Ren'Py Abandoned School Wars [Chapter 0.4] [Soda Can Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Bliss25

Feb 14, 2020
Do you happen to know a way to talk to the dev?
Actually no. Their Patreon got deleted after I talked to them. It seems they'll focus on honing their skills before creating another game, but I'm not sure. They were very vague on what were their goals. I guess it was shock from the feedback they received

slmkaz

Dec 11, 2017
Actually no. Their Patreon got deleted after I talked to them. It seems they'll focus on honing their skills before creating another game, but I'm not sure. They were very vague on what were their goals. I guess it was shock from the feedback they received
Interesting. Hoping the best for them in the future. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised by them again in the future.

VenustusAltus

Jan 6, 2021
I hope that that creator comes back and gives it another go. This was a solid start to a game and I was interested to see where it was going, it's unfortunate that it was abandoned so quickly.

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
I didn't even try the game, because who would want to play someone with those monkey ears anyway, but there's no way that the story that was in the game was better than all that adventure. :KEK:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
So, I don't think many people are watching this thread anymore, except maybe the dev himself, who's reading that right now, but after what happened during the last weeks, I feel the need to talk about him; he might like he said to me, never do a game again and "come clean," but I think I need to talk about everything that happened and why this game will never continue despite people liking it. I wanted to keep it secret, but the dude got a step too far a few hours ago.

I was his proofreader/writer, a bad one, according to his latest words, lol

I'll skip the boring points, but in brief, he's the farthest thing one can be from a fair and balanced individual, I don't think ill of him, but I don't appreciate him either. The best words to describe him are: indecisive, pushy, insecure, and salty.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR — After a lot of confusion, mainly because of his indecision and the fact that he wasted my time over two weeks, I decided to kick him out of my discord friends list and block him.

Doing that didn't pleased him at all, but at the time, I was pissed off, so I wanted him to let me alone for now, something I'd said to him. Despite that, he came on here, sending me messages over messages, even if I was not responding to him (I even refused the money he wanted to give me; I thought the message was clear, but apparently it wasn't):
View attachment 1955818
The same day, he also stalked me to see if I would join Illusion Soft discord server and created a second discord account as soon as he could to send me a message; then, he called me, hung up, and deleted all his messages:
My response to that wasn't good; I already knew I shouldn't have reacted like this, but I was weirded out by his creepy behavior and his clinginess, so I latched onto him. And said to him to "leave me the fuck alone." or he'll have a problem. Despite that, he sends me another message on June 19th. I was calmer, so I answered and explained everything, also telling him to seek proper help for his self-esteem. He said he was sorry, and I believed it would be the end, but no, so like I said, since he continued, he'll have "problems."

He sent me another message today with a third and new discord account created for the sole purpose of talking to me. This discord account was the name of another person logged into Illusion Soft discord server, probably so that if he really had problems, these problems would fall on someone else.
View attachment 1955862
View attachment 1955863
Here is the other person's account that he copied:
View attachment 1955867
He then left the server to avoid problems, showing he only came on the server to try to insult and flame me, then deleted his messages as soon as possible after blocking me, something he already did a lot of times before that, lmao
View attachment 1955878

So here you go, you have the complete picture of who he is :unsure: And probably why he stopped working on School Wars, with both the critics and this situation taking a toll on him. I have his two F95 accounts and his 3 discords accounts if somehow a mod or admin needs them for anything
, the world will never turn around him and the need to develop a hardskin...

Reactions: riotwaffle

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
This is really getting good, in one side we have someone with screenshots and in the other side we have someone saying that it was the other way around, please both of you do go on that we all need to know the full story.

1659295007604.png

Nova1811

May 6, 2018
This is really getting good, in one side we have someone with screenshots and in the other side we have someone saying that it was the other way around, please both of you do go on that we all need to know the full story.
Even funnier is that the Dev already proved the other guy right by trying to delete everything from the first page because "everyone hated the game".
Even though most of the feedback was positive aside from a few easy to fix bugs and some complaints/jokes about the MC's looks.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
OK :KEK: I guess I'll waste more time on this than I already have.

First off, this is now the third F95 account that you created after creating 3 different Discord; 3 to 4 of them (seemingly) used to only talk to me. Are you gonna tell me this is a lie? :KEK:

Where did you see someone telling you was a bad dev? I didn't see anyone on this thread saying that about you; most things I've seen are that it wasn't that bad for a first release and that the MC had big ears, which was a bummer for most people. Now I'm sure you remember when I told you you'd lose a lot of players because of that, right? This is the only real critique people had about the game. The only other thing that came a few times was a single "bug" that needed to be fixed about a dialogue I needed to adjust; it was indeed my bad.
So, the only one who thinks you're a bad dev is you.

Here is the screen of the message I sent you right after you called me and hung up with your second Discord account:
View attachment 1958011
Like I said about my first message on here, I felt bad after a few days, mainly because, as I had shown with the screen of your 3 messages on F95, you seemed lost and sorry, significantly since you believed I "hated" you. I sent you this long message to explain to you why it ended like this:
Secondly, I never made fun of your English level; I told you that "if you struggle to communicate your thought [...]" on your original and first discord account, before this message, not even once did I acted aggressively or annoyed, but you were always there saying that you doubted what I said:

You're the one who came crying in MP, telling me I was mean for telling you that you had no friend and for ignoring you. Don't invert the roles. I never came here as a victim, but as someone who told you that if you insisted, you'd have problems, you insisted 2 times. I warned you, here I was clear; I even repeated myself (and you still came once on F95, then with a 3rd discord account, then by responding here):

View attachment 1958100

You actually told me that if it looked better and made more sense, I could change dialogues; it was your choice, don't put the responsibility on my shoulders; you could have said no. Plus, you were indeed happy about it and told me several time that it was okay and better like this. Tell me how it was crap? Can you explain that to me? Here is the only message I found about the seemingly bad English:

View attachment 1958111

The main complaint isn't about the writing; his remarks about it only take 13 words. The issue with Amanda's dialogue take 6 words. Secondly, I never told you I was perfect at English, I mentioned I'm not a native from the get-go, and I even sent to you scripts of projects I've done before and my Webnovel profile for you to read at least a bit of the thing I've done before and tell me if it was good enough for you:

As you said, I haven't mentioned once that I wanted to get paid. You started with 5%, then 10% of your own volition because you were happy with what I was doing. You even wanted to give me more. But as I said before, it's out of the question; I refused the money you wanted to give me, the money you insisted on giving me. So what's the problem?

For the second time, I haven't made fun of your English level; I told you you were struggling to communicate. Yeah, it probably wasn't perfect, I did my best, but sadly I'm not the best. If you genuinely want an almost 100% accurate proofread job, it's better to ask someone who's a freelancer and does it for a living instead of someone who does it because it's fun and because it allows him to make ends meet on a forum about 18+ games.
My "madness," as you said, was irritation; I wasn't disrespectful at first; it's only when you came on my discord after stalking me that I got aggressive and told you to leave me the fuck alone; before that, I only ignored you. As said before, you're the one who came crying to me in MP because I was mean.

Yeah, sure :WaitWhat: It could have been defamatory, but you decided to stop everything, so it doesn't really work anymore; you're the one who came back here. It's like I'm hurting the reputation of a retired anonymous artist who only made an unfinished painting, freaky.
Secondly, you're the one who is insulting me here. I'm not the one being hateful here. I'm not threatening you, the only time I did that was on Discord, telling you to leave me alone or I'll expose you. You insisted once; I tolerated it and even answered you. You insisted a second time, but this time by creating a 3rd discord account just to insult and flame me. We reap what we sow. If I'm banned from this, I'll accept it gladly, contrary to you and your bitterness. It's not spam. It can only offend one person here, even if all these are facts. And it doesn't contain any personal information since I took the precaution of blurring everything.

Thanks, I'll try to fuck myself (y)
Wait a minute? The dude LITERALLY deleted his post responding to you on this thread!??! What the hell!?

Shinoera if I had ANY doubts about what you said, they are gone now. Peace to you brother/sister! Some entertaining shit you posted. I wish you a fantastic day! My shocked faces I gave you will be turned to <3

ngulex97

Jun 5, 2022
Wait a minute? The dude LITERALLY deleted his post responding to you on this thread!??! What the hell!?

Shinoera if I had ANY doubts about what you said, they are gone now. Peace to you brother/sister! Some entertaining shit you posted. I wish you a fantastic day! My shocked faces I gave you will be turned to <3
Hey, I'm the dev again, this is not against Shinoera, I already apologize to him, this is for all the haters that are mad at me for no fucking reason.

I fucking deleted my comment because I din't want more drama, and because I said sorry to the only person I did bad in all this.

To be honest I don't know why guys like you are hating me, I mean, what did I did that was so fucking bad??

Did I scammed Shinoera or something? No, he even said that at every moment I wanted to still pay him his proofreader cut even when he wasn't anymore in the proyect.

