1.80 star(s) 18 Votes

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
Game has been updated but I haven't tested it yet.
No change at all. :ROFLMAO:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I could go on and on and on.
The right solution would be to rework the entire logic of the game from scratch.
Improve the quality of images (their resolution and the quality of the backgrounds)

Plaguey

Apr 17, 2020
I want to say that this game has potential if it is polished well. With that said I feel very confused while I am playing it so far. I see a long list of things that COULD be done when it comes to the girls but they are not available yet? Kind of leaves me frustrated at that point. I am not sure what I am actually able to do in the game.

From what I read is that English is not your native language but I do really suggest getting someone to proof read your stuff after translation. I would also suggest not having so much things behind a paywall, especially if this is your first release of the game and trying to get it out to a massive audience it really can hinder people from wanting to help and support (this is my opinion on that subject).I really do think that this really could be a great game if fine tuned well.

Possible suggestions would be;
-Translation proof reader
-Removing options that are not currently available
-Don't push for Patreon so hard in the beginning (Like I said this is a personal opinion, it is a massive turn off for me with a game if I am being slapped with that out the gate)
-Look into some of the interactions, there was a time where I was talking to two students and they changed into the MC's daughter and her friend.
-The door to your bedroom takes you downstairs instead of into the hallway, I think that is a bit much. Possibly look into that.
-I have seen other games with renders looking like yours but there was a lot of substance.
-Certain things you have in the "Cheats" menu can crash the game or if you simply buy something it can crash the game.
-Buying the clothing does not unlock them for the girls and if it does I did not see how and where to make that happen.

That is just a list of some of the things I found with the game before it did crash on me. An other possible suggestion, is write out the script for what would be read by the players so that someone can help you translate it before it is set out to the public for playing.

tathar86

May 10, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'tv_menu'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/ducha.rpyc", line 53, in script
��t�J�x���V���]�C�J���ް
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'tv_menu'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
School of Harem 0.3
Thu Feb 24 12:40:21 2022

when i want to speak to NPC in livingroom

Reactions: hentai charley

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
sandbox isn't horrible
but honeyselect faces and japanese designed schools are horrible
Are you referring to the male faces or this game in particular? because Ripples, Once In A Lifetime, Lucky Paradox, Depravity, and The Inn all have good looking female characters. IMO

Reactions: Elasstommer

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
The initial start, after the naming process, I ended up in the breakfast area and there were only two options thse being Events or back, which is not right I am thinking. Perhaps just needs a lot more work.

Also it would be nice if when the mouse hovers a target it would be highlighted in someway. As it was I had no clue what was a valid target.

Black_Studios

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
Most the criticism I am seeing is productive. Negative criticism is still meant to be helpful.... unless I am not understanding your point.
each person can give their opinion if it is good or bad about the game, this is the first version of the game it is normal that it has errors and the truth was fun to see how they defended a simple game and those who give their ideas on how to improve the game we are trying to implement and fix those bugs to the game to improve the game, the game is very new and so are we the creators

Black_Studios

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
I really don't like to talk here but I only ask you not to disrespect us, everyone can say what they want about the game if they thought it was good or bad but don't disrespect the creators the game will continue to be updated in the weeks or following months and we will try to improve it as much as we can since we are very new to this without more to say thank you for giving your opinion to continue improving the game we are taking very much into account all the opinions you give us

watchinglolis

Jan 12, 2021
So this still feels like sub-par rewrite of The Headmaster with a family fun spin. Unfortunately the environmental details and the UI feel like they were made for Commodore 64. I don't want to say this game is bad or that the dev should rethink how they write their game but it's nearly unplayable in it's current state. There is not much to do with-in the game yet so this would be the time to rebuild it from the ground up. The preview images actually look better than in game. Please bench this for a few months until you can give us something with a bit more polish demonstrating a completed proof of concept.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Needs a time indicator, the little sunrise thing in the upper left corner, never changes.
needs labels for interactive things (mouse over and a label should appear giving you some hint of what it is)

right now, far too much "not available in this version" and FAR too little of anything to do.

Last edited:

Plaguey

Apr 17, 2020
I really don't like to talk here but I only ask you not to disrespect us, everyone can say what they want about the game if they thought it was good or bad but don't disrespect the creators the game will continue to be updated in the weeks or following months and we will try to improve it as much as we can since we are very new to this without more to say thank you for giving your opinion to continue improving the game we are taking very much into account all the opinions you give us
Not a problem! I hope that it works for you well! I really do, I know it is not easy work to make a game especially one that you are trying to make outside of your native language. Massive props to you on that! This game, as I stated in my previous post in here, looks like it really can go somewhere! Keep up the work!

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
It's very sad to see a good idea have a bad implementation.
I stand by my opinion that I expressed at the beginning of this thread.
1) Poor image quality. Guys, make the resolution of the screenshots in HS full HD.
2) Don't add something to the game that hasn't even been implemented yet in the early stages. It's very unnerving to bump into stubs every step of the way. It overloads the game too much.
3) Work on the GUI. Right now it's not very pleasant. Check out the other VNs on this site and take an example from them. No need to make it super contrived, just make it lighter and more userfriendly.
4) Grammar. As I understand it, English is not your first language. Therefore, I strongly recommend finding an interpreter (you can do it even on this forum, and for free).
5) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! The technical part. Such a feeling that you yourself have not played your game. A lot of bugs and glitches. Either go through all the logic of the code, or do everything from scratch. Now we have illogical change of time of day, teleportation between different locations during the conversation, looping dialogs, string search errors in rpy.
6) I hope you use IP and IK. If not, it will be another one-type game with standard animations from HS. This is not cool.

GL HF

Plaguey

Apr 17, 2020
So, I went to their Patron page to see if there is something that I could glean about that myself. I was wondering if there was something that they were keeping to only those users whom pay them monthly. Since there is a lot (and I mean a lot almost to the point of hammering it over our heads amount) of promotion to their Patron. What I saw was them talking about SoH 09 back in Feb then they were talking about .4, so I have no idea.. And to the Dev of this game, please PLEASE make things less all over the place and more streamlined. Because it is really hard to figure out anything with the game.

It's very sad to see a good idea have a bad implementation.
I stand by my opinion that I expressed at the beginning of this thread.
1) Poor image quality. Guys, make the resolution of the screenshots in HS full HD.
2) Don't add something to the game that hasn't even been implemented yet in the early stages. It's very unnerving to bump into stubs every step of the way. It overloads the game too much.
3) Work on the GUI. Right now it's not very pleasant. Check out the other VNs on this site and take an example from them. No need to make it super contrived, just make it lighter and more userfriendly.
4) Grammar. As I understand it, English is not your first language. Therefore, I strongly recommend finding an interpreter (you can do it even on this forum, and for free).
5) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! The technical part. Such a feeling that you yourself have not played your game. A lot of bugs and glitches. Either go through all the logic of the code, or do everything from scratch. Now we have illogical change of time of day, teleportation between different locations during the conversation, looping dialogs, string search errors in rpy.
6) I hope you use IP and IK. If not, it will be another one-type game with standard animations from HS. This is not cool.

GL HF
I agree with a lot of this. I had mentioned also previously that adding all the stuff you "could" do kind of makes it annoying to click on when you are greeted with "Next Update" for pretty much everything. As well as I agree with the UI/GUI issues you are having as well. It is very clunky and all over the place. There was no way to leave one of the girls rooms when you entered. With the bugs and such I believe I also had made mention to them about the switching of characters when you are talking to them in the school it self. That happened still.

So to expand further on what I said previously and what the other poster is saying.
-Please test the game either by yourself, close friends whom know you are making this, and/or by the patron supporters that you do have.
-There are quite a few discords out there that I have joined myself with a TON of developers whom may help you out with the ins and outs of making a VN.
-Remove the parts that are under development because at this stage in the game's early life it is making it feel clunky and (to me) makes the game feel like a vacant shopping center because you can see where things were supposed to be but you can not enjoy it because they are not available.

Before I venture further, I would like to say that neither myself or the poster that I quoted are trying to attack or belittle you. In fact from what it sounds like from the other poster, we both want you and this game to succeed.

I would like to suggest before you post an update for the game. Take time with it because playing it again with the .4 update from the .3 I could tell very little in difference. So much that I would have considered it to be a 0.3.1 update. No one wants you to fail here and I really hope this game can make it off the ground and be exactly what you want it to be and more!

Be safe and Be awesome!

1.80 star(s) 18 Votes