VN Ren'Py Abandoned Secret Boss: New Neighbours [v0.2] [PaperBoyProductions]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes
Oct 21, 2017
I love the art. My only gripe is the white boxes without text in them - I'm not a RenPy programmer (I'm sure there are better ways) but I would be tempted to replace:

Code:
scene c1p16
""
with

Code:
scene c1p16
pause
That way the image shows on the screen until the user clicks and no empty white box hiding quarter of the image.

Reactions: HansDampf788

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
With the "former CEO of a pharmaceutical company" and "developing a drug that doesn't do what it was supposed to do" and "secretly working at your new company" stuff, this sounds like a setup for a mind control game, but it's not in the tags.

Will there be mind control content?

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I'm confused, why does it quit without any warning if I blame Martin at the beginning? Makes zero sense, and the choice useless as well.
Probably for a future update? But if so, it really ought tell you so and send you back.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well without the extra clicking to read the dialogue it would be just fine although I was a little confused at the start making those choices without knowing any of the stories was a bit odd, overall looks good.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
renders look really nice, the ass on Katrina is delicious :love:
but that ha-ha and he-he after every two sentences must go...
also a lot of white text boxes with nothing on them

but it's a cool game, i like it, best of luck in the future :) (y)

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
I love the art. My only gripe is the white boxes without text in them - I'm not a RenPy programmer (I'm sure there are better ways) but I would be tempted to replace:

Code:
scene c1p16
""
with

Code:
scene c1p16
pause
That way the image shows on the screen until the user clicks and no empty white box hiding quarter of the image.
Thank you for the info; I’m relatively new to this lol. I will utilise on the following update.

D

Deleted member 451676

People never seem to get the overview right. It's either a single incredible vague sentence or it's a goddamn essay. Find the middle ground.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Hmmm not bad so far. Though, I found the clicking on the white bars annoying, as well as the abrupt game overs. Rather have choices that are choices (maybe cutting off a future romance path if you choose a certain action), otherwise, there's no real point in having them and practically turns it into a kinetic novel. Also, there should be some background story as to why MC feels a certain way toward this character and that character. Some context will go a long way in the decisions the player will make, especially since I had no idea how to act around any of the characters.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
it slightly reminded me of Pandelo's game. given who you're supposed to romance first. but yeah the meaningless choices are pointless. for the most part this coulda just been a demo to introduce the story and some characters. if the bad choices lead to a game over they're just annoying if it lead to a bad guy route it would make more sense. that being said im actually looking forward to more. especially with vee's daughter.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Blargher

May 2, 2018
Okay from all the comments, it seems the negatives could easily be fixed later on. So I'm gonna download this and give it a try. Though I agree without even reading it yet. I've never understood choices that drop you to the main menu or constant ha haing. I remember one game every single sentence ended with a hah hah. Casually talking on a forum maybe, but in a story not so much.

I'll either edit this post later or if others posted, post again when I get a chance to play it.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes