• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Secret Boss: New Neighbours [v0.2] [PaperBoyProductions]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
LOL, I usually write late at night after all my other business is done. mybad long nights man

Found the game today and i have to say that i find the game pretty good so far. Liked the story, the pace and the models are stunning. Hope you incorporate animated scenes in future updates.
Keep up the good work.
That will be a good day when I am able to do animations but right now I cant. Thanks for your comment

Dev, just one question : Why the sounds are in wav format (about 600 mo...) ?
Is mp3 a no-go ?
My converter only does wav but I will look into that.

My toughts exactly.

This is not an update, or not worthy of calling a 0.2 version. Does anyone know what happened with this dev?
try other dialogue options sir

Thank you sir

After almost 2.5 months, such a pathetic update?
An interesting idea, but the execution is not worthy of support.
If you haven't please try other dialogues.

Hm, writing is okay, though there were a few points where it appeared amateurish.

Some of the characters are good, some are just completely overdone.

The renders in general aren't really good, some of the women look okay-ish, some rather bland or ugly. The worst is Katrina's mom who supposedly looks so great and yet, I wouldn't look twice at her, if I met her.

The only one's that actually looked alright are Katrina and Charlotte (though that new haircolour? Meh.)

One thing that really made me laugh was a) Katrina fainting for no fucking reason at all. I mean, she was caught and all that could have happened was a little fall, who gets unconscious because of that? And b) same scene, where MC complains about his hurting back, when catching and carrying one little young woman for like 5 seconds. How out of shape would you have to be for that?

All in all, this isn't bad and definitely has potential to grow, but to become in any way good it really HAS to grow.
Yeah I am no pro lol. English is the third language I learned so I am sure my grammar is a bit weird to native English speakers.

This is great
Thank you sir

Hmm reboot ? i played before same ending
hope gets new updates and Mc can have some fun :p
there are like 3 endings. no reboot

I love this game man, that's why Im a patreon supporter, but to me this update was too short! Compared to the first release and based on time it took :cry:

Hope next one will be bigger
I hope you tried the other dialogues. I mean they aren't that extensive so just a suggestion.

Ok guys, I'm out.

Reactions: R9f6

Acardia02

Jan 27, 2019
I love the story and of course Katrina with her ass, I wish the milf can be more attractive.
Rich single guy should be interested with attractive female, not average single mother.
But, keep up the good work Dev.

Reactions: PaperboyP

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Just tried this out, and wanted to say I quite enjoyed it. Was surprised at how I ended up in three very different places with seemingly innocuous changes in choices made. I can see that being a problem with having to make a ton of saves the longer the game gets, but it was a welcome surprise. I liked it.

Story got pretty intriguing when its revealed that the MC is dosing himself with the drug that got him fired. The description of what the drug reminds me of the movie Limitless. So I'm pretty curious to see where things go from here.

Also, man. Katerina and Charlotte's models are just beautiful. Well done.

• Red Heart

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Thank you. I don't know why others won't bother using the other dialogue options then say it was only 10 to 20 renders :(
True. I was just rummaging through the image folder and noticed there is allot of new Charlotte content that I didn't get in my playthrough. So I need to go back and play with alternate choices so as to not miss anything, especially Charlotte.

BTW; Every lady in this game has a really nice ass.

• Red Heart

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Really unique looking models, I like them a lot. And indeed, I knew I reckognised her from somewhere, its Eva Green, awesome

I have a complaint though: after the game ended I looked through the picture folder and it turned out I missed a sizeble amount of content. It's totally unclear how the choices get you into the different "routes" if there are any. Other than that it's a great game so far

• Red Heart

fugazi666

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you. I don't know why others won't bother using the other dialogue options then say it was only 10 to 20 renders :(
no need to be discouraged by an idiot or two, who can't tell their heads from their asses. i'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who have played your game are fascinated with it already, especially the average beauty level of the female characters. the story built around an undercover company owner is pretty interesting too. please keep it up.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Aug 7, 2019
If you need an audio editor to export mp3s for your sounds you could always try i used it when i backed up my old man's vinyl so he could have it on his phone.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
I hate these “find new pictures myself” games. The game forces you to make new "choices" so you can see the new pictures. The choices I have made are just what they would do anyway. And I’m not going to change them just because the game forces me to look for new pictures when they seem hard to put where the game ended the last time. Not interested in looking for them again from material already played. This game is just the beginning and now I'm already fucking so much, so maybe I'll delete the whole game. Now without re-starting the playing time was maybe a minute and renders it really 10-20 pcs. This annoys players as much as the fact that the old save files don’t work and have to start all over again. 5/5 shit :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
I hate these “find new pictures myself” games. The game forces you to make new "choices" so you can see the new pictures.
I get what you mean, and I agree with you. However the game is still in very early stage, so I think we should cut the dev some slack and give him the chance to improve over time, and make sure that whichever choice you make you get an equal-ish amount of renders.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It seems Katrina is taking the whole situation a bit harder than she should be I felt sorry for her when she was standing listening to the conversation she just looked so helpless which is some great work on the devs part.

