floatingcow

May 24, 2017
I find doing the changes to the game go hand-in-hand with the Unity re-code, so once those are done, feasibly the others will go by much faster than everything else. I can see 2/3 months, but I also feel late September is within the realm of possibility with the whole checklist. But hey, I don't know the specifics of the development, so I could be talking out my ass right now

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
yup maybe he decides he needs to get an update out next month and goes without some things on list.
Possible, but I doubt he'll release without the "adding new events". For non-Patreons starting from scratch and seeing the changes (graphics, changes to the system, changes to old events, etc) will be interesting and worthy enough of a new version. However, I doubt some Patreons will be happy to pay for a new version that is, essentially, not much different to the last release. I know it's all subjective at what point you'd describe it as "new content" to be worthy of the price...

although most of the work is in the first two I would presume.
Provided he still had the save files for the original renders not too much work would have gone into the new renders - changes to models, lighting and settings then it's simply waiting for the renders to work in the background while returning to the coding.

hard to say for sure, but it be worth the wait.
Probably. Some developers have, over the years, rewritten their projects and lost sight of what made them popular with the followers and gone on to ruin it by trying to be clever. I have a feeling @Walkius won't be one of them and will do a great job with his rewrite - I am optimistic about the changes (although there is a chance I can be proven wrong!)

I find doing the changes to the game go hand-in-hand with the Unity re-code, so once those are done, feasibly the others will go by much faster than everything else. I can see 2/3 months, but I also feel late September is within the realm of possibility with the whole checklist. But hey, I don't know the specifics of the development, so I could be talking out my ass right now
Not sure how Unity works with graphics - if he really needed to do new renders or could've left them for the future - but numbers 2-5 come under the re-code (even though he hasn't started the new calendar system I'm assuming it's going to be an essential!). Adding the new activities and events won't come under you "hand-in-hand" statement. Sure, some of the ground work will have be done already but the bulk of them will be new coding and take up time. If, for example, the new activities in school are simply a new classroom, with different graphics, that maybe changes a new set of variables (like increasing your knowledge of French to help Alice with her specific homework rather than just increasing your intelligence) then these could well be included for next month.

Reactions: Centurion

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
I would rather he finish the new mechanics so we don't have to keep starting over due to coding changes.
Oh, absolutely. But to be fair to @Walkius this is only the second time there have been sufficient changes to the game in some way to force us to restart from the beginning! (OK, to my recollection, we all know how bad my memory is and I guess someone will point that out pretty soon....)

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Oh, absolutely. But to be fair to @Walkius this is only the second time there have been sufficient changes to the game in some way to force us to restart from the beginning! (OK, to my recollection, we all know how bad my memory is and I guess someone will point that out pretty soon....)
your memory is awful but I believe you are right on this one :D

Reactions: Angus Bez

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
1.jpg

Rewriting is over!
Aug 20 at 2:26am
Alright, it's been long, veeeery long but the rewriting is over. What does that mean? -> Basically, the version you already have access (v.0.10) is on Unity, with a lot of readjustments (better image quality, better interface, rewriting some existing events, more paths to succeed...)
So now, I'm working on the new content : the different lessons, the new bar, activities at school and more Ako.

I still want to release it end of August but honestly, I don't think it'll be possible, particularly because the test time will be long.

Soon, more info about the lessons system. ;)

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017

Rewriting is over!
Aug 20 at 2:26am
Alright, it's been long, veeeery long but the rewriting is over. What does that mean? -> Basically, the version you already have access (v.0.10) is on Unity, with a lot of readjustments (better image quality, better interface, rewriting some existing events, more paths to succeed...)
So now, I'm working on the new content : the different lessons, the new bar, activities at school and more Ako.

I still want to release it end of August but honestly, I don't think it'll be possible, particularly because the test time will be long.

Soon, more info about the lessons system. ;)

:D so much for mine and @Angus Bez discussion , although appears I was right that most work was in first two.

anyway, this is great news.

So I'm guessing we'll see the release close to mid September. :FeelsBadMan:
yup that would be my guess, or like some said, end of September.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Hi everyone. Now, I'm focused on new content. I need some inspiration. So, you have 5 different class : English, Math, Biology, Computing and Sport.
If you have idea of small events that can occur during these lessons, tell in commentary.

Thanks.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017

Hi everyone. Now, I'm focused on new content. I need some inspiration. So, you have 5 different class : English, Math, Biology, Computing and Sport.
If you have idea of small events that can occur during these lessons, tell in commentary.

Thanks.
hmm forgot teachers looks.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017

Thanks.
Don't know if the dev reads this forum, but here we go:

Biology: During an experiment about some bacterieas, create a cloth eating bacteria by accident. Too much sci-fi? :)

Sport: Swimming, that naughty bacteria accidentally gets mixed with water in pool. During swimming lesson...

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
Please help. I`ve stuck with emily event: "Meet Emily".
X Wait until I meet her
- Wait for a proposition.

Nothing happens for decades. I`ve made almost all other events and quests. Maybe I`ve missed some event with her in the earlier stage of the game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
X Wait until I meet her

Nothing happens for decades. I`ve made almost all other events and quests. Maybe I`ve missed some event with her in the earlier stage of the game...

Have you read the Player's Guide?

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Yes.
I need an advise - what to edit in my save to go furhter.
Yeah, your relationship with Emily is 0 so as @Kara Zor-El points out you made the mistake earlier on - and you've taken the game too far for simple editing. I can change the variable to make your next move with Emily going on the Saturday date but because of you taking the game so far it still won't happen because the other variables are now set too high. You'll need to restart the game or, a better move, is to wait until the new version comes out when you'll have to restart anyway.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
X Wait until I meet her

Sorry for enconvinience , guys - I found solution by myself. I`ve compared two saves - one I have started from the begining until the first steps with Emily and the other - my last save.
The solution in this case was to edit my save to the step, when the date with Emily is done. (the next step after "proposition" was not able to go further either - Alice did not apeared on saturday):
After that I could find Emily eating alone in the Yard and was able to eat with her and talk. Thus far quest goes on by itself.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes