VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5b] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Can you share us the date for the next update to come out? I'm really missed this game a lot and hope to see the next build got release soon
Well great news ! The beta should be ready today. I think I will release the next patch in about 2-3 weeks . I can't make any promise since it's up to my artist and not myself, but that should be enough to get the remaining artworks and implement them

Reactions: mazzmarello

QuestionableDarky

Aug 10, 2021
Well great news ! The beta should be ready today. I think I will release the next patch in about 2-3 weeks . I can't make any promise since it's up to my artist and not myself, but that should be enough to get the remaining artworks and implement them
not up to date with the news but is there anything new?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Well I just got the last artwork. I still need two more expressions for character, should be really quick, and I need to implement the artwork since it's a bit complex, but the Patreon release shoudl be around this weekend or next week (Hopefully. If I don't have the expressions, I may just release it anyway and fix it later since it's marginal content)

The public release will be a week after that

Update : The new version is ready ! I will take a few days to play test the heck of it and I will launch the Patreon release this weekend. The public release will follow one week later

Last edited:

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Build 0.2.1c
-
-

Merry Christmas everyone ! The new build is here !
The game has been playtested by a beta team of awesome people, so it shouldn't have any issue !... Probably... I mean you can see it's already the c version right :p
I hope you will enjoy this expansion !

How to play : Save your game at Tyr's Hand's Guard Tower, load the new version and talk to Chromie !
Note : If your save is somewhere else, you can either walk to Hearthglen (you will be sent to the Guard Tower) or click on "ignore" on any issue you encounter until you reach the tower.
Note2 : If you didn't unlock Chromie yet, you need to at least reach it in your current build. I'm working on unlocking Chromie from the start for compatibility improvement

What adventures await you in Hearthglen ? What fate will Taelan meet ? What will happen with the Forsaken near ? What dark secrets reside in the depth of Scholomance ? Now you can find out !

For the future ?
The next update is decided, it's going to be Abbendis ! But it won't include story, or very little. It will include 3 new h-scenes, some accessible from the beginning and that will evolve as your relationship progresses
It shouldn't be too long but I'm careful with promises now... I hope this update will include some features such as the posters and a few backgrounds

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Build 0.2.1c
- PC
- Mac

Merry Christmas everyone ! The new build is here !
The game has been playtested by a beta team of awesome people, so it shouldn't have any issue !... Probably... I mean you can see it's already the c version right :p
I hope you will enjoy this expansion !

How to play : Save your game at Tyr's Hand's Guard Tower, load the new version and talk to Chromie !
Note : If your save is somewhere else, you can either walk to Hearthglen (you will be sent to the Guard Tower) or click on "ignore" on any issue you encounter until you reach the tower.
Note2 : If you didn't unlock Chromie yet, you need to at least reach it in your current build. I'm working on unlocking Chromie from the start for compatibility improvement

What adventures await you in Hearthglen ? What fate will Taelan meet ? What will happen with the Forsaken near ? What dark secrets reside in the depth of Scholomance ? Now you can find out !

For the future ?
The next update is decided, it's going to be Abbendis ! But it won't include story, or very little. It will include 3 new h-scenes, some accessible from the beginning and that will evolve as your relationship progresses
It shouldn't be too long but I'm careful with promises now... I hope this update will include some features such as the posters and a few backgrounds
Thank you for another update, can't wait to download and check out the new content. Merry Christmas to you and your family too, wish you the best with your work

JeyZut

Feb 15, 2018
I don't know if I did something wrong but small problem here, at the tavern in Tyr's Hand when talking about Isillien.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/tavern.rpy, line 1209)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tavern.rpyc", line 1209, in script
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2037, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 690, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Scarlet Ashbringer 0.2.1c
Mon Dec 27 15:29:21 2021

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I don't know if I did something wrong but small problem here, at the tavern in Tyr's Hand when talking about Isillien.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tavern.rpyc", line 1209, in script
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2037, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "C:\Users\sypho\3D Objects\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.1c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 690, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Scarlet Ashbringer 0.2.1c
Mon Dec 27 15:29:21 2021

Damn me, a typo slipped in. I will correct it

Reactions: JeyZut

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
Sweet. This will come on my watch list :) Can't wait to try it when the development is a little bit further. I see that there is a blood elf / slave? on the front pictures. Will you add other races aswell? Female Dwarfs, Night Elfs and so on?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Where do I get them unstable triggers?
You should make some cocktails !

Sweet. This will come on my watch list :) Can't wait to try it when the development is a little bit further. I see that there is a blood elf / slave? on the front pictures. Will you add other races aswell? Female Dwarfs, Night Elfs and so on?
Slave route was cut a long time ago, I doubt it will appear before a long time.
And yes, I will add as much race as I can ! Without going overboard that is. Every playable faction race will be available (Except goblins and allied races. Also you won't be able to flirt with the tauren when he shows up)

I think it's unimmersive that a religious organization like the Scarlet Crusade would have a dedicated strip club.
How would this help with exterminating the undead?
A strip club ? Where ?! Why no one told me, I run this game ! x)
The image where the blood elf do pole dance isn't a strip club, she just has many skill and a lot of gratitude...

Also, here's the 0.2.1d.
Changelog :
-Corrected a typo that caused an error when goign at the tavern for some hints
Links :
-
-

Lollert

Jun 12, 2017

How do I progress from here? Doesn't seem to be anything to do anywhere.

Edit: I had the same problem where I had to reinstall the game.

Last edited:

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020

How do I progress from here? Doesn't seem to be anything to do anywhere.

Edit: I had the same problem where I had to reinstall the game.
I can't tell much with that but if I had to guess, ask Auronia to performe theater 3 times and check on Ishaye

Karma02

Jan 8, 2019
After the party in Hearthglen, the Highlord says that he is "hangover" instead of "hungover". At the meeting with Voss and Isillien when one of them are about to leave there seems to be an error with a sprite which is massive.

chincheta

Apr 3, 2019
i cant load my last save of the previous build. i got a lot of errors : /
here is it so you can check it ..

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
i cant load my last save of the previous build. i got a lot of errors : /
here is it so you can check it ..
What version do you use ?
In your save I can't see a "version" variable so I assume it's very old ? Also you didn't unlock chromie, so probably you should just start over. Sorry

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
where do i get the artifact needed for the blood elves to help the deathknight that you capture??
i have been all over scholomance and can't find it.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes