Votes: 78 4.3%
  • Viktoria

Votes: 495 27.4%
  • Arana

Votes: 94 5.2%

• Total voters

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Silent77 Might i suggest giving Miri some more backstory with the MC, or at least some useful skills, like lockpicking or piloting? As it stands now, she is absolutely insufferable. I have zero emotional, or even just practical reasons to keep her around. She is constantly obnoxious and not just with friendly/funny jabs, but sometimes straight up hurtful. I know I certainly wouldn't put up with her in real life. And the fact that she recklessly puts us and the rest of the group on death's doorstep multiple times doesn't help either. She made me ALT+F4 out of the game TWICE. Good thing the rest of the game is good enough to make me come back, but she is rapidly approaching "Female Merc"-level of grating. Right now she actually has me hoping for a Mass Effect situation where we can just sac her, and that says a lot because I'm doing the good guy run first.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
bug in new version..
also seems there is a random roll after saying you want only the bartender? sometimes after ignoring the error you go to meet her at the bathroom and other times we tell her its not all about sex and just ask for the drinks

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' '03_098.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file '03_098.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Chapter03.rpyc", line 446, in script
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\Scarsoffate-0.03-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file '03_098.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Scars of Fate 0.03
Thu Jun 18 12:56:22 2020

Silent77

Game Developer
May 22, 2017
or at least some useful skills, like lockpicking or piloting?
She can kick and use a bat :p

As it stands now, she is absolutely insufferable. I have zero emotional, or even just practical reasons to keep her around.
She is constantly obnoxious and not just with friendly/funny jabs, but sometimes straight up hurtful. I know I certainly wouldn't put up with her in real life.
If she were your girlfriends' sister (if you chose to be Ingrids' boyfriend that is), you would :giggle:.
She blames you (not me) for her death

And the fact that she recklessly puts us and the rest of the group on death's doorstep multiple times doesn't help either.
We all have that one friend :)

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
She can kick and use a bat :p
Yeah, but without restraint or foresight. That makes her a liability, not an asset.

We all have that one friend :)
Hence my suggestion to put in a little more backstory for her and the mc. Some small text references of them actually being friendly or a single image flashback of them playing together growing up. Anything that makes her feel like more than a little shitstain who just showed up out of nowhere to make your life miserable and endanger you. Just being related to Ingrid is not enough to make her feel like a friend (for me at least).
I kinda head-canoned that from the fact that the village wasn't that big and that one line "That's not you!", but it takes a lot of mental gymnastics. :D

Oh and +1 for the guy hoping that Victoria doesn't get it on with the female merc. That would really be hard to stomach.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update. You're doing some great work here. (y)

Silent77

Game Developer
May 22, 2017
Yeah, but without restraint or foresight. That makes her a liability, not an asset.
True, but she's the only one the MC knows well enough and trusts,
e line "That's not you!", but it takes a lot of mental gymnastics.
Also if you kissed Ingrid in chapter one in the basement you get:
"So I thought you rather choose a girl your age over me, perhaps even a younger one like Miri" :)

Anything that makes her feel like more than a little shitstain who just showed up out of nowhere to make your life miserable and endanger you. Just being related to Ingrid is not enough to make her feel like a friend (for me at least).
I see your point, it's an interesting idea/view to consider(y)

kfrazer099

Apr 6, 2019
Just left my first review.

Can someone please create signatures for this? I feel like the least we can do is promote this game.

Reactions: Abhai

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Well, interesting game. A decent story so far and a bit too much engrish, but not a game breaker. Let's see what happens. I would suggest some proofreading.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
As we see...i was correct(thus far) in saying asian hottie was the fav(she is tied in the poll) ThunderRob dameranking power!!! hubbahubba...AND...bet if the scene with fatty was removed she'd be well ahead :p

Reactions: kfrazer099

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
great stuff indeed(y)
Silent77 it would be good if you link that post with sings to the op as "fansigns", so anyone interested could easily use them, and promote a bit your game.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I'm disappointed there wasn't an option to slaughter everyone at Lettuce Heads party. Some real start of darkness shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Repuci

kfrazer099

Apr 6, 2019
As we see...i was correct(thus far) in saying asian hottie was the fav(she is tied in the poll) ThunderRob dameranking power!!! hubbahubba...AND...bet if the scene with fatty was removed she'd be well ahead :p
His name is Meat, and i think the word you were looking to describe him was Cutey :sneaky:.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Abhai

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Yep, people usually dont understand a true "inner beauty", and Meat has a lot of it to offer.:WeSmart:
If any character/sig could bring attention to this game thats him :BootyTime:
He had a lot of fat to offer...and cruelty if you didn't praise him properly. To hell with him!

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Update 27/10/2020

Here is the Italian translation of "Scars of fate" version "0.04".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:
Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Scars of fate" versione "0.04".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

########################################################

Here is the Italian translation of "Scars of fate" version "0.03a".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Scars of fate" versione "0.03a".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Last edited:

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
By the way, why that other prostitute on orgy party always/often smiling? someone break her mind? I mean most people there look either serious or terrified because of our raid.

• Haha

kfrazer099

Apr 6, 2019
By the way, why that other prostitute on orgy party always/often smiling? someone break her mind? I mean most people there look either serious or terrified because of our raid.
She is either too high to give a shit, or is simply in awe of the MC's badassery. Or maybe she is just bonkers, you know, in a sweet kind of way.

• Haha
Reactions: cariadult
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes