3.40 star(s) 49 Votes

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I think it's fair to say he is doing too many projects at once, but I don't think its anything too deep. I think its just that he gets burnt out on one project and starts on another one.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
I think it's fair to say he is doing too many projects at once, but I don't think its anything too deep. I think its just that he gets burnt out on one project and starts on another one.
It's definitely nothing too deep or even serious, it just feels a little disappointing, like a waste of his talent/skill to make mostly forgettable short burst visual novels when lads know he's so much more capable... I hope his next projects pan out though.

Reactions: NTR-Lord

NTR-Lord

May 24, 2023
He does it to himself. It is bizarre. It almost comes off as self-sabotage in a way. I can't explain it. He chooses to do too many projects. He is the boss. Why would you do this when you know you can't succeed with it?

To quote an old post of mine I made last month. He needs to go back to Patch releases.

Update-to-update, not only takes stress away from him and other involved. It allows for longer more fleshed out projects. Because it turns big projects and goals into small approachable tasks to finish on a monthly bases. The pros of this are the following:
1. Games can be longer and more fleshed out
2. User can give actionable feedback before the game is released
3. Breaks down projects into approachable goals (this is the biggest pro)
4. Takes crunch time off him and everyone else involved
5. Supporters are able to get gameplay updates every month or every other month thus more people are willing to stay subbed
6. He can work on multiple projects at once this way. To use an example, he can release, Drusilla0.2 and Awakening0.1 and add to each per month or do a bigger update release for one game.

The world is his oyster. He needs better planning. His games get worse and worse as the years go by, I don't get it. Art and animation can only take you so far as the foundation of NTR is all in the writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Because setting goals isnt for everybody. If I set goals of shit I need to do I never do it. If I have a game im having fun with but suddenly it makes me feel like I need to log in and do something, well I don't want to play it anymore. The feeling of obligation can cause you to not want to do it.

Yes that isnt good, and doesn't make sense to someone who is good at time management and the ability to set and complete goals. But people aren't always logical.

I can almost guarantee you, he works on a project and gets it a good way done, then wakes up and feels he needs to sit down and just finish it. Which then makes him feel burnt out working on it. It is what it is.

Reactions: NTR-Lord

NTR-Lord

May 24, 2023
Because setting goals isnt for everybody. If I set goals of shit I need to do I never do it. If I have a game im having fun with but suddenly it makes me feel like I need to log in and do something, well I don't want to play it anymore. The feeling of obligation can cause you to not want to do it.

Yes that isnt good, and doesn't make sense to someone who is good at time management and the ability to set and complete goals. But people aren't always logical.

I can almost guarantee you, he works on a project and gets it a good way done, then wakes up and feels he needs to sit down and just finish it. Which then makes him feel burnt out working on it. It is what it is.
I think we talked past each other. He already sets goals to himself by putting a release date. If he is going to do this then it makes sense to then set much smaller goals during this time frame. I'm essentially talking about an Action Plan. Something like this, here is a random example

Main goal: Finish game in 5-6 months
Main monthly goal: Finish rough draft of script in one month.
- Do 30min-1hour of writing a day.

He takes on big goal, finish game in 6 months, then breaks it down to smaller goals. In this case the first month is the script, then he further breaks that down to something super easy. This will not only motivate him as he feels good about hitting tasks and finishing them, it makes them into digestible chunks. He can do this for multiple games so he can bounce back and forth without getting burnt out on one project. It makes a kind of positive feedback loop. It doesn't have to be a ridged thing where he HAS to finish by 6 months. If he hits the 6 months and sees it's not done then he has the information and content to delay accordingly. He does a patch-patch method while doing all of this.

Because the alternative is what we currently have. Like you said people aren't always logical which is fine, I get this method isn't for everyone, but we are already doing the current method and it is only getting worse. It is spiraling into chaos. Like you said, and I fully agree. He 100% sits down works on a project for a long duration, he then gets burnt out and stops, he then puts it on hold, and months go by then he feels obligated to finish it and just rushes and cobbles something together.

The feeling of being obligated will rear its heard regardless of method in my opinion. It's just a matter of trying a different approach to tackle it.

Admiral Wanker

Jul 1, 2019
because you dont have money to subs the one man dev.
He has employees tho, unless this is one of these cases where a celebrity dev recieves all the credit from zealot fans. People need to know that Kojima doesnt program his own games for God sake. People are unironically worship him as god lmao.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
He has employees tho, unless this is one of these cases where a celebrity dev recieves all the credit from zealot fans. People need to know that Kojima doesnt program his own games for God sake. People are unironically worship him as god lmao.
Kojima not only programs all his games 100% solo, he also routinely goes out and saves kittens from burning buildings while doing phone support for broken tea kettles.

• Haha
Reactions: Admiral Wanker
3.40 star(s) 49 Votes