NiktoAzure

Jul 18, 2020
Seeing the demo, it doesn't seem to be a complete remake because it's understood that at least an important part of the previous game's routes happened and that this would be a continuation.
It seems to be a case of alternative continuity.
Well, the demo shows partially, there are selective days. In any case, in the full version we will find out whether it is a continuation or a remake.

Fleming-Armor

Apr 20, 2023
Remake.
I think it was like this. Initially, the author wanted it as a DLC and called it AFTER. But over time, he did a lot of things that changed the game a lot. In the end, he decided to make it as a separate game, a remake, but the name remained the same.
So it's a remake.
I don't know if I would consider it a remake or a remaster. If he remade the first game from the ground up with another engine or redid the original story differently then I would say it is. I don't think After includes anything from the first game so I wouldn't call it a DLC either. The game asks you which route you picked in the original game in order to continue that story so I would say it's a sequel for sure.

Reactions: RossoX

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
I don't know if I would consider it a remake or a remaster. If he remade the first game from the ground up with another engine or redid the original story differently then I would say it is. I don't think After includes anything from the first game so I wouldn't call it a DLC either. The game asks you which route you picked in the original game in order to continue that story so I would say it's a sequel for sure.
To be considered a remake/remaster, it would need to have all the routes and content of the 1st game. Then with the new ones on top it would make it an expansion or DLC. But if it's just asking you to select which route you did in the prequel, starting from there, then I guess we just call it a sequel since all its contents are new with no retreading of the old content.

AOF4540

Jan 28, 2022
Now that the dust has settled, for those of you who played the demo, how do we classify the new game after all?
Is it: remake? remaster? full sequel or just expansion? bonus+DLC? fan-disc? Is it really just AFTER or BEFORE as well?
I personally think the name "After" is kinda misleading tbh because everyone thinks it's a sequel, which is not really in this case. I consider it more as an expansion of the previous game because it includes the events of the original game + additional scenes. Even DLsite's game description refers to it as an expansion.

Fleming-Armor

Apr 20, 2023
I personally think the name "After" is kinda misleading tbh because everyone thinks it's a sequel, which is not really in this case. I consider it more as an expansion of the previous game because it includes the events of the original game + additional scenes. Even DLsite's game description refers to it as an expansion.
I don't see why it's misleading. From what I can tell from the demo, After won't include anything from the first game, it'll ask you which route you want to continue from the previous game and go on from there. And at the moment we don't know how much content After has so we'll have to wait and find out.

Feb 27, 2021
I don't see why it's misleading. From what I can tell from the demo, After won't include anything from the first game, it'll ask you which route you want to continue from the previous game and go on from there. And at the moment we don't know how much content After has so we'll have to wait and find out.
I agree, in the Yasui route at least it showed that it is a continuation that was not there in the previous one, I imagine that the game will be like that.

Reactions: Salladz
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes