VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5b] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.0] APK -

shaeldur

May 3, 2017
I can't seem to progress with the courier. Finished the version path for all other characters it seems, but she stopped responding to dialogue options - no paperwork to do, and the button for favor is not responding at all. So I am stuck at this stage :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I can't seem to progress with the courier. Finished the version path for all other characters it seems, but she stopped responding to dialogue options - no paperwork to do, and the button for favor is not responding at all. So I am stuck at this stage :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What version do you play on ?
And did you manage to reach a "good ending" with Abbendis' massage ?

shaeldur

May 3, 2017
What version do you play on ?
And did you manage to reach a "good ending" with Abbendis' massage ?
It's 0.2.0e - but the save is from one of the previous version, not sure which. I tried fixing the save file with Chromie, but it's also impossible to exit the Guard tower without a crash for me, so the older save file might be the issue. I guess I might have to start a new save on the newer version.
And yea, I think I finished Abbendis massage properly, aka finished her.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
It's 0.2.0e - but the save is from one of the previous version, not sure which. I tried fixing the save file with Chromie, but it's also impossible to exit the Guard tower without a crash for me, so the older save file might be the issue. I guess I might have to start a new save on the newer version.
And yea, I think I finished Abbendis massage properly, aka finished her.
Restarting a new game is probably the safest way, but if you don't want to bother, you can send me your game and I will just manually fix it
I will take a look at the bugs you mentionned, thanks for reporting them

Acepter

Oct 19, 2017
Playing 2.0 fresh from the start. In order to build the City Hall it's telling me to build a better relationship with Ishaye but every time I talk to her she's either busy in the day or in meetings at night. Went through a few rotations at first then saved and relaunched the game just in case it was a bad load but still nothing.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Playing 2.0 fresh from the start. In order to build the City Hall it's telling me to build a better relationship with Ishaye but every time I talk to her she's either busy in the day or in meetings at night. Went through a few rotations at first then saved and relaunched the game just in case it was a bad load but still nothing.
I would try to ask Auronia some theater performance
Note : You should still update to the 0.2.0e anyway

Last edited:

Acepter

Oct 19, 2017
I would try to ask Auronia some theater performance
Note : You should still update to the 0.2.0e anyway
Thank you, didn't realize that was the step I was missing. I loaded my save into 0.2.0e but when I talked to Chromie about updating to save it gives me a Script Error when I try to exit (Yeah I know I'm on Windows 7. This is just a junk laptop I use to mess with things)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'tyrshand'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tyrs_hand.rpyc", line 532, in script
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.0e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.0e-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'tyrshand'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Scarlet Ashbringer 0.2.0e
Sat Jul 24 19:25:46 2021

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Did I let that mistake in the 0.2.0e ? I need to check. Your save from 0.2.0 is still comptable without having Chromie to intervene, so if you still have it, you can just load it and continue without visiter her.
But since you will have to at some point... I need to create a corrected version. Sorry, I probably should have already do it but I'm working on the 0.2.1 currently so I must have forgot.
In the mean time, you can come on the so I can manually fix the problem (By jumping from Chromie where you are stuck to Tyrs'Hand using the console). Or you can wait, it's up to you.
Thanks for playing my game !

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Just wanted to give an update.
Our main artist got sick so art got delayed. But we're getting there. I'm also prospecting for now artists so speed up the process.
Marjhan is almost done and once she is, we will only need one last H-scene artwork. And another character but I will give it to another artist.

I linked some image to show our last progress. Do not hesitate to join our Discord for more news

Smiling_Jack

Aug 11, 2017
Okay, I'm at a loss as to how I've somehow locked myself out of the content. I've restarted fresh playthroughs multiple times now and I keep getting stopped at the point where I've taken Corin's Crossing and upgraded all the buildings. Finished Abbendis's massage and Whitemane's sermon trivia; I also finished healing Auronia. Now I just seem to be stuck in an endless loop. I saw the Crimson courier once after taking Corin's Crossing and she hasn't shown up since. My quests for Abbendis and Auronia say I've finished their routes and Whitemane's doesn't move on from "answer her questions right for a reward." Meanwhile, Imani Princess route is stuck at "Ishaye is really fun to be around!" but all she does is say she's too busy to talk during the day and that she has a tactical meeting at night.

So I'm basically stuck where the only actions I can take is going to the Cabaret or Tavern,Whitemane's sermon and sleeping with Abbendis. Where the heck did I go wrong to get stuck in this eternal loop hell? P.S. the second quest page is empty and my game version is 2.0e.
1637124255259.png

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Okay, I'm at a loss as to how I've somehow locked myself out of the content. I've restarted fresh playthroughs multiple times now and I keep getting stopped at the point where I've taken Corin's Crossing and upgraded all the buildings. Finished Abbendis's massage and Whitemane's sermon trivia; I also finished healing Auronia. Now I just seem to be stuck in an endless loop. I saw the Crimson courier once after taking Corin's Crossing and she hasn't shown up since. My quests for Abbendis and Auronia say I've finished their routes and Whitemane's doesn't move on from "answer her questions right for a reward." Meanwhile, Imani Princess route is stuck at "Ishaye is really fun to be around!" but all she does is say she's too busy to talk during the day and that she has a tactical meeting at night.

So I'm basically stuck where the only actions I can take is going to the Cabaret or Tavern,Whitemane's sermon and sleeping with Abbendis. Where the heck did I go wrong to get stuck in this eternal loop hell? P.S. the second quest page is empty and my game version is 2.0e.
View attachment 1503952

Hmm you restarted fresh at 0.2.0e ? Can't be the courier bug.
I see Auronia's quest, did you visit Ishaye at night to talk her into playing a concert ? And if you did, did you went ahead and play the concert ? (Ask Auronia a performance => Dance)

If it's not that, did you ask Auronia for a theater performance after the concert (and visited Ishaye for feedback) ? (which trigger an Ishaye-related event)
Many people miss it, I think it's a bad design to have a core event in such low scale event. It will be changed for the next version to avoid this problem

Another issue (that I don't think is the current problem but I may aswell warn you) is if you did the whole pre-battle content, another option appear on the top of the list at Corin's Crossing during the night : "Fight the Scourge"

If it isn't any of that, then please send me your save and I will take a look. I'll manually fix it and send it back if I have to, but my money is still on the theater event

Smiling_Jack

Aug 11, 2017
Hmm you restarted fresh at 0.2.0e ? Can't be the courier bug.
I see Auronia's quest, did you visit Ishaye at night to talk her into playing a concert ? And if you did, did you went ahead and play the concert ? (Ask Auronia a performance => Dance)

If it's not that, did you ask Auronia for a theater performance after the concert (and visited Ishaye for feedback) ? (which trigger an Ishaye-related event)
Many people miss it, I think it's a bad design to have a core event in such low scale event. It will be changed for the next version to avoid this problem

Another issue (that I don't think is the current problem but I may aswell warn you) is if you did the whole pre-battle content, another option appear on the top of the list at Corin's Crossing during the night : "Fight the Scourge"

If it isn't any of that, then please send me your save and I will take a look. I'll manually fix it and send it back if I have to, but my money is still on the theater event
So I was stuck on the point where you, when you visit Ishaye at night, you find her playing the lute. That particular event was not triggering and she kept giving the busy "tactical meeting" event instead. I deleted and unzipped a fresh version of the game and that seemed to fix whatever was wrong.

Side questions, is the bikini bottom as far as you can get with the courier's route? I also can't seem to find the key to enter Scholomance; unless that isn't in the game yet? Also, I can't talk to Whitemane after peeking on her staff rubbing scene because it starts firing an exception.

While loading <'Image' u'images/character/whitemane/rub_staff/false.png'>:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in_window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in_window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/character/whitemane/rub_staff/false.png'.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
So I was stuck on the point where you, when you visit Ishaye at night, you find her playing the lute. That particular event was not triggering and she kept giving the busy "tactical meeting" event instead. I deleted and unzipped a fresh version of the game and that seemed to fix whatever was wrong.

Side questions, is the bikini bottom as far as you can get with the courier's route? I also can't seem to find the key to enter Scholomance; unless that isn't in the game yet? Also, I can't talk to Whitemane after peeking on her staff rubbing scene because it starts firing an exception.

While loading <'Image' u'images/character/whitemane/rub_staff/false.png'>:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in_window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in_window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/character/whitemane/rub_staff/false.png'.

I'll look into that ot make sure the error won't appear again, but since a fresh install fixed it... ?

So far you cannot go further than the bikini. You will have other options in the next patch

Same for Scholomance, you can't enter yet, will be possible for the next patch. Sorry that the pre-patch lasted so long ^^'

For the bug, it drives em crazy since I feel like I corrected it three times already. If you don't want to wait for the next version to correct it, I propose a handmade fix : Go to \game\images\character\whitemane\rub_staff/, and rename the image "false" into "none" manually.

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I'll look into that ot make sure the error won't appear again, but since a fresh install fixed it... ?

So far you cannot go further than the bikini. You will have other options in the next patch

Same for Scholomance, you can't enter yet, will be possible for the next patch. Sorry that the pre-patch lasted so long ^^'
Can you share us the date for the next update to come out? I'm really missed this game a lot and hope to see the next build got release soon

Reactions: Brololol
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes