3.90 star(s) 109 Votes
Sep 15, 2019
Something feels off. The old Leanne scenes were much hotter.

Could just be the lighting because the models look nearly exact same but her eyes or hair doesn't look as alluring as before.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm so glad you decided to bring this one back I had high hopes for it when it previously released and that hasn't diminished after playing this new update and it will certainly replace that void when you finish Picture perfect. Already looking forward to the next update.

BlurryRender

Sep 25, 2017
I can say being disappointed or even shameful of their ancient work is not only a game developer's problem. It really happens to every creator (I mean creators, not shitmakers).
Everyone here has heard about Lewis Carroll rewriting the whole Alice's story because he didn't like his heroin name any more, but I guess we were not many to read "Josephina in Wonderland". Did you ?
And I still have, somewhere in my attic, Pablo Picasso's enhanced Guernica (with awesome colors!)... Nobody bought it, never.
I can go on with this kind of stories, but guess what? I don't want to rewrite my post each and every day. No.

Oh, Superwriter, I nearly forgot to say I like your work.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I'm so glad you decided to bring this one back I had high hopes for it when it previously released and that hasn't diminished after playing this new update and it will certainly replace that void when you finish Picture perfect. Already looking forward to the next update.
Really glad you enjoyed it, man. There have been some complaints about slight changes to the models, but I have found out there are ALWAYS complaints whenever you change something, but the Creator, I think I know what's best which is why people like my games, so I just have to remember that.

I can say being disappointed or even shameful of their ancient work is not only a game developer's problem. It really happens to every creator (I mean creators, not shitmakers).
Everyone here has heard about Lewis Carroll rewriting the whole Alice's story because he didn't like his heroin name any more, but I guess we were not many to read "Josephina in Wonderland". Did you ?
And I still have, somewhere in my attic, Pablo Picasso's enhanced Guernica (with awesome colors!)... Nobody bought it, never.
I can go on with this kind of stories, but guess what? I don't want to rewrite my post each and every day. No.

Oh, Superwriter, I nearly forgot to say I like your work.
I wasn't ashamed ordisappointed in my previous releases of the game. I'm actually pretty proud of what I could do as a brand new developer who had been developing for literally 2 months. I am now 9 months in and I have improved so much and now I have money to buy assets that are not on free sites, and make the game better which is the reason for the reworking =]

Reactions: Bagley and Mormont

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
SuperWriter I think BlurryRender was trying to say that when someone first creates something and them comes back to it later they want to bring it up to their current skill level, the terminology is just a bit off. As a programmer i would have to go back over programs i wrote when i first started and would be like 'man that pretty crap compared to what i can do now' and then proceed to re-write it. Its more a feeling of I am better then i was so i want what i have already done to be just as good as what i do now kind of thing. Especially since you are going back to the project, you want it to be the best cause that is how you are. It shows you care about what you create and that is awesome!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Really glad you enjoyed it, man. There have been some complaints about slight changes to the models, but I have found out there are ALWAYS complaints whenever you change something, but the Creator, I think I know what's best which is why people like my games, so I just have to remember that.
I thought they looked great I saw no issues with the model's you've gone back and made them better nothing wrong with that, your doing a good job don't worry about the minority.

leilaa1

Jun 11, 2020
I thought they looked great I saw no issues with the model's you've gone back and made them better nothing wrong with that, your doing a good job don't worry about the minority.
the minority matters too.
it may be that the minority are the only ones who pay to support the game on patreon.
here everyone downloads for free, without paying a single cent to support, so it's easy to praise.
I prefer the game in the old version
it was perfect
I don't know why a game of 2 episodes is already with 2 remakes.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
it was perfect
You prefer the version that was abandoned and was no longer going to be worked on.
To you perfect was 2 chapters of a game that was not going to get updates ever again.
It gets a remake because otherwise it doesn't get any updates.

His patrons voted to have him stop working on Hunger For Chaos and start back up with SS. We wanted new stuff and we voted for the remade characters (mostly hairstyle changes). SW wanted to change the assets so that he wasn't using the same assets that every dev has access to and uses. He wanted to give us something different. I heartily agree and approve of it. Nothing important or substantial was changed. The script is the same, the landlady and roomies are essentially the same, the buildings are different but not essential to the narrative, the clothes may have changed but that doesn't matter since our goal is to see them naked.

However, since the choice is quite literally the current changed/updated version or NOTHING I am happy with the updated version. If you are a patron then there or on the Discord would be a better place to be heard. Complaining on a pirate website is not going to be the best way to be heard.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
the minority matters too.
it may be that the minority are the only ones who pay to support the game on patreon.
here everyone downloads for free, without paying a single cent to support, so it's easy to praise.
it was perfect
The patreons were the ones that voted for the changes, so the whole "minority may be the ones that support" is redundant.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
SuperWriter I think BlurryRender was trying to say that when someone first creates something and them comes back to it later they want to bring it up to their current skill level, the terminology is just a bit off. As a programmer i would have to go back over programs i wrote when i first started and would be like 'man that pretty crap compared to what i can do now' and then proceed to re-write it. Its more a feeling of I am better then i was so i want what i have already done to be just as good as what i do now kind of thing. Especially since you are going back to the project, you want it to be the best cause that is how you are. It shows you care about what you create and that is awesome!
In that case, thank you very much xD I definitely see his point, and that is true

Reactions: BlurryRender
Nov 24, 2018
Well, I was a bit surprised to see it being remade again, that I must admit. But it's the decision of the creator and a topic for another day. Third time's the charm, I suppose... I compared it to the previous version and for me it's hard to say which one I think is better. Both better than the first version, this much is undebatable. But it's definitely better to redo the current parts now instead of changing the house in the middle of the story.
Things I don't like are the remapping of the screenshot key without any information where it has gone and the sound of hovering over the GUI buttons. That sound is just plain bad, sorry to tell you that. I had to turn them of almost immediately. Other than that, it's a game with a good story (so far) and very good quality in renders. If the decision tree doesn't get too confusing and instead sticks to the current system of collecting affection points for each character, then I'll keep looking forward to the next releases. May they be story progressions.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I really can't speak for other devs, but when I started developing this game, I was a baby. And I made a ton of mistakes with the lighting and everything else. And now that I am more comfortable with being a developer, and I have the funds to buy assets that you guys have probably never seen before, that's why l I am reworking the game.
Hence why my advice wasnt complaints and general advice. My only complaint is I liked the old coral better because her look made more sense to the character. But if your a baby dev perhaps one game at a time? while I'm not a fan of the other games premise I wouldnt fault you one bit if you chose to focus on that one over this one or vice versa.

the game was on hold for the last six months and I literally just decided to start working on it a FEW WEEKS AGO. And I'm already putting out a brand new chapter this month, ALONG WITH the 2 reworked chapters that is literally taking 2 weeks to do. Not 2 months or even 1, TWO WEEKS.
Nice output, but its still the same timeframe to the consumers of your content. Sorry if your butthurt but honestly no one here can keep track of all of who goes on hold on what game. Hundreds of games get updated monthly. I had to look at the date for this game to even know when the last time I played it was. So as my statements point out, its about perception over reality. You could have waited and posted it all at once and been a hero over all the drama you got. Only a few would have even noticed at that time.

If anything though this statement says you could put out a serious amount of content in a month over a lot of competition, Including those with teams, but you don't for whatever reason. I probably would have kept this to myself. A lot of us here do support devs financially. Its not just a pirate site, so food for thought.

But you know the funny thing? Everybody complaining gets the game for free while I have 300 patrons that have supported me and have voted on all the clothes and hair and everything else you see.

So I'm sorry but I care about their opinion way more because they allow me to do this full-time and actually make the games.
Im going to be a dick here and say obviously you care about the opinions here just as much or you wouldn't show this much butthurt over what we say or do. You wouldn't even be on this forum and focus only on your patrons. and if your here to get more patrons, well....not the best way to go about it calling people whiners that you waited 6 months to put in 2 weeks worth of effort as you say. (again would not have let that cat out of the bag. I would have just told people you werent satisfied with the work and retrained yourself. It doesn't seem like it would have been a lie after all.)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Hence why my advice wasnt complaints and general advice. My only complaint is I liked the old coral better because her look made more sense to the character. But if your a baby dev perhaps one game at a time? while I'm not a fan of the other games premise I wouldnt fault you one bit if you chose to focus on that one over this one or vice versa.
I said that I was a baby developer 9 months ago when I started, and now I am more comfortable.