• Red Heart

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Oh wow, a game/VN where the choices actually lead to real different scenes and routes with different girls! (y)
(Speaking of the 0.2 version).

It felt like on of those good japanes eroge games where on the 4th replay you found this tiny decison
that suddenly sets you on the path of girl that until now, you only thought was a side character in the game
and discover that this girl actually has a whole story of full length.

So that choice in the living room leading to all those different scences (and maybe routes in the future),
was, is just awesome.

Having to replay a game for all content won't sit well with the shallow ADD crowd but it's genuine
and a great change for VN old timers and folks looking for quality.

The renders are great and crisp too. No noise, no grain. Good job for "just your laptop".

The girl/women's character models are unique looking too. No run off the mill DAZ assets.
Good looking too.

The story...i got some "Limitless" vibes there with the pills. Other than that, the setting is good.
Good for different approaches to different girls without needing demons, super powers or logical story holes.

All in all I (me personally) am really really truly undeniably amazed to find a VN here,
where a choice has a real meaning and leading to different routes and scenes with and for different girls.

That said, keep up the great work PaperboyP!

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
It seems Katrina is taking the whole situation a bit harder than she should be I felt sorry for her when she was standing listening to the conversation she just looked so helpless which is some great work on the devs part.
Oh wow, a game/VN where the choices actually lead to real different scenes and routes with different girls! (y)
(Speaking of the 0.2 version).

It felt like on of those good japanes eroge games where on the 4th replay you found this tiny decison
that suddenly sets you on the path of girl that until now, you only thought was a side character in the game
and discover that this girl actually has a whole story of full length.

So that choice in the living room leading to all those different scences (and maybe routes in the future),
was, is just awesome.

Having to replay a game for all content won't sit well with the shallow ADD crowd but it's genuine
and a great change for VN old timers and folks looking for quality.

The renders are great and crisp too. No noise, no grain. Good job for "just your laptop".

The girl/women's character models are unique looking too. No run off the mill DAZ assets.
Good looking too.

The story...i got some "Limitless" vibes there with the pills. Other than that, the setting is good.
Good for different approaches to different girls without needing demons, super powers or logical story holes.

All in all I (me personally) am really really truly undeniably amazed to find a VN here,
where a choice has a real meaning and leading to different routes and scenes with and for different girls.

That said, keep up the great work PaperboyP!
Far out… You guys make me want to not care about the support and just keep on doing this. I was thinking of just quitting this and maybe make something more popular, like games such as incest and other stuff but I just can’t bring myself to do it creatively right now. I want to try this approach, but… I don’t know.. not a lot of people seem to like it. I’m not going to lie…, I would be ecstatic to get a lot of patrons so I Can quit my part-time job but I just want to push a little bit further and see where this goes, that maybe people would eventually support. Anyways, I just want to say thank you guys and I’m going to shut up now and just continue working on it and I hope I can meet people’s expectations if there are any. Take care and stay safe.

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
Far out… You guys make me want to not care about the support and just keep on doing this. I was thinking of just quitting this and maybe make something more popular, like games such as incest and other stuff
Imho that would be the biggest mistake you could make. You gotta make the game that's in you, not the game that you think people will like.
I want to try this approach, but… I don’t know.. not a lot of people seem to like it.
I think far more people like it than you think. The positive feedback outweighs the negative comments by a ton. Don't dwell too much on the negative. There will always be people that complain no matter what you do. Focus on the positive an keep on doing your thing (of course that doesn't mean ignore all feedback - some remarks can help you spot the weaknesses in your game and help you to improve on that)
I’m not going to lie…, I would be ecstatic to get a lot of patrons so I Can quit my part-time job but I just want to push a little bit further and see where this goes, that maybe people would eventually support.
Since
a) the game is very early in development and hasn't got a lot of content yet
b) we still have to wait and see if the updates come at regular times and have reasonable content, and
c) you still have to "prove yourself", so to speak
I wouldn't set my hopes too high regarding patrons. That may change in the future though.

My advice: don't give up your part-time job yet :), just keep working on the game and ENJOY doing so.
Time will tell how things go from there.
And in times of need never forget: a lot of people here really like what you're doing.
Best regards.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes