LazwelX

Aug 13, 2020
If you follow the Ci-Ens and Twitters of the creators of these types of games, they're very open about Scars being their main inspiration. Already played it. Gameplay consists of you having to spam T to pass the time and hope there's an event. The game forgets it's NTR and just moves at a rapid pace with no changes to the loop. I never comment on things like this but this one in particular is just so bad lol. But it's probably going to sell a lot based on the premise alone so I hope the dev learns to improve on it.
while i wont debate most criticism against that game but are we really going to pretend that scars didnt eventually become "T spamming"?

Oct 5, 2018
while i wont debate most criticism against that game but are we really going to pretend that scars didnt eventually become "T spamming"?
Scars did do that but it wasn't only that. Certain NPCs reacting to changes to Ryoka, the cellphone mechanic and I guess just the pacing made it better.

Don't get me wrong, Scars has problems of its own.

That being said, people forget that Scars isn't Castella's first game while the other one is indeed the dev's first game. Yes, it's rough around the edges but the dev can definitely release a good title down the line. Game dev takes time to master, I doubt many (if any) can get it right in the first attempt.

Feb 27, 2021
Reactions: JupitersSon

LazwelX

Aug 13, 2020
Scars did do that but it wasn't only that. Certain NPCs reacting to changes to Ryoka, the cellphone mechanic and I guess just the pacing made it better.

Don't get me wrong, Scars has problems of its own.

That being said, people forget that Scars isn't Castella's first game while the other one is indeed the dev's first game. Yes, it's rough around the edges but the dev can definitely release a good title down the line. Game dev takes time to master, I doubt many (if any) can get it right in the first attempt.
exactly, this is the devs first ive actually played some of castella's early works and trust me theyre nothing to write home about people are expecting immediate masterpieces now a days while the game isnt completely fleshed out it isnt awful for a FIRST work.

Feb 27, 2021
exactly, this is the devs first ive actually played some of castella's early works and trust me theyre nothing to write home about people are expecting immediate masterpieces now a days while the game isnt completely fleshed out it isnt awful for a FIRST work.
I agree, it's their first game, the cutscenes were really well done, but it focused a lot on the cutscenes than on the gameplay that could keep the game alive and some things to do, you know? My in-game rating is 6.5. It's a good average, but I was disappointed because of the gameplay not being alive. But the protagonist, scenes and writing are good. And about Scars, I played his first RPG game, before it was Adventure, and it's not very good, then Tina came and then Scars and changed the course of the developer who became a Master with inspirations from other developers.

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
I agree, it's their first game, the cutscenes were really well done, but it focused a lot on the cutscenes than on the gameplay that could keep the game alive and some things to do, you know? My in-game rating is 6.5. It's a good average, but I was disappointed because of the gameplay not being alive. But the protagonist, scenes and writing are good. And about Scars, I played his first RPG game, before it was Adventure, and it's not very good, then Tina came and then Scars and changed the course of the developer who became a Master with inspirations from other developers.
how you can give it 6.5 ??? i try to play it for 5 min and it bore me to dead, there is nothing on the gameplay to play, no item, no skill, no corropt flow, i dont even know why they put the save/load on menu???

it look like Scar but have nothing on scar level, they try to copy it but fail so bad.

• Angry
Reactions: V^V and LazwelX

LazwelX

Aug 13, 2020
his first few games before tina and scars were pretty mediocre honestly, but like you said he seems to have become a sort of master in this field and still learning look at scars after its leagues above scars itself just from what we see of the pics and demo.

Feb 27, 2021
how you can give it 6.5 ??? i try to play it for 5 min and it bore me to dead, there is nothing on the gameplay to play, no item, no skill, no corropt flow, i dont even know why they put the save/load on menu???

it look like Scar but have nothing on scar level, they try to copy it but fail so bad.
You're stupid? The developer first made the game so he tried it. If it were Acerola, BBQ, Shinachiku and other well-known developers I would give it a lower rating. But since it's the first time, he tried.

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Being lenient with a first game is valid. And you're right; despite Scars of Summer being castella's what now? 3rd or 4th game? Yeah it is still not perfect, we could spend a whole day grilling it down for all its problems, specially in the actual gameplay mechanics. They still have a lot to improve and polish in their design for sure.

That said, there is also validity in saying that, if you're obviously copying a pre-established formula, then how come you do nothing (not even a tiny bit) to try and either improve that formula or at least put a little interesting twist on it?

Think of it this way: Imagine now that, because you've enjoyed Scars of Summer so much, you want to make your own version of the game. What would you seriously consider doing:
A) Just make a carbon copy that somehow has even more failings than the formula you're referencing;
B) Try to come up with a small interesting twist/spice to the formula, or at least improve upon one of the weaker points;

So yeah, for the case B there, I think it is valid to criticize the dev to a certain extent. One thing is making a 1st game that is unique or tries something new, another is copy-pasting but not even bothering to fix the glaring problems that the source material has.

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
Being lenient with a first game is valid. And you're right; despite Scars of Summer being castella's what now? 3rd or 4th game? Yeah it is still not perfect, we could spend a whole day grilling it down for all its problems, specially in the actual gameplay mechanics. They still have a lot to improve and polish in their design for sure.

That said, there is also validity in saying that, if you're obviously copying a pre-established formula, then how come you do nothing (not even a tiny bit) to try and either improve that formula or at least put a little interesting twist on it?

Think of it this way: Imagine now that, because you've enjoyed Scars of Summer so much, you want to make your own version of the game. What would you seriously consider doing:
A) Just make a carbon copy that somehow has even more failings than the formula you're referencing;
B) Try to come up with a small interesting twist/spice to the formula, or at least improve upon one of the weaker points;

So yeah, for the case B there, I think it is valid to criticize the dev to a certain extent. One thing is making a 1st game that is unique or tries something new, another is copy-pasting but not even bothering to fix the glaring problems that the source material has.
yes, the dev do a very bad job for the first game of him, he just copy the Scar and do nothing more to make his first game better or at least playable

• Angry
Reactions: LazwelX

LazwelX

Aug 13, 2020

while i understand your point you have to keep in mind that while yes the dev is copying an established work they tried to put their own spin to it and they might also not be used to the system because again its their first venture into this kind of work.

May 27, 2017
I know the walkthrough state that Ryoka must be Virgin and all memories collected to get Happy Ending. Can you get Happy Ending without Ryoka being a Virgin but with all the memories collected?

Feb 27, 2021
New update:
◇t1.03 4/23/3
Modified the trial version and added the content of the sexual abuse clarification session.

Ci-en "Natsuiro Kowaremono After#14 Pre-Trial Version Distribution

By:

Dec 26, 2020
Hi,

Mega

Modification history
◇ t1.00 23/3/21

◇ t1.01 23/3/23
・Fixed a bug under specific conditions.

◇ t1.02 23/3/29
・Fixed a bug under certain conditions.

◇t1.03 23/4/3
・Added the contents of the molestation debriefing session.
Thanks friend! So apparently there is no new h content since the first released version of the demo?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Patrik

polopp

Dec 24, 2020
does anyone know what he means by molestation debriefing session, maybe scuffed translation?

also, thanks patrik, you are the hero we dont deserve :,)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Patrik

Anti-R

Mar 7, 2021
Ryoka has the same fuckable body like her山岡雅弥, the moment i saw that body and that short hair, i think maybe ryoka was inspired by her as she was one? of miss magazine japan 2021 And this game was released on 2021, if anyone know who has the same fuckable body and short hair like her please reply to me

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Ryoka has the same fuckable body like her山岡雅弥, the moment i saw that body and that short hair, i think maybe ryoka was inspired by her as she was one? of miss magazine japan 2021 And this game was released on 2021, if anyone know who has the same fuckable body and short hair like her please reply to me
I think that's a huge stretch, but who knows. Besides, the game was released in 2020 and it was under development for probably 3 years before that, so the magazine has nothing to do with it.
20220131-youngmagazine-15.jpg
The thing is that Japan is know for this tomboy-ish style of short hair, which seems to be more common there than in other places, and this overall tomboy look is a quite popular genre among fans (in the anime/doujinshi/adult-game scene), so given its popularity it is not surprising to see it time and time again, so its probably mostly based on that.

4.10 star(s) 63 Votes