Nice output, but its still the same timeframe to the consumers of your content. Sorry if your butthurt but honestly no one here can keep track of all of who goes on hold on what game. Hundreds of games get updated monthly. I had to look at the date for this game to even know when the last time I played it was. So as my statements point out, its about perception over reality. You could have waited and posted it all at once and been a hero over all the drama you got. Only a few would have even noticed at that time.
I'm not butthurt, I just said it's discouraging when you put hard work to make a game better and people just complain. It doesn't matter what the perception is, the reality is that the game was abandoned for the last six months and I just decided to restart a couple of weeks ago, so I am enhancing the game while putting out new content within the same month.

If anything though this statement says you could put out a serious amount of content in a month over a lot of competition, Including those with teams, but you don't for whatever reason. I probably would have kept this to myself. A lot of us here do support devs financially. Its not just a pirate site, so food for thought.
I release an about every 3 weeks, because that's what my schedule allows and what I'm comfortable with. I have put oute 12 updates of all my collective games in the 9 months -- 8 of Picture Perfect, 2 of HfC and 2 of SS.

What more do you want me to do? Most developers put out an update 2-3 months. I have put out an update every single month. I'm not sure what else I can do. Or what you think is better. I work hard every day and that's all I can do. These games take A LOT of work. And I can promise I'm not lazy. Again, I release an update EVERY month. This month? SS. Ch. 3, WITH Reworked Ch. 1 & 2

Im going to be a dick here and say obviously you care about the opinions here just as much or you wouldn't show this much butthurt over what we say or do. You wouldn't even be on this forum and focus only on your patrons. and if your here to get more patrons, well....not the best way to go about it calling people whiners that you waited 6 months to put in 2 weeks worth of effort as you say. (again would not have let that cat out of the bag. I would have just told people you werent satisfied with the work and retrained yourself. It doesn't seem like it would have been a lie after all.)
You have a lot of things wrong. This game was ABANDONED until a few weeks ago. It was not going to be made. I was working on my other game Hunger for Chaos and have put out 2 updates of that. I am not behind on this game because it literally was in the trash. I came back after 6 months and I'm continuing the game. you are acting like I put in a little effort after developing this game for the past 6 months. It was DEAD until a few weeks ago like I said.

And I I like coming on f95 because I like interacting with the fans that play my game. Of course I could just stay on patreon where all of my patrons support me 100%, but I like hearing what you all think, even if you don't like the game or certain things.

What I don't like are people who just complain over free content, and have no criticism to give back or ideas how I can improve.

What I respond to: "I really don't like Coral's new hair. I think a ponytail would be better."

What I don't respond to: "You reworked the game adding new stuff? This is such a waste of time."

Last edited:

DiroGoodboy

Oct 18, 2016
How am I supposed to name the NPCs' relationship to the MC? Why one "roommate" is different from the other two and why are there two "landladies"?

Reactions: redsling
Sep 6, 2019
Many here seem to say they're doing a dialogue, but even to me, it seems like an attack.

Assuming they're legit that it's just questions... it's all in the phrasing. A minute to rephrase before posting does wonders. Case in point, here's a legit question to SuperWriter. Instead of people complaining ("I hate harem games. I hope you're not doing a harem!"), they can just say:

Some games intro the Love Interests (LI) in the first 1-3 releases, and that's it. That makes a focused game. Other games, you get fresh new LIs every 2-4 releases. That makes a wide game.

Superwriter, do you think that you've shown us ALL the LIs of Secret Summer? Or there's a few more? Or a lot more? Or don't know yet? If you don't care, I personally prefer focused games.

Done.

EDIT = I actually do prefer harem games, but I chose the above example to not be self serving.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes