• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Science Of Lust [Intro] [Tora Productions]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Great intro and definitely looking forward to where the story goes from here.

Favorite Girl - Pastore (sexy and mysterious!), Mackenzie (attention-seeker), Jordyn (hidden perv)
Least Favorite Girl - Jacky (like the look, but not the character, probably coincidental but feels like the stereotype cheap Asian character)
Favorite Scene - Library with the many possible choices
Least Favorite Scene - Coffee shop (Serena's serious talk feels out of place, Jacky's talk feels cheap)
Line of Dialogue - "I'm not sorry for scolding you this morning, but for what it's worth, I am sorry that you are having a hard day."

Any idea at all whether it's reasonable to expect a monthly update?

FakeNudes

Nov 25, 2017
I just finished re-playing redemption for Jessika on the renpy port and i had an idea of how a scene with the characters might be incorporated into this story. Like, we're out on our balcony for some reason and we look down to see Jessika and SarahB nude sunbathing on their lower down balcony or something, maybe they're having a foursome with Marc and Sylvia like they did in the bonus scene for RfJ. Just a thought I had...

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
I liked what I saw. Two things I noticed:
- rather have more challenging woman. It seems like every woman is falling for you, or sending some signals to you, showing their interest to you on an obvious way, especially since the protagonist is still shy(?) here, I can´t imagine how to progress, if it´s already that easy at the beginning. E.g. The gym girl asking him for help, instead of the girl next to her etc.
- Every woman seems to have the same, similar body type. Would be cool to have more variation here + some age effects (on that professor)

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
Some news:

iksanabot has been drowned in his day work and hasn't been able to progress on Science Of Lust this week, and they're getting a small delay. They're will continue to work on it as soon as iksanabot will be more released from his day work .

Last edited:
Reactions: Skylaroo

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Some news:

iksanabot has been drowned in his day work and hasn't been able to progress on Science Of Lust this week, and they're getting a small delay. They're will continue to work on it as soon as iksanabot will be more released from his day work .
For a moment there i thought he had literally drowned - damn word choice scaring the crap out of me!:eek:
Oh well, time to check other stuff for distraction while we wait some more.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
Some news:

"Iksanabot returned from his vacations and resumed working on the game. He worked the code for the pictures we have until now and this next week he'll give me more pictures to render".

iksanabot

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, sorry guys, I've been swamped, (and I don't mean I'm drowning in a swamp). I worked all summer at a 60-hour a week pace on regular life stuff and whenever I had a spare second, I felt I needed to relax and deflate instead of turn right to working on this. I was hoping to have more free time than I ended up having this summer (my wife started a new, demanding job, and so I need to help pick up the slack around the house with chores and kids and all that stuff). My vacation was nice, at a remote cabin in the woods, on a lake, but not a time that I could get anything done, and then it was all over in a flash anyway. But I'm trying out a new strategy for managing my time, so hopefully we will make good progress again now. I do feel like I'm getting back in the adult-game groove. It always waxes and wanes with me.

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
That's great news! I can't wait for the real episode 1!
Favorite Girl - Lily, because she's natural and a little naughty at the same time... and Pastore because she is so mysterious...
Least Favorite Girl - Jacky because she is simply not my type. But pretty anyway.
Favorite Scene - Library, I liked the multiple choices
Least Favorite Scene - the end of the Coffee shop, it sounds not as real as the rest, and it's déjà-vu, the MC always runs to cut the scene.
Line of Dialogue - all the double meanings of Pastore...

Last edited:

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, sorry guys, I've been swamped, (and I don't mean I'm drowning in a swamp). I worked all summer at a 60-hour a week pace on regular life stuff and whenever I had a spare second, I felt I needed to relax and deflate instead of turn right to working on this. I was hoping to have more free time than I ended up having this summer (my wife started a new, demanding job, and so I need to help pick up the slack around the house with chores and kids and all that stuff). My vacation was nice, at a remote cabin in the woods, on a lake, but not a time that I could get anything done, and then it was all over in a flash anyway. But I'm trying out a new strategy for managing my time, so hopefully we will make good progress again now. I do feel like I'm getting back in the adult-game groove. It always waxes and wanes with me.
Have you resumed work on this project by now or has it been put on the back burner for now? Was an excellent start nonetheless. Cheers

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
Post from iksanabot:

Hi everyone, this is iksanabot.

I know I’ve been silent for a while. Mortze and I made quite a bit of progress on SOL episode 1 in the weeks after the introduction came out, but then as summer ended I became completely swamped with my regular work, and progress ground to a halt. It’s not dead. I’m still very motivated to tell this story, and I love Mortze’s images and can’t wait to see them embedded in this game. I usually work on this stuff in spurts, and I fully expect to have another spurt soon. Especially with American Thanksgiving and Christmas Break coming up. But right now I’m overwhelmed with all my real-life work. I’m a professor of neuroscience (I know most of you will assume this is a lie, but it’s the truth and my purpose is to tell the truth here, so believe it or not, that’s what I’m telling you). As a professor, September through to December is bananas: balls-to-the-wall work work work. December is a little relaxed, then January to April is bananas again. And then summer slows down, except that you spend the whole summer knowing you could be doing more work, and that alone stresses you out. Academia is like a marathon, you succeed by setting a good pace, and falling off the pace costs you. Whenever I work on these games, I fall off the pace.

I want to make my situation with Mortze understood. I love Mortze’s work, and Tlaero’s. When Tlaero retired, I was a little bit devastated, and sad for Mortze, and I jumped into the gap. I told Mortze I wanted to work with him, and he asked my about compensation. As emotional as I was about the whole thing, I told him I did not need any compensation up front, and not at all until we passed a high threshold in his Patreon earnings. That is, I told him I did not need to be paid until he exceeded $3200 in monthly earnings. At that point, anything over $3200 would go to me, until we reached $6400, and then we would continue to split it down the middle. This was partly generous, and partly arrogance. I thought we could hit $6000. So for a month I completely ignored my regular work and learned to code in renpy and and I wrote the intro to Science of Lust. If we had exceeded $3200/month by that point, I could have justified keeping the game my top priority, but we didn’t even come close. I had worked for about 120 hours for free. There were some positives: I helped keep Mortze from losing as many Patreons as he might have. I had fun discussing the ideas with Mortze and seeing his art. I actually like coding and so I had fun learning renpy. But in the end, I could make a ton of money writing for 120 hours for Lesson of Passion (Leo pays me up front for scripts), and in my regular job, if I spent 120 hours working on a grant application, I can make up to $24,000-$30,000 extra per year. No shit. Grant money pays what is called “summer salary” so that a researcher can add up to 30% of their salary by winning a grant. So working with Mortze is fun, and I want to help, but the monetary incentives are miniscule. I guess that is what I’m trying to tell you. I will keep doing it, but I have to do it at a pretty slow pace to justify doing it at all, when the hours could be so much more lucrative to me spent elsewhere.

So to sum up, I am still working on this. I’m working on it for Mortze, for Tlaero, and for the Patreons. SOL episode 1 is coming. Please be patient.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes