TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
There is also a game - breaking bug whick I think it is because of the crack (I runned it on a VM since it shows up as a virus) but you can't continue after a certain point because the dialogs don't show up for the librarian.
The crack does not have a virus, also the crack should have 0 influence on any progression in the game. If some dialogue isn't showing up from some NPC, I'm 99% positive it is a bug in the game. All the crack does is make the game think you are Patreon Linked, allowing you to save and load.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Does anyone know how to reset the graphics preferences without opening the game?
I made the mistake of trying some higher graphic settings which I think caused the game to crash to windows, now it won't open, I get the Unity splash screen and the "you must be 18+" screen before it crashes, I think I need to undo realistic materials/textures (something like that)

Edit: For reference deleting the "QualitySettings.cfg" from "Users\[UserName]\Documents\SeasideMystery" was the solution to this

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018
can someone plz upload the v16 .dll in a zip so it doesn't trigger the false positive? my mega limit would make it take like two days to get the file from the full game otherwise

edit: deleting graphics settings in the documents and system settings in appdata worked to get the game to launch for me

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...edit: deleting graphics settings in the documents and system settings in appdata worked to get the game to launch for me
Thanks, deleting the "QualitySettings.cfg" from "Users\[UserName]\Documents\SeasideMystery", did the trick

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm getting consistent "Crash to Windows" when I look at Brenda's customization/clothes after using the DressUp code (even at low quality). Not sure if this is a Bug with that code or something bigger, makes me nervous about investing time trying to play through from the start like I was intending. Is this happening for anyone else? Is it limited to the customization screen?

Mar 29, 2018
I'm getting consistent "Crash to Windows" when I look at Brenda's customization/clothes after using the DressUp code (even at low quality). Not sure if this is a Bug with that code or something bigger, makes me nervous about investing time trying to play through from the start like I was intending. Is this happening for anyone else? Is it limited to the customization screen?
Same issue here.

brata

May 16, 2017
It's the crack

brata

May 16, 2017
The crack does not have a virus, also the crack should have 0 influence on any progression in the game. If some dialogue isn't showing up from some NPC, I'm 99% positive it is a bug in the game. All the crack does is make the game think you are Patreon Linked, allowing you to save and load.
There have been known games that can detect if there is a crack or a modification on the code. Instead of blocking it , they add game breaking bugs and other annoyances to ruin the experience of using pirated cracks.
One well known instance of this was the game Bone Town where if you used the crack you couldn't use the weapons and made the game impossible to win. Gamers were complaining in the pirated forums while people on discord were lol-ing.

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
Same issue here.
Is there a way to test what you guys are doing on a new save without the crack, or is it too far into the game? Because that would be an easy way to rule out the crack.

Can either or both of you DM me your save file and tell me exactly how to reproduce what you are talking about (as I haven't played the game so I don't know what it is you are doing)
I will investigate if this is actually the crack causing this or not, which I'm putting my bets on it isn't.
It's the crack
Do you have any proof of this, or just blaming the crack because some early access, beta version of a game can't have any bugs, right?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Is there a way to test what you guys are doing on a new save without the crack, or is it too far into the game? Because that would be an easy way to rule out the crack.

Can either or both of you DM me your save file and tell me exactly how to reproduce what you are talking about (as I haven't played the game so I don't know what it is you are doing)
I will investigate if this is actually the crack causing this or not, which I'm putting my bets on it isn't.
that was a fresh start, I'm downloading the uncracked version again to check if the crack has anything to do with it (I deleted for the new cracked version in the OP)

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
that was a fresh start, I'm downloading the uncracked version again to check if the crack has anything to do with it (I deleted for the new cracked version in the OP)
You don't have to redownload anything, just rename dxgi.dll to anything else and the crack won't apply.
Then go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\KsT Games and delete this folder to remove the account link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stil996

dobon

Oct 17, 2018
the game crashes for me at the very beginning, the previous version comes up without any problems
is there a way to fix this?

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
It's the crack
Stil996 and mememeandmyself just confirmed it is not the crack. Stil996 downloaded a fresh uncracked 0.17.0 and mememeandmyself just removed the crack, and both deleted their old license (which the game places in appdata\locallow\kst games) and they still crash.

Edit: Replacing lib_burst_generated.dll in Seaside Mystery_Data\Plugins\x86_64 with the one from v16 fixed it for Stil996.
Edit2: And it also worked for mememeandmyself

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018

Do you have any proof of this, or just blaming the crack because some early access, beta version of a game can't have any bugs, right?
New save but with the crack, tried removing the .dll but the account remains linked.

Just saw your latest reply so it seems to be an issue with the game not your crack which makes a lot of sense, since the crack just enables linking to be able to save and load.

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
Mar 29, 2018

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
Yup it isn't the crack, game also crashes for me without the crack when using the DressUp code and trying to change the clothing for Brenda. BTW Thanks for making the crack.
Stil996 was able to fix the issue by getting the v16 lib_burst_generated.dll and replacing the one in v17. The path to the DLL is Seaside Mystery_Data\Plugins\x86_64

3.90 star(s) 57 Votes