MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
Oh wow, you guys didn't joke around

Some of these scenes even if they are animated it feel less than the 1st game

Not saying anything bad to the dev, but considering some scenes are way better in the 1st game against animated feels kinda weird saying it

He did a fantastic job, lots of scenes, but just that feeling at the back of the head

Overall a 8.5/10

EDIT: Waiting for full save file, apparently it didn't unlock the right side

Last edited:

Yans_

Oct 29, 2022
yea it's not the best sequel, but I'm sure it'll get the job done for a lot of people. I think you'll only be really disappointed if you thought that this had 5 years worth of full development work. Anyway, I hope the Tina sequel doesn't take too long because I was way more hyped for that...
Bet!

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
yea it's not the best sequel, but I'm sure it'll get the job done for a lot of people. I think you'll only be really disappointed if you thought that this had 5 years worth of full development work. Anyway, I hope the Tina sequel doesn't take too long because I was way more hyped for that...
I'm just a bit disappointed because in the first game he managed to be so good about making the little interactions matter. I haven't played with proper translation but I don't think that'd change. IMO I think this game could've benefited from more dialogue from the random villagers. The Nobu route is the main one I was interested in and they sort of did, I just they did it more. Make the villagers comment how strange it is that Ryoka is always with those boys at the park. Also they were a bit more in your face with the H scenes. Like Nobuo groping Ryoka out in public, I think more of that would've been great. Have the MC run around the city and see Nobuo and Ryoka on a date and she slowly loses pieces of clothing that the MC picks up. I'm not a dev so maybe there's some limitations. I just think the first one was really good and no one has managed to get the same spark not even the same dev.

Reactions: Salladz

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
Lets not talk about the new guy route. It was so ass lol Im sure everyone was expecting more from this game. I already knew that he said this was like a DLC but I had hope.
I wish he focused in Tina 2 from the start or a new game, that would be great.

Kabokle

Oct 8, 2017
I just played through the vagrant route and I think people are misunderstanding the game. I like that he set up the game giving you time to remember things - the last week of the previous summer, the bond Keita and Ryoka have and then giving you the option of going to each route on your own. It's not like he could replicate the first game - he's giving every character their after stories after the ending in SoS1. You're seeing Ryoka mostly already corrupted and won over - that's the idea of the game, just expanding onto that pain of Keita now actually seeing and experiencing losing her.

I'd rate the vagrant route a 8/10 or 8.5/10, since it's the only one I played for now. Hot scenes, simple enough premise. Keita lost Ryoka because he simply had no attitude, and didn't show that he cared enough - the dude came in and stole her, body and soul. Tajiri gets her pregnant fast, and they start a family together. The ending with Keita going back to the village six months later and seeing her pregnant - now fully treating Tajiri as her husband, although she did confess to him before that she had a boyfriend - is soul crushing not because of darker things like blackmail or shit of that kind, just inaction. Keita repeatedly reminisces throught the route on how she's the love of his life - but his inability to act made him lose her.

I'll review the others when I play them (I'm going from least favorite characters to favs) but the idea is to show an actual AFTER story. People actually wanted for Ryoka to start from 0 again and are mad because they didn't understand the premise lol. That's why the focus is on the art and the scenes moreso than the "corruption" itself (even though I'm sure Oyama and Yasui will break her even further on this). Welp.

Reactions: Shigeru Miyamoto
4.10 star(s) 65 Votes