VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5b] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Smiling_Jack

Aug 11, 2017
Damn you found two game breaking bugs in less than a week since it went public ? bro it's already the 0.2.1d I should hire you as beta tester !
I corrected the missing image (it was a typo. it's always a typo), but I can't see where the first bug appear. Can you tell me more about that ? (Here or on my discord if you prefer)

I will work on these issues, thanks for you report.
1641808031325.png
After obtaining the skirt, when selecting the top right panty aka panty4 (in the lower body folder anyways. It's panty5 in the courier's model folder; may want to standardize those and fix a few file/folder name typos.) the game does not proceed to this next screen.
1641808424014.png
Rather it still activates her comments on it, but then returns right back to this screen like you hadn't made a choice yet.
1641808031325.png
Because of this, choosing panty4 once you've obtained the skirt is impossible and you must select a different pair in order to escape the loop. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Scarlet Ashbringer

asmodan1989

Jan 11, 2022
A bug I may have found. Or I'm missing something. I finished the Tyrion questline up to the confrontation with the inquisitor when you brought tyrion's son there, but had not talked to the inquisitor about Gandling...which seems to stall that particular quest chain. Don't know if anyone else has run into it. Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

Edit: Reloaded an earlier save. At the moment doesn't seem to affect anything, but might in the future with the continuation of the storyline. Or I missed something entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Ashbringer

Smiling_Jack

Aug 11, 2017
A bug I may have found. Or I'm missing something. I finished the Tyrion questline up to the confrontation with the inquisitor when you brought tyrion's son there, but had not talked to the inquisitor about Gandling...which seems to stall that particular quest chain. Don't know if anyone else has run into it. Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

Edit: Reloaded an earlier save. At the moment doesn't seem to affect anything, but might in the future with the continuation of the storyline. Or I missed something entirely.
I didn't even know there was a questline for Gandling. I just assumed you never wanted to talk to the Inquisitor guy because he's a dick.

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
hi,it seems that i have locked myself from the content,the crimson courier just says that no is no,and i dont know where to find throrium bars.i can provide my save file if necessary.I play on 0.2.1c View attachment 1577106 View attachment 1577108
I have the same problem. There is nothing to do even though there is still content left. Every option is dead end both during day and at night.

Cant progress with the painting quest because the secretary lady refuses to do anything with the form and I cant help her either.
Sleeping in my quarters does nothing.

As for the undead elf in church there are only headpat and hug options available after I brought the troll and the hight elf to see her.
Also there is absolutely nothing to do in the western part of map.
And what is "Scholomance" and how do you unlock this location.

I´m really cranky after trying to squeeze at least a tiny bit of progression out of it last night.
To sum it up because you need a mentor you are sent on a fetch quest for a completely arbitrary item, you have to ask around, get and fill an official form and then when you take it to the secretary lady she tells you "Yeah you dont have good enough reason to get the item".
How about tell the grandpa paladin that the painting is hanging on the wall in the city and get different mentor.

Honestly the game feels like a parody of Catch 22 rather than Warcraft.

Also what happened with Warcraft lore over the years? My knowledge ends with Frozen Throne and after watching the Platinum´s video about the Crusade its like it degraded into someones deviantart fanfic.

asmodan1989

Jan 11, 2022
I didn't even know there was a questline for Gandling. I just assumed you never wanted to talk to the Inquisitor guy because he's a dick.
Found that little tidbit on the hints at the tavern. If you drink with your friends, it'll give you hints to what you can do next. I think originally I just screwed up the sequence. IE doing all of tyrion's events first and thus losing access to the inquisitor prior to getting his advice. I think it's part of the questline to free the elf in the church. IE you're talking to the inquisitor to get information about gandling and scholomance specifically for the artifact to free her. But all of that hasn't been implemented yet.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I have the same problem. There is nothing to do even though there is still content left. Every option is dead end both during day and at night.

Cant progress with the painting quest because the secretary lady refuses to do anything with the form and I cant help her either.
Sleeping in my quarters does nothing.

As for the undead elf in church there are only headpat and hug options available after I brought the troll and the hight elf to see her.
Also there is absolutely nothing to do in the western part of map.
And what is "Scholomance" and how do you unlock this location.

I´m really cranky after trying to squeeze at least a tiny bit of progression out of it last night.
To sum it up because you need a mentor you are sent on a fetch quest for a completely arbitrary item, you have to ask around, get and fill an official form and then when you take it to the secretary lady she tells you "Yeah you dont have good enough reason to get the item".
How about tell the grandpa paladin that the painting is hanging on the wall in the city and get different mentor.

Honestly the game feels like a parody of Catch 22 rather than Warcraft.

Also what happened with Warcraft lore over the years? My knowledge ends with Frozen Throne and after watching the Platinum´s video about the Crusade its like it degraded into someones deviantart fanfic.
It's really weird that this bug consistently happens with no reason.
You can send me your save "Scarlet Ashbringer/game/saves/", a save is written "1-2" the first digit is the page number, the second is its position. Send me your last save and I will correct it manually
You can come on Discord to talk to me directly and get help faster if you'd like

About Catch parody, well that's a main mechanic in most game. You need to find that item and for that you need to grind / to unlock / to fetch another item. I'm really interested in alternatives if you have some ! I want my game to be as good as possible.
Also, the painting is very reverant in Tirion's lore, he starts with "kill 25 mobs" long and annoying quest before movign to more interesting part (the painting, the hammer, etc.) and it was a good way to get on the crimson courier's soft side. The goal is really not to go get the blue key to get to red key to unlock the green key to be rewarded the yellow key to... Because, yeah it's annoying ^^ I'm trying to get better at this

Reactions: Unreal434

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
It's really weird that this bug consistently happens with no reason.
You can send me your save "Scarlet Ashbringer/game/saves/", a save is written "1-2" the first digit is the page number, the second is its position. Send me your last save and I will correct it manually
You can come on Discord to talk to me directly and get help faster if you'd like

About Catch parody, well that's a main mechanic in most game. You need to find that item and for that you need to grind / to unlock / to fetch another item. I'm really interested in alternatives if you have some ! I want my game to be as good as possible.
Also, the painting is very reverant in Tirion's lore, he starts with "kill 25 mobs" long and annoying quest before movign to more interesting part (the painting, the hammer, etc.) and it was a good way to get on the crimson courier's soft side. The goal is really not to go get the blue key to get to red key to unlock the green key to be rewarded the yellow key to... Because, yeah it's annoying ^^ I'm trying to get better at this
Ok, heres the save. I would really appreciate if you un-bug it somehow.
And sorry, I wasn´t trying to be mean. Its just that I explored the definition of insanity through your game at 2am.

Now that I´m thinking about it there was bunch of errors when I loaded my last save from July at the start of this version and I kept ignoring them instead having the gnome-dragon repair the save file. That might have caused it.

Mentioning Catch 22 I actually meant that even though you jump through all the hoops some bureaucratic lady stops you and there nothing you can do about it. But thats the bug. I hope the quest is actually good.

But outside of this situation I really enjoy your game. Now I know more about Scarlet Crusade than Sally Whitemane´s thigs.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Ok, heres the save. I would really appreciate if you un-bug it somehow.
And sorry, I wasn´t trying to be mean. Its just that I explored the definition of insanity through your game at 2am.

Now that I´m thinking about it there was bunch of errors when I loaded my last save from July at the start of this version and I kept ignoring them instead having the gnome-dragon repair the save file. That might have caused it.

Mentioning Catch 22 I actually meant that even though you jump through all the hoops some bureaucratic lady stops you and there nothing you can do about it. But thats the bug. I hope the quest is actually good.

But outside of this situation I really enjoy your game. Now I know more about Scarlet Crusade than Sally Whitemane´s thigs.
No offense taken, don't worry ^^ I know how frustrating it can be, which is why I'm driven crazy by that bug that just keep ruining everyone's run. Like, i swear I patched it like twice already !

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoy my game so far ! And here's your corrected save

• Red Heart
Reactions: Unreal434

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
No offense taken, don't worry ^^ I know how frustrating it can be, which is why I'm driven crazy by that bug that just keep ruining everyone's run. Like, i swear I patched it like twice already !

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoy my game so far ! And here's your corrected save
Great, Vivian´s quest works properly now. Thank you. Although I´m curious what went wrong in my save? Did you find what caused the bug?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Great, Vivian´s quest works properly now. Thank you. Although I´m curious what went wrong in my save? Did you find what caused the bug?
I'm not sure, but since the trigger was moved, the jump in two versions is the main reason it would happen.
Did you correctly get the own quarter event, with abbendis sleeping in your room and Alexandros showing up ?

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
I'm not sure, but since the trigger was moved, the jump in two versions is the main reason it would happen.
Did you correctly get the own quarter event, with abbendis sleeping in your room and Alexandros showing up ?
Now I vaguely remember Abbendis sleepover event from the summer update so unless there is a new one it already happened for me.
The thing is I saw "sleeping in your quarters" mentioned here and I thought thats how you continue Vivians quest. My mistake.

The only thing for me now is find some holy artifact and the last item on Argent Dawn´s laundry list. And just like before I have little to no idea where to look.

So if you are willing accept feedback from a random W3 nostalgic:
Lovely art, great (and funny) writing, charming (and cute) characters.
But there really needs to be better quest system with tracking or hints like where to go and whom to speak. Not too specific though because handholding is also detrimental.:unsure:
And maybe inventory like you mentioned earlier. Even text only would suffice. To keep track for example of the skirt you got from Kel´Thuzads sex dungeon and how you could give it to Vivian.

Also perhaps I´m too dense but sometimes there is no way tell whether its the end of the current update for specific character or there is still something else to do.
For example with Lilian there is still "I should invite her to a date". But shes not in her tower nor anywhere in Hearthglen. Is this where her quest ends or do I need to advance other quest first.

The last thing I noticed is that twice during my playthrough there was typo/leftover word "und"(are you guys german or something?). I already forgot where so its kinda useless to tell you but I think you should at least know.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Now I vaguely remember Abbendis sleepover event from the summer update so unless there is a new one it already happened for me.
The thing is I saw "sleeping in your quarters" mentioned here and I thought thats how you continue Vivians quest. My mistake.

The only thing for me now is find some holy artifact and the last item on Argent Dawn´s laundry list. And just like before I have little to no idea where to look.

So if you are willing accept feedback from a random W3 nostalgic:
Lovely art, great (and funny) writing, charming (and cute) characters.
But there really needs to be better quest system with tracking or hints like where to go and whom to speak. Not too specific though because handholding is also detrimental.:unsure:
And maybe inventory like you mentioned earlier. Even text only would suffice. To keep track for example of the skirt you got from Kel´Thuzads sex dungeon and how you could give it to Vivian.

Also perhaps I´m too dense but sometimes there is no way tell whether its the end of the current update for specific character or there is still something else to do.
For example with Lilian there is still "I should invite her to a date". But shes not in her tower nor anywhere in Hearthglen. Is this where her quest ends or do I need to advance other quest first.

The last thing I noticed is that twice during my playthrough there was typo/leftover word "und"(are you guys german or something?). I already forgot where so its kinda useless to tell you but I think you should at least know.
Lilian isn't in her tower ?
... I'd go to the city hall (well, behind it) like the last date with her...

You can drink with your friends at the tavern for clues about quest, but yeah I need to make a better quest tracker. Altho for my defense I just added the whole quest log and I think it helps a lot

CoolDude4444

Feb 11, 2018
I love the game so far and played through all of the content I excluding the chapel bomb ingredients quest and finding the relic in Scolomance.

CoolDude4444

Feb 11, 2018
I have a question, if I am on the righteous path will I eventually be able to purify The Ashbringer like Tirion Fordring, or will I be stuck with the Corrupted Ashbringer for the whole game no matter how righteous my choices were?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I have a question, if I am on the righteous path will I eventually be able to purify The Ashbringer like Tirion Fordring, or will I be stuck with the Corrupted Ashbringer for the whole game no matter how righteous my choices were?
All I'm saying is, if you look in the game images folder, there's already a version of the main character with the Holy Ashbringer...

Glad you enjoyed my game ! Also the Scholomance relic isn't implemented yet

blackcuck666

Sep 12, 2020
As a WoW player, I did NOT expect to see Lady Alistra in the game. I'm happy she's here tho, hope she gets content soon.
Anyway, great game, I absolutely love the fan service and references to the lore, even though it's a parody game.

Keep up the good work ! (The kind of work with Whitemane in it, especially)

hewhodares1

Nov 18, 2021
I can't get it to run on mac :/ Extracted, tried to run the game but nothing happens! Anyone else sorted this issue?

Feb 16, 2019
I can't get it to run on mac :/ Extracted, tried to run the game but nothing happens! Anyone else sorted this issue?
This is what I typically do when renpy/unity games dont work on mac
Try opening terminal and doing: "chmod -R +x "
Then after the space after the x drag+drop the renpy.app (or put its file path) then hit enter

If that doesn't work you can always download the renpy SDK for mac, the windows game version (might work with mac .app version, unsure), and put it in the same folder as the SDK "renpy" app, this can usually run a windows renpy game on mac.

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
ngl i was going to say i was hoping Vanessa VanCleef would appear, but i forget she is waayyy too young in Vanilla... unless... time travel due to Chromie? :sneaky:

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
also, any differences in building various buildings in the church slot? im curious if my vchoice affects the game much

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes