Ren'Py Abandoned School Wars [Chapter 0.4] [Soda Can Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tescan

Sep 21, 2017
wow, i have read the 1st page of posts and there was only 1 comment (or 2) that were not constructive. (i didnt even saw the game... and its already deleted. RIP (MC with Monkey ears) it could have been a new thing on the MC's. ;)

if the DEV read this. Take a chill pill. This is the Internet.
And that is the problem with people. Since it's on internet they think they can post everything. No, you can't. Even on internet you have rules. But it seems cyberbullying is the thing to do or so some thinks. On social media people are quick to judge, especially with accidents. On forums, like this one, it's then all against one. Cool man.
Well, congratulations to those who did it. You just have bullied someone away.
Go shame yourself.

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
The patreon page is pretty funny.
I lost my job due to covid a little over a year ago, and since then I decided to live off my savings and try to achieve my dream, which is to create video games, if I reach this goal that will mean that I'll be able to live from this, so you will have Soda Can Games until the end of times.
You will live only when you reach 500 patrons? Because you currently dont have a job and neither the 500 patrons, means you are currently not living? o_O

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
And that is the problem with people. Since it's on internet they think they can post everything. No, you can't. Even on internet you have rules. But it seems cyberbullying is the thing to do or so some thinks. On social media people are quick to judge, especially with accidents. On forums, like this one, it's then all against one. Cool man.
Go shame yourself.
So what you say is "Make love not war"? o_O A bad game gets bad comments. No need to praise him for anything. You are one of these people who review every bad game with 5 stars?
Oh wait, I wrote something wrong about you, means now you will delete your account?

Kezmark

May 31, 2017
Go shame yourself.
No, thinking like this is what is wrong with the internet. People just expect positivity for existing. Oh, I have a dream to do x, so whatever shit I present must be good cause it is my dream... Please, people should take criticism and grow from it or gtfo. If you can't take this little criticism that this game got then you should move on, since you're likely just here for some quick patreon cash. As if there aren't enough of these games released all the time and abandoned soon after.

Bliss25

Feb 14, 2020
What??? I didn't hate the project! I was just annoyed by a small main-story bug in it! Why and how did this happen???

Bliss25

Feb 14, 2020
Okay, I have an idea of what's going on now. Could somebody give me a form of contact? I want to speak to him directly

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Delete this thread from the site please. There isn't even previews, downloads or a main page anymore. So what's the point lol
Soo... whats the point of this thread if there's no download or info about the game at all?
The download links and other information will be restored soon. Please report such cases in future instead of just mentioning in the game thread.
And thanks to those who reported it to get our attention.

Edit: OP has been restored.

Last edited:

Bliss25

Feb 14, 2020
The download links and other information will be restored soon. Please report such cases in future instead of just mentioning in the game thread.

Thank you. I subscribed to their Patreon and gave them some encouraging messages. I was liking the project even with the annoying Amanda bug. This truly caught me off-guard and I don't simply wanna ignore this situation and let them cancel their project forever

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Go shame yourself.
I don't think this is so much as a case of cyberbullying as the dev having unhealthy self-esteem. As far as I know, it's not normal for someone to quit this easily, from this level of criticism. That's not an issue an internet community can fix and it's not really practical or realistic to ask people to accommodate those kinds of issues. It doesn't mean that people should be free to be mean, but they also didn't sign up to tiptoe around eggshells. No amount of encouragement is going to fix someone who has no self-assurance. The best possible move for someone who cannot handle criticism really is to work on themselves. Otherwise, whatever creative endeavor they pursue, no matter how good, is only going to end in upset.

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
nah bro. this guy is just sensitive and does not take criticism well. I have seen devs get absolutely shat; much worse than this guy and still manage to respond to negative comments. I get negative reinforcement isnt always the best thing, but ask yourself this "was the dev really committed as an artist in the first place?". seems like a lack of conviction to me.

Your hyperlink is the unrealistic Disney fairytale of an "artist".

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Go shame yourself.
I disagree.
1. This isn't cyberbullying. Here's the definition copied from Google: "the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature." I'll add harrassment to this as well. But what do we have here? A few dozens people saying the game is bad or weird. Internet do have rules, but these rules are mostly for serious stuffs like doxxing, actual cyberbullying, scams, etc... Being nice or mean fall under etiquette, and these are optional. The equivalent of this case would be an IRL artist burning down their gallery because some guests disliked or laughed at the paintings they made.
2. You don't have to be mean, yes. But you don't have to be nice either. Expecting positivity without earning it is the big step to failure. If you are going to provide a product AND expect to be paid for it, then at least have your skin be thicker than Twitter at the very least.
3. We have no reason to trust the Dev yet. Anyone can write a sob story about needing money and having a dream. But immediately rage quitting over a slight offense? Their dream must be pretty shallow then, and they obviously didn't need the money that badly. Or it was bullshit to bait out donations. Who can really tell? If I am going to spend my money, it better be on someone I know produced real results.

Last edited:

RaulGaul21

Oct 13, 2020

That was a geniue question cuz it was the first time i saw this. I will do that next time (y)

Reactions: Jeevant

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
nah bro. this guy is just sensitive and does not take criticism well. I have seen devs get absolutely shat; much worse than this guy and still manage to respond to negative comments. I get negative reinforcement isnt always the best thing, but ask yourself this "was the dev really committed as an artist in the first place?". seems like a lack of conviction to me.

Your hyperlink is the unrealistic Disney fairytale of an "artist".
Yeah, I don't know why the link was shared. A kid is super impressionable and looks up to adults for guidance. By the time you're an adult, there's probably a lot of things you've done that your parents don't approve of, but you probably learned to (mostly) stop giving a shit about their opinions. Another thing I want to point out is the fact that no one ganged up on the guy. The thread is a mix of good, bad, and neutral comments. If the dev decides to latch onto the relatively few negatives and ignore the positives, that's literally a personal problem.

Reactions: riotwaffle
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote