• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

GARGULE

Oct 2, 2018
1) Blue screen :

Regarding the animations, the current version allows you to see them if and only if the game is active in "Full screen" mode.

However, it seems there is a small timing issue that consistently generates a choppy sequence (see spoiler)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) Grey screens :

Gray screens on the other hand are probably due to the absence of images (or incorrect links). For example, there is always this problem when Mimi and then Alice go shopping to buy clothes.

The screen in this case is not completely gray because the texts are indeed present. Only images (if there are any) are not displayed.

tamert101

Dec 7, 2019
1) Blue screen :

Regarding the animations, the current version allows you to see them if and only if the game is active in "Full screen" mode.

However, it seems there is a small timing issue that consistently generates a choppy sequence (see spoiler)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) Grey screens :

Gray screens on the other hand are probably due to the absence of images (or incorrect links). For example, there is always this problem when Mimi and then Alice go shopping to buy clothes.

The screen in this case is not completely gray because the texts are indeed present. Only images (if there are any) are not displayed.
No need to theorize based on your own experience. First, the game runs in full screen by default and can only be set to windowed manually using alt enter. Second, the game and animations run flawlessly on some systems and have major issues on others and everything in between which I am assuming your experience was.

alfeatcat

Sep 20, 2018
In which folder are the animations and which file extension do they have? In the picture folder I only have jpg pictures

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
As the game is now changing to version 2.0 and some of you seem to be still playing the older version 1.10 I thought it'd be okay to let you have the final version of my old guide along with my save files for posterity.
Much appreciated. Unfortunately I deleted v 1.10 and moved on to v 2.0. We need to have you back again. :cool:

ttant

May 7, 2017
" The home is fully functional. "
I guess we don't share the same definition of functional. Player can't cook, can't shower, can't read book, can't watch tv. So no, the house is not "fully functional". It just contains some events link th the stealth skill, we can agree on that.

Otherwise, game is buggy. Playing baseball on day 57 in the afternoon just hang the game. Dialog doesn't show, i had to kill the game.
Also got lot's of visual c++ runtime error, which may lead to game crash, especially when having sex with emily.

I also agree with some others, v2 is more a "remake" than a v2 as nothing has really changed (grafics are the same, interactions as well - which, don't get me wrong, are great).

Anyhow, keep the good work ;)

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
ttant No offense, but yes, you obviously have a different definition. It was clear for probably everybody else that this would mean "no functionality that is intended for the home is missing". Can't comment on your crashes, I didn't experience any until now, but given that other's reported some as well, there seem to be problems. Don't just blame that all on the dev. These things are hard to avoid and fix if they don't happen on your machine an none of your beta testers reported them. As for the remake: You were told this was going to be a remake. Multiple times here and on Patreon. So, why do you seem to be suprised? Also, the graphics have been improved, several gameplay mechanics have been changed and major parts of the story have been rewritten, so I can't agree that "nothing really has changed". Sure, it's still kind of the same game. But that kind of was the purpose.

Sennidaumin

Dec 5, 2020
Anyone happen to know why everytime I try to play this game I lose my save files? Was 40 days in and lost it all. Good game but that was a bummer

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
There is one thing very consistent with UNITY games. They are memory hogs. Haven't played one yet that wasn't to one degree or other. Simple fix is don't play it more than 4 hrs and reboot your comp when it starts to crash. That will be different with each computer. My thresh hold is 4 hrs. Maybe Walkius has found a fix for it according to his previous post.
I finally found a way to play the animation on all computer. Now I have to change each animations.
Walkius and this game are a work in progress. He and the game have improved a lot since he started it. Keep up the great work.

ttant

May 7, 2017
Don't just blame that all on the dev.
I don't. I blame unity3d to be such a crappy engine for non-3d stuff. All unity3d game I tried that just display picture after picture have the same default (huge amount of resource consumed for what ? seriously, why a recent gpu (rx580) uses 100% to display one picture?).
In my eyes, renpy would have been a far better choice as engine for such game.
Note that lazy/crappy devs using renpy can also make a game hung after some time ;)

As for the remake: You were told this was going to be a remake.
I didn't read patreon, i didn't read all previous posts before mine, my bad. I only read the v2.0 changelog on first post and there is no "remake" notice there...

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Yeah, I get you. I'm really not a fan of Unity as well. Not so much the resources consumed or so (Ren'py isn't really low on that as well), but the lack of basic features like rollback is quite annoying sometimes. Then again, it's what Walkius decided to use and it's by far not the worst engine I've seen seen in use, so I try to focus on the good aspects of the game. Though those missing animations and crashes people reported here really are a bad sign for what is kind of a major game engine.

Ah, yes, sadly whoever pasted that changelog kind of missed what might be the most important sentences from the original
For those who didn't follow, this version is a remaster. Your saves won't be compatible. Why a remaster? To reduce all the flaws, especially the grinding, and to enhance the story. You have to start from the beginning, but don't worry, the story is totally different.
So yeah, it is easy to miss if you don't look at the Patreon post and missed out on the discussion from the last few pages.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
ttant No offense, but yes, you obviously have a different definition. It was clear for probably everybody else that this would mean "no functionality that is intended for the home is missing". Can't comment on your crashes, I didn't experience any until now, but given that other's reported some as well, there seem to be problems. Don't just blame that all on the dev. These things are hard to avoid and fix if they don't happen on your machine an none of your beta testers reported them. As for the remake: You were told this was going to be a remake. Multiple times here and on Patreon. So, why do you seem to be suprised? Also, the graphics have been improved, several gameplay mechanics have been changed and major parts of the story have been rewritten, so I can't agree that "nothing really has changed". Sure, it's still kind of the same game. But that kind of was the purpose.
I think the game flows better now. The mechanics involve less grinding. The story lines are more realistic. And the renders are even better. But the game freezes for me sometimes and I can't see any animations, just gray screens. Still, an improvement over the earlier version. And I'm looking forward to seeing new content for the mom. Keep up the good work, Walkius. :love:

Reactions: Squarblesport

elpelon

Apr 29, 2019
I keep getting this error when I try to run the game. Can´t be my notebook because I got an i5, 8Gb Ram, and a ATI Radeon HD 1Gb and a SSD disk. Can someone help me? The Notebook is with Win10 Pro, Spanish language because that my language. Thanks for the help

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
I keep getting this error when I try to run the game. Can´t be my notebook because I got an i5, 8Gb Ram, and a ATI Radeon HD 1Gb and a SSD disk. Can someone help me? The Notebook is with Win10 Pro, Spanish language because that my language. Thanks for the help
That is a memory error. My set up is as follows: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.19 GHz, 8.00 GB (7.77 GB usable) and it gives me about 4 hrs of play time before I get the same error. I was able to simply reboot my laptop to stop getting the error. Unfortunately it will be different with every computer/laptop/tablet.

Edit: It could be an incompatibility with your ATI as noted by tamert101 on page 450.

Last edited:

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Could you please try to fix allthough the white screen with pc freezing bug ( occcurs , often when take try a click on most the not "!" marked buttons ) so only way out is Strg+Alt+Enf and a lost of unsaved progress.
I remember on the older versions Mods were created for various cheats and for picking the best choices, are there any plans for Mods for these version of the game?, I ask only, because as much as I loved the old game with all its issues and horrible grind, I do not want to begin a new game and slog all the way through it again.
Can the game be played in windowed mode?.
Any plans by the Dev to move the game to Renpy?.
actually it’s worth playing the new game from the beginning because there is a lot of new content.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
tamert101 I can verify, at least as far as I have gotten, that much of the original content is here with the paths being different. I agree there is probably a compatibility issue with some computers/laptops since my game play has been flawless.

rin2 I'm not sure what you mean. The replay gallery opened up for me as soon as I played a scene in the game.
Strange. I have no replay gallery either.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes