition - Mega link seems dead :/
A new mega link for you
Saya no Uta Remastered Edition -
or you can just use any of the other links from the OP, all of them work except for the Mega link
Saya no Uta Remastered Edition: - - -

Reactions: Tsumirin

Tsumirin

Jul 4, 2019
A new mega link for you
Saya no Uta Remastered Edition -
or you can just use any of the other links from the OP, all of them work except for the Mega link
yeah, thanks bro! <3

Reactions: Hones

LanSOADer

Mar 9, 2018
Hey, anyone got the uncensored patch v1.01? Got the steam version (which was updated at some point) and the patch doesn't seem to work anymore. Or, rather, it doesn't even find the game when you run it. And trying to force it upon the latest steam version results in crash.

4.50 star(s) 28 Votes