Why I say this? Because you talk like if I scammed someone or something like that.

Did I quit the game because people were hating it? Yeah, that's true, and what about it? Does that make me a bad guy?

The only bad thing I did was insulting Shinoera IN ONE message (ONE), because I was angry for a few things I already said in my other message, that was something personal between a Dev and his proofreader.

Am I pushy, indecisive and insecure like he said? Yeah, I assume that.

Shinoera showed I sent him 3 messages, the 3 were to say sorry because how we ended, Shinoera said this was creepy and now I realized it was, but NONE of those messages was I insulting him or something like that, just the last one was (fourth one).

After I released the game I got depressed, decided to quit and then yeah, I sent him the message were I insulted him, because some things I was mad about, that was fucking stupid and childish, but y'all acting like I owe you something and that's not the case.

So this is my final message, but this was weird for me, I mean, it's not like Shinoera writed something so bad for everyone to act like I'm fucking Hitler lol.

• Angry
Reactions: huydragonz

OddCookie

Dec 30, 2021
Hey, I'm the dev again, this is not against Shinoera, I already apologize to him, this i...
Just another day at f95 dude. People are gonna pull shit on you here because they can? Even if you make #1 game on the world it's going to be shitted on here unless you have a fanbase for counter trashment XD. That's why you don't see many of the people who are trashing you here on the popular game threads. Just work on your game you want, hate will come and go. What stays is actually you and your game. You got talent dude, Just don't fall under the prey of someone who probably don't even know what it takes to make a game. You just released this game, Give it a few updates, listen to people when it only makes sense to you.
and about the whole drama the other guy "Exposing" you as a stalker. Like this site is full of saints and angels. Dude, you are more decent than just bunch of tags we see in here. who am I kidding? Just another day at f95...

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey, I'm the dev again, this is not against Shinoera, I already apologize to him, this is for all the haters that are mad at me for no fucking reason.

I fucking deleted my comment because I din't want more drama, and because I said sorry to the only person I did bad in all this.

To be honest I don't know why guys like you are hating me, I mean, what did I did that was so fucking bad??

Did I scammed Shinoera or something? No, he even said that at every moment I wanted to still pay him his proofreader cut even when he wasn't anymore in the proyect.

Why I say this? Because you talk like if I scammed someone or something like that.

Did I quit the game because people were hating it? Yeah, that's true, and what about it? Does that make me a bad guy?

The only bad thing I did was insulting Shinoera IN ONE message (ONE), because I was angry for a few things I already said in my other message, that was something personal between a Dev and his proofreader.

Am I pushy, indecisive and insecure like he said? Yeah, I assume that.

Shinoera showed I sent him 3 messages, the 3 were to say sorry because how we ended, Shinoera said this was creepy and now I realized it was, but NONE of those messages was I insulting him or something like that, just the last one was (fourth one).

After I released the game I got depressed, decided to quit and then yeah, I sent him the message were I insulted him, because some things I was mad about, that was fucking stupid and childish, but y'all acting like I owe you something and that's not the case.

So this is my final message, but this was weird for me, I mean, it's not like Shinoera writed something so bad for everyone to act like I'm fucking Hitler lol.
Umm, Dude seriously, get a grip. NEVER did I say you were "Hitler". I don't know you and I don't care what you did or didn't do. This was a moment caught in time that got away from you, no big deal. I guarantee that if you talked to ANYONE who played your game NO ONE would have anything near close of a bad opinion of you than what you have concocted in your head.

I'm being completely honest when I say: Have a good day, a good life. Sorry that School Wars didn't work out, but I got enough problems in my own life to be worried about whether or not you're a good Dev or not.

Stay healthy and positive, no hard feelings here :)

apomolla

Feb 17, 2021
Hi lads.

This is not a bad game. MC may look different yes, but it doesnt make the game bad.

I'm really sorry to read about this conditions between games creators/developers/writers.

Because in a project everyone give something from theirselves, to create something. Working hard on something, sometimes make people nervous. Wish you guys would menage this nervous time better.

But most important thing I wanna tell is, fuck haters. Always some smartasses say some shit about a job/project. sometime this smartasses try to lynching someone. But never forget, most times this whiny guys are just a minority. There are too many other people playing your game, liking your story and laughing your jokes.

this is not my native language so I may made some grammer mistakes or my message wasnt clear to understand some points, but I wanna thank everyone who had effort in this game.

chracter designs was the most important thing when I choose to play this game. Because many games uses same or nearly same char.designs. it seemed more original to me, so thanks again everyone.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote