VN Ren'Py Abandoned Secret Boss: New Neighbours [v0.2] [PaperBoyProductions]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
The thing about He He and Ha Ha used in games is they are to numerous and quite often attached to a line that the write thinks should be classed as funny or witty.

And unfortunatly due to the amount and frequency of use tends to make any funny or witty remark just plain anoying.
It also tend's to make you think the charactor in the game never takes anything seriously or constantly finds themself way to amusing.

Both anoying traits in a charactor be it movie, book, or game.
some of the best and funniest moments I have read in games had no Ha Ha or He He or any form of implied funny quotation's.
they tend to come out of the blue so to speak normaly called dry humour.

As an example of the type of Humour I mean have you ever been reading an interesting story while sipping from a drink,
and due to one seemingly inocent sentence out of no where either fallen of your chair from laughing or suddenly spat your drink out from an uncontrolled laugh. or both?.

I think the problem is some Dev's try to hard to make you think its funny when infact the funniest Dev's don't try at all.
A good Dev will let the player decide what is funny or not in their game.

After all humour is subjective I don't find funny half of what my nephews find funny and they don't always get what I find funny.
when a Dev try's to hard to seem funny putting way to many Ha Ha's and He He's in their scripts they just make it anoying and hard to enjoy what might otherwise be a good game.

Thats normaly why we ask that they cut right down on the use of Ha Ha and He He its fine if its ocasionaly used by one charactor inresponce to another charactor or MC's words.

But not normaly at the very start of nearly every sentance,
I mean not many like a comiedian who finds their own joke he/she's trying to tell so funny that they can't tell it properly due to laighing.

Lukes Way was an example of a game that was good but spoiled by over use of Ha Ha He He.
but now I personly think its nearly 100 times better now he has almost stoped useing Ha Ha He He at all.

just my personal opinion.
Just Sayin.

Reactions: YaYa_UnTIN2

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Excuse me my Goodman but the PC's are still calling my actor Mr. Grayson I've changed my name.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Is this one of those shows about some CEO going undercover to act like they care about the employees?
Hi desmosome,

Undercover Boss (TV Show) with potential sex! I thought that as well when I read the game's description. :)

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
The thing about He He and Ha Ha used in games is they are to numerous and quite often attached to a line that the write thinks should be classed as funny or witty.

And unfortunatly due to the amount and frequency of use tends to make any funny or witty remark just plain anoying.
It also tend's to make you think the charactor in the game never takes anything seriously or constantly finds themself way to amusing.

Both anoying traits in a charactor be it movie, book, or game.
some of the best and funniest moments I have read in games had no Ha Ha or He He or any form of implied funny quotation's.
they tend to come out of the blue so to speak normaly called dry humour.

As an example of the type of Humour I mean have you ever been reading an interesting story while sipping from a drink,
and due to one seemingly inocent sentence out of no where either fallen of your chair from laughing or suddenly spat your drink out from an uncontrolled laugh. or both?.

I think the problem is some Dev's try to hard to make you think its funny when infact the funniest Dev's don't try at all.
A good Dev will let the player decide what is funny or not in their game.

After all humour is subjective I don't find funny half of what my nephews find funny and they don't always get what I find funny.
when a Dev try's to hard to seem funny putting way to many Ha Ha's and He He's in their scripts they just make it anoying and hard to enjoy what might otherwise be a good game.

Thats normaly why we ask that they cut right down on the use of Ha Ha and He He its fine if its ocasionaly used by one charactor inresponce to another charactor or MC's words.

But not normaly at the very start of nearly every sentance,
I mean not many like a comiedian who finds their own joke he/she's trying to tell so funny that they can't tell it properly due to laighing.

Lukes Way was an example of a game that was good but spoiled by over use of Ha Ha He He.
but now I personly think its nearly 100 times better now he has almost stoped useing Ha Ha He He at all.

just my personal opinion.
Just Sayin.
Hi LWtbo,

After playing to the office (undercover) I could not take it any longer. I edited the game scripts to remove all the ha-ha-ha he-he-he ha-ha he-he statements and the game was much more enjoyable to play (until the abrupt no save here warning ending).

Just my 2 cents. :)

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
No matter what I do with the daughter - not looking or touching her bum - the game comes to an sudden end ... is it supposed to be like that?

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
No matter what I do with the daughter - not looking or touching her bum - the game comes to an sudden end ... is it supposed to be like that?
Sorry about the abrupt ending guys.I guess i released the game too early lol.I just have exams coming up and I didn't want to be occupied by the game right now. I'll try to fix this, as well as the haha's and hehe's on the next update :) I got some sexy renders planned for it so stay tuned.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
well,lets see where this one goes,always liked these kind of stories.
the boss being undercover and just chill with everyone.

Reactions: giggitygigity
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes