Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes
Sep 7, 2020
Y'know I don't mind him taking a long time to develop this, I'd rather wait until my retirement age for a good and stable product than an awful and rushed one.

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Y'know I don't mind him taking a long time to develop this, I'd rather wait until my retirement age for a good and stable product than an awful and rushed one.
Five years from now, unless the law gets in the way, we'll probably be asking ChatGPT to code us a 3D SHF clone with realistic skin stretching physics and fluid dynamics, coded automatically in less than an hour.
:LOL:

Rustyshack

Feb 13, 2021
Five years from now, unless the law gets in the way, we'll probably be asking ChatGPT to code us a 3D SHF clone with realistic skin stretching physics and fluid dynamics, coded automatically in less than an hour.
:LOL:
and it would break every 2 seconds

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
From what I've heard, ChatGPT is pretty good for getting into coding as a learning aid, it's certainly not the best especially since It can't intelligently apply coding, but it seems competent enough to get worthwhile suggestions.

Reactions: forcedtosignup43

NebbieZebbie

Jan 13, 2024
From what I've heard, ChatGPT is pretty good for getting into coding as a learning aid, it's certainly not the best especially since It can't intelligently apply coding, but it seems competent enough to get worthwhile suggestions.
ChatGPT and similar programs can actually write code that works, particularly for GUIs and common web dev tasks. I wouldn't trust it one bit right now for games (it has no ability to figure out bugs, because it doesn't think, and it can easily make minor subtle mistakes), but it can apply code in a way that looks intelligent just by how it slams together concepts mostly correctly and with very good API usage.

On another note, I was looking into this game in large part out of curiosity to see how things interact, and I noticed that characters have mental setups that to me seem quite bizarre, like seemingly everyone but Lyra being into anal, or the CMC being really into being touched on their sides. Has there been any work on doing a pass to make characters closer to their presentation in FiM for what they're into? I know the show doesn't provide a lot to reveal their fetishes, but surely we would expect things like AJ is into shoving things in mouths, or most ponies aren't really big on butt rubs (they touch each other's butts nonsexually a ton), and the CMC would be at least nonsexually interested in each other (that is what "interest" as opposed to "fear" on the second axis means, right?).

Reactions: forcedtosignup43

ScarletIce

Sep 12, 2017
ChatGPT and similar programs can actually write code that works, particularly for GUIs and common web dev tasks. I wouldn't trust it one bit right now for games (it has no ability to figure out bugs, because it doesn't think, and it can easily make minor subtle mistakes), but it can apply code in a way that looks intelligent just by how it slams together concepts mostly correctly and with very good API usage.

On another note, I was looking into this game in large part out of curiosity to see how things interact, and I noticed that characters have mental setups that to me seem quite bizarre, like seemingly everyone but Lyra being into anal, or the CMC being really into being touched on their sides. Has there been any work on doing a pass to make characters closer to their presentation in FiM for what they're into? I know the show doesn't provide a lot to reveal their fetishes, but surely we would expect things like AJ is into shoving things in mouths, or most ponies aren't really big on butt rubs (they touch each other's butts nonsexually a ton), and the CMC would be at least nonsexually interested in each other (that is what "interest" as opposed to "fear" on the second axis means, right?).
Considering that the entire game is currently being remade from the ground up, starting with an entirety custom made engine from scratch, I imagine that is fairly far down the list of priorities atm. Besides, you can manually edit all those preferences in the currently released version.

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
I think the like/love/hate person/toy/fetish mechanics were pretty much slapped in, I don't think they were ever really fine-tuned, a lot of the stuff in there felt pretty iffy, but thankfully they don't really matter that much and they're adjustable anyway. I'm assuming the rewrite will probably flesh the system out better and the values will probably get pushed around a bunch via player feedback.

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
It's been a while since the last update. Does anyone know if Levy has said why?
Nope.
They are either waiting until they have something to show for the update, looking into the sites people mentioned (Including here), or IRL stuff happened.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
Just came back to this game after some time. It seems like the models on the online version are broken now?

NVM apparently this game just doesn't like firefox.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Why platforms are unreliable
If you're here on my Substar, you're probably aware of the unstable situation for NSFW creators on Patreon. Though if you're curious, I talk about it in the .
That link didn't work for me (SubscribeStar said it was broken). But there's a Base64 address in that link, it leads to this Patreon post:

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
That link didn't work for me (SubscribeStar said it was broken). But there's a Base64 address in that link, it leads to this Patreon post:
I know, I didn't fix it becuase I always link the Subscriber & Patreon posts above the spoiler.